Home

Old 10-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #97
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes6812
I think Koetter is the bigger villain at this point. I say keep both and become a player for the number one pick.
Keep... both...?

You want to keep a coach that in 9 years has a below .500 record, with TWO playoff appearances?

Why?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #98
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Keep... both...?

You want to keep a coach that in 9 years has a below .500 record, with TWO playoff appearances?

Why?
He said to become a player for the #1 pick.

I haven't been a big Del Rio fan for years. I don't think he's a great coach. He started out pretty good, and then it seemed to me that he developed a massive ego that got in the way.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #99
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
He said to become a player for the #1 pick.
I really REALLY don't want that whole nonsense, and I don't think we'll be the worst team in the league regardless of whether we have JDR. Might as well cut ties.

Quote:
I haven't been a big Del Rio fan for years. I don't think he's a great coach. He started out pretty good, and then it seemed to me that he developed a massive ego that got in the way.
I was patient with him. I think, while Gene is the real deal (and yes, I know he's under fire, but I honestly think the Jags are very close to "clicking" and then Gene will be a genius), JDR just doesn't have it. He's overstayed his welcome with the Jaguars.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 10-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Keep... both...?

Why?
Just until the end of the year, after that I will gladly drive down to Jacksonville from Tennessee, pack their houses and load up a UHaul for them.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #101
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
I really REALLY don't want that whole nonsense, and I don't think we'll be the worst team in the league regardless of whether we have JDR. Might as well cut ties.

I was patient with him. I think, while Gene is the real deal (and yes, I know he's under fire, but I honestly think the Jags are very close to "clicking" and then Gene will be a genius), JDR just doesn't have it. He's overstayed his welcome with the Jaguars.
This is only Gene's third draft class isn't it? 2009 - the Jags got a starting LT (Monroe), starting RT (Britton), starting DT (Knighton), and starting CB (Cox). They also got their #1 WR in Mike Thomas, who's on pace for 72 catches. They also got Miller and Jennings, who are both contributors. Then last year, they got Alualu, and good young D-Line depth with Smith, Hart, and Lane, and Karim is a good returner. And this year they got what hopefully will be the franchise QB. Gene Smith has accumulated some great talent down there. It takes time. I'm not sure why anyone wants him fired. The Jets and Carolina are the only teams the Jaguars have played that have losing records. And the Jets are better than their record suggests, and the Panthers may be the best 1-5 team you'll ever see. The Jags are still a young team, and they're still a couple pieces away (they need to get more turnovers and they need a WR badly). But this is a good roster with just a bit more seasoning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #102
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
This is only Gene's third draft class isn't it? 2009 - the Jags got a starting LT (Monroe), starting RT (Britton), starting DT (Knighton), and starting CB (Cox). They also got their #1 WR in Mike Thomas, who's on pace for 72 catches. They also got Miller and Jennings, who are both contributors. Then last year, they got Alualu, and good young D-Line depth with Smith, Hart, and Lane, and Karim is a good returner. And this year they got what hopefully will be the franchise QB. Gene Smith has accumulated some great talent down there. It takes time. I'm not sure why anyone wants him fired. The Jets and Carolina are the only teams the Jaguars have played that have losing records. And the Jets are better than their record suggests, and the Panthers may be the best 1-5 team you'll ever see. The Jags are still a young team, and they're still a couple pieces away (they need to get more turnovers and they need a WR badly). But this is a good roster with just a bit more seasoning.
If you read a lot of BCC, there's a lot of anger about how Gene loves small school players.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 10-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #103
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
If you read a lot of BCC, there's a lot of anger about how Gene loves small school players.
That's because they get overlooked by other teams, so you get better value a lot of time. Why on earth would anyone care what school they went to? How did those guys from Florida Shack drafted turn out?

Btw, what's BCC?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #104
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Big Cat Country. It's a Jaguars fan site I go to. It's not bad.

OS OT Post Champ '11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »