Home

Jacksonville Jaguars

This is a discussion on Jacksonville Jaguars within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #9
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 2010 Jacksonville Jaguars

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...s-mvp-watch-18

Garrard at 9... which is pretty cool. He does hold a tie in the league for passing TDs. Didn't throw a pick either, which was very impressive.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #10
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Ugh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...as-a-torn-acl/

Quote:
Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio oddly ended any chance for a quarterback controversy in Jacksonville by playing backup Luke McCown during Sunday's loss to San Diego.

McCown was hurt during his brief appearance and will miss the rest of the season because of a torn ACL, Del Rio revealed on Monday.
There goes that. Who's the backup now? PFT says Brett Ratliff is the new backup. I know what you were thinking... who?

Anyone else out there on FA or through trades anyone would like? I'd like to try to swing a trade for Tony Pike, personally, although I wouldn't be opposed to seeing if we can pick someone up in the draft (Andrew Luck?).

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 11-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Alright, so the season has changed a bit since San Diego, and not looking too bad (at .500 at the bye is probably the best we could have asked for).

Good summary thus far:

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9458

Quote:
At midseason, the Jaguars are 4-4 and everything is on the table. With a second-half run, the franchise, the coach, the quarterback, the GM and the town might all have reason to celebrate at season’s end. Should the Jaguars falter in the second half of the season, however, doubt would, again, dominate the picture.Yes, it’s a good story because it has real-life drama to it. It’s a drama that began the day after last season ended. Let’s go back and look at the important dates that shaped this season.
A good read.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #12
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Aaron Kampman has torn his ACL, jaguars.com reports:

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9490

Quote:
The Jaguars have lost defensive end and star pass-rusher Aaron Kampman for the rest of the season. Kampman sustained a torn anterior cruciate ligament to his “good” knee during practice on Thursday.
Devastating. The defense wasn't necessarily good this season, but Kampman was a bright spot. Looks like the hopes of a winning season are gone for J-Ville.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 11-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #13
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Spoiler
Old 11-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Damn man that sucks. Was casually following him this year as I wanted to see how he would look going back to the 4-3 and from the few times I had seen of him, he was making the adjustment just fine.

Now I'm not even sure if he'll even get to play at THAT level again since he's basically blown out both of his knees and is already creeping up on the wrong side of 30, if he isn't already there.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Damn man that sucks. Was casually following him this year as I wanted to see how he would look going back to the 4-3 and from the few times I had seen of him, he was making the adjustment just fine.

Now I'm not even sure if he'll even get to play at THAT level again since he's basically blown out both of his knees and is already creeping up on the wrong side of 30, if he isn't already there.
Plus, even though J-Ville signed him to a 4 year contract... they have a ton of young, up-and-coming defensive line talent ready to take his spot. Here's what the defensive line could be looking like at times against Houston (Harvey's starting, but I'm not sure that it's a good idea):

Mincey/Lane - Knighton - Alualu - Hart

Hart, Lane, and Alualu are rookies, Knighton has got a year of experience, and Mincey is the veteran of that lineup, with 3 years of experience.

I think it's pretty obvious that Harvey ain't coming back, and Knighton/Alualu is a new combo that's going to stick. Hart and Lane, along with Aaron Morgan are all going to be one year vets... can Kampman keep his job against younger talent after blowing out a knee?

OS OT Post Champ '11

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #16
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Some interesting tidbits from today's Ask Vic:

Quote:
Vic: From where I sit, the AFC South appears to be the weakest division in the AFC and there should be no thoughts of landing more than one playoff berth. The Colts have lost three of their last four games, the Titans have lost four in a row and the Texans have lost four of their last five games. The Jaguars are the hottest team in the division currently.
Quote:
Jeff from New York, NY

All reasonable Jags fans should be delighted with the Jags’ position right now. Let us not forget that this is a rebuilding year and with five games to go they are neck and neck with the Colts. Think back to our expectations before the year. We all would have made a deal to be in this position this late in the year.

Vic: You’re right on every count but I think this has stopped being a rebuilding year. I’m sensing development in young players and in the team in general that has the team a little ahead of schedule and allows me to move it out of the rebuilding category and into the contender category. I could be wrong about this but I’m getting a strong feeling that the finish to this season could resemble the finish to the 2007 season. It was a strong running game and an efficient quarterback that powered that December drive in ’07 and I see those same ingredients in this team now. My main concern continues to be on defense, just as it was in ’07. I’ve adjusted my expectations upward.
Saying that the team is ahead of schedule is big, I think. Could bring the breakout year to next year, instead of the year after next like I had been thinking. Until I see it, though, I'm going to keep looking at 2012 to be a big year for the Jags.

OS OT Post Champ '11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »