Home

Jacksonville Jaguars

This is a discussion on Jacksonville Jaguars within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #17
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2010 Jacksonville Jaguars

Yep, with good drafting, the Jags will be a powerhouse in 2 years. But I wouldn't have too high of playoff hopes with this weak secondary.
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights
Old 12-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #18
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't think anyone is. I'm ecstatic that we're in the hunt this late (and thanks to a down year in Indy, we have a shot to win the AFC South for the first time ever).

Next year, we'll be even better (I'm thinking a possible WC run?). But I'm getting ahead of myself. I fully expected this season to be a roughly .500 season, and even though the secondary is aggravating, it's still nice to be engaged in the season, and playing near or above expectations.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 12-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

I will say that for the 1st time I am sold on JDR as head coach. Shack Harris left this team in pretty bad shape, but JDR has taken young kids who not many people thought much of when Gene drafted them and turned the Jaguars into a winning football team.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #20
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Alright, Vic's leaving at the end of this week, and I'm sad about that, dammit.

Anyway, I was reading Ask Vic today and he had this question:

Quote:
Will from Aspen, CO
As a 20-year-old college student/Jaguars addict, can you assure me that the Jags will win a Super Bowl in my lifetime?
Vic: Yes, I can. You’ve got a lot of football to watch.
Since I'm roughly the same age as the asker, that warms my cold heart.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 02-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #21
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Since I'm thinking about it now, who would everyone want to get as the franchise QB in the draft?

I'd be quite pleased if we got Andy Dalton. Something about him makes me think he's gonna go far.

Hopefully we could get him in the 2nd round, and pick up some defense in the first round, but I know what Gene's philosophy is (BAP), so we'll just see what we get.

I'd still be pleased as punch with Andy Dalton as our QB, though.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #22
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Vic convinced me last year that this was the year to draft a QB, but now I'm having my doubts. I think Ponder might end up with the best career out of all of the prospects, but he definitely needs to be in a short passing system.

As for the Jags, they like to push the ball downfield so a guy like Mallet or Locker would probably fit best. They just have some issues to deal with. Mallet could be another Leftwich with the cannon for an arm but no mobility. I still think his potential is huge, but he can't move around the pocket. At least he doesn't have Leftwich's throwing motion.

Locker has the physical tools, but he's years away from being good. Doesn't seem to have the mental game down and that's not always something you can pick up through the years.

Gabbert would fit there too, but even though he's the best prospect this year, he's coming out of the spread system and would also need some time to develop. Probably won't last until the Jags pick either.

Dalton and Ponder are intriguing, but they defnitely seem like west coast type QBs. Not sure they fit with the Jags. Stanzi could also be a decent mid round pick.

I thought this was the year of the QB, but I'm starting to re-consider. I think Luck and Barkley will both warrant top 10 picks next year.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #23
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

From the O-Zone today:

Quote:
Andrew from St. Augustine, FL:
John, Welcome back to the Jaguars' family. From an outside perspective, what impresses you most about the Jaguars organization?

John: The answer likely will be different and more detailed in a few months, once I get a better feel for the organizational structure and the coaches and just how it all fits together. People I respect in the NFL speak highly of Gene Smith and the direction the franchise is taking in the last two seasons, and when speaking with Wayne Weaver last week, he likes the direction, too.
Hearing that other people in the inner workings of the NFL speak highly of GM Gene is a perfect thing. I'm really glad about that.

As for QB: I'm still hitching my wagon to Dalton as of right now.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #24
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote from this jaguars.com Q&A with Gene Smith:

Quote:
With most quarterbacks in the NFL, you're only going to be as good as the players around you. We've finally started to put some things around David to where he doesn't have to try to win every snap on his own. Maturity in a quarterback is knowing there are 10 other guys in the field who can help you win each snap. I think last year he clearly did some things that he can build on to enable him to do things even better next year. We should get David's best this coming year. I don't think there's any mystery that if we're able to I would like to add a quarterback through the draft.
I do think David's going to be pretty good this coming year, and I like how Gene wants to add a QB through the draft (I'd be shocked if he didn't see that as a potential weakness).

OS OT Post Champ '11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »