Home

Jacksonville Jaguars

This is a discussion on Jacksonville Jaguars within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #337
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychraider32
Just an update on today's training camp practice via the JMB.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h Alualu smokes Rackley on a spin move, Rackley redeems himself.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Monroe and Joeckel go 4-0 in pass rush drills, dominating.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

TJ Barnes is abusing Brewster in pass rush drills, pushed back Tomlin too.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Run the speed option with Robinson, Posluszny blows it up and Robinson fumbles.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Gabbert has a side sideline fade to No. 30, bobbles it and ultimately drops it.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Henne scrambles and dumps it to MoMass, then he's "sacked" and runs.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Henne goes for Mercades down the seem and gets it behind him as he turns and can't haul it in.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Henne throws a way under thrown duck, but Shorts still comes down with it.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Gabbert gets Clemons on the sideline with a pump and go

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Play action deep, Gabbert over throws a covered Miles

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Gabbert has to quickly throw it away as Deaderick blows through the line. Beat Uche.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Quick toss to Sanders on a motion right, picks up decent gain. ---->(Gabbert at QB still)

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

End around to Shipley would have been stopped for a loss by Hazel

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Gabbert hits Mike Brown deep down the sideline on a beautiful strike. Perfect throw.

Alfie Crow@AlfieBCC 1h

Much RT @Chadding_Tatum: @AlfieBCC Gabbert looking improved today?

@jpshadrick: Gabbert to shorts again. Get used to it. #jaguars

Brent Martineau@BrentAS360 1h Branch comes up slow after a play. Not getting trainer attention though.

J.P. Shadrick@jpshadrick 1h

Henne to mike brown. Great start to camp for brown #jaguars

J.P. Shadrick@jpshadrick 1h

Another drop for Denard Robinson. Work in progress. Work in progress. Work in progress. #jaguars

Gabbert completed by one count 14 of 21 passes for two touchdowns – to Shorts and Brown. Henne completed by one count 13 of 21 passes for two touchdowns – to Shorts and Otten. Rookie free agent Matt Scott completed 4 of 6 passes with a touchdown to Palmer.

Maybe i'm crazy in thinking this but I still think the rookie Matt Scott has a chance of he plays lights out in preseason.
You're crazy. This is Gabbert's job to lose, imo. The offensive coordinator already even dismissed Scott starting. He's a developmental player.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 08-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #338
Pro

psychraider32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Jacksonville Jaguars

I do think it's interesting that Matt Scott took more reps than Henne in practice today. Played well from what I hear so I wouldn't be surprised if he slowly works his way up the depth chart.

Interests and Hobbies: video games, programming, psychology, neuroscience, piano, functional strength training.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #339
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
I do think it's interesting that Matt Scott took more reps than Henne in practice today. Played well from what I hear so I wouldn't be surprised if he slowly works his way up the depth chart.
They've got to see him to decide whether they'll drop the loser of the Henne/Gabbert competition. It's not exactly en vogue for a team to keep 3 QB's these days, especially if you have a slash type like we do with Denard.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #340
Pro

psychraider32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
They've got to see him to decide whether they'll drop the loser of the Henne/Gabbert competition. It's not exactly en vogue for a team to keep 3 QB's these days, especially if you have a slash type like we do with Denard.
No disagreement there.. I am just saying I think the kid has potential and if he impresses in TC and preseason I think some time during the season if Gabbert gets hurt (wouldn't be surprised) or if he struggles then Scott could see the field. I will see I am really excited about the group of rookies we have and especially our receiving core and to think Blackmon is still yet to come back.

Interests and Hobbies: video games, programming, psychology, neuroscience, piano, functional strength training.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #341
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
No disagreement there.. I am just saying I think the kid has potential and if he impresses in TC and preseason I think some time during the season if Gabbert gets hurt (wouldn't be surprised) or if he struggles then Scott could see the field. I will see I am really excited about the group of rookies we have and especially our receiving core and to think Blackmon is still yet to come back.
Obviously if Gabbert gets hurt, he'd see time. I really doubt they're going to carry Gabbert, Henne, Scott, and Robinson all on the 53 man. So either the loser of Gabbert/Henne gets cut or Scott goes to the practice squad where another team can scoop him up.

There's no way he sees the field otherwise, however. He is a developmental player. Jedd Fisch has said as much. There's a reason the guy went undrafted. Gabbert at his worst is still going to be better than Scott at this point. Blaine completed 58% of his passes last year, and only threw 6 ints. Scott last year, in college, not the NFL, completed 60% and threw 14 ints. Granted, he threw a lot more passes, but his int rate in college was still worse than Blaine's in the NFL. Scott isn't going to be even remotely close to being a passable starter in NFL in the near future. If he ever is at all.

I'd still be shocked if Henne is the starter. Besides the game in Houston, Henne was atrocious last year. Blaine is 4 years younger and showed significant improvement last year before getting hurt. I think it'd be crazy to go with Henne, who has never had a season with more td's than ints in 5 seasons in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #342
Pro

psychraider32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Obviously if Gabbert gets hurt, he'd see time. I really doubt they're going to carry Gabbert, Henne, Scott, and Robinson all on the 53 man. So either the loser of Gabbert/Henne gets cut or Scott goes to the practice squad where another team can scoop him up.

There's no way he sees the field otherwise, however. He is a developmental player. Jedd Fisch has said as much. There's a reason the guy went undrafted. Gabbert at his worst is still going to be better than Scott at this point. Blaine completed 58% of his passes last year, and only threw 6 ints. Scott last year, in college, not the NFL, completed 60% and threw 14 ints. Granted, he threw a lot more passes, but his int rate in college was still worse than Blaine's in the NFL. Scott isn't going to be even remotely close to being a passable starter in NFL in the near future. If he ever is at all.

I'd still be shocked if Henne is the starter. Besides the game in Houston, Henne was atrocious last year. Blaine is 4 years younger and showed significant improvement last year before getting hurt. I think it'd be crazy to go with Henne, who has never had a season with more td's than ints in 5 seasons in the league.

I'd rather just keep Gabbert and Scott. I like Scott and i think he has a lot of potential with the right coaching. You never know when your gonna catch lightning in a bottle. I hope Gabbert pans out and yes he made a lot of improvement but i just don't think he has it. Hope i'm wrong though. Also Denard I doubt will be kept on as a QB.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #343
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
I'd rather just keep Gabbert and Scott. I like Scott and i think he has a lot of potential with the right coaching. You never know when your gonna catch lightning in a bottle. I hope Gabbert pans out and yes he made a lot of improvement but i just don't think he has it. Hope i'm wrong though. Also Denard I doubt will be kept on as a QB.
Yeah, but he'll be kept on. And since they did away with the third qb rule, a position player that plays a little qb is normally preferable to a 3rd full qb on the game day roster.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 08-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #344
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Henne hasn't looked good from all reports and this is with him getting most of the snaps with Gabbert hurt. I don't see any way Henne starts, if he does, the rebuilding starts again next season. Add to it that I think the middle of the OL is going to struggle with Meester, Uche, and ???, Henne won't make it through the season long.

I would cut Henne and sign him back if Gabbert went down in a game, don't think any other team would want him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »