Home

Jacksonville Jaguars

This is a discussion on Jacksonville Jaguars within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #465
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Jacksonville Jaguars

I think you're way overselling the b roster of this team, and Tom Coughlin. His first year in Jax, they were 4-12. The second year 9-7 with a talented roster. Brunell was the qb both years, and he's a 3 time pro bowler. In 96, they had Keenan McCardell (21st and 29th all time in catches and yards and a 2 time pro bowler) and Jimmy Smith (22nd and 21st in catches and yards and a 3 time pro bowler). Tony Boselli, one of the top 5 tackles of all time. The 96 team also had Leon Searcy. Also had Kevin Hardy, who would go on to be a 1st team all pro. That team had 5 or 6 players that would be the best player on this team.

As far as Blake vs Carr, at this point it's no contest. Carr is completing over 62% of his passes (Blake is under 55%) for 7.5 ypa (Blake has 6.4) and 7 td to 2 int (6 & 2 for Blake). Now, a big part of that is protection, but it's not as if Carr has had highly thought of coaches.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #466
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

4-12 was an expansion roster, it wasn't good.

9-7 roster wasn't talented yet. They had some aging vets who signed there because they didn't have many options. Smith and McCardell weren't great yet, Smith was almost out of the league. Brunell was just starting to put it together.

This roster has the same caliber of WRs, QB, LBs, better secondary. The OL isn't as good and RBs were better.

If a roster is young, you have to be very detailed in your coaching and keep drilling it into them until they get it right on the field. Gus doesn't seem to do any of that. TC was very good at that and it helped the young team gel and become a great team.

It's year 3, you can't keep everything simple because the team is still young. If the players still can't run your system, you find one they can.

Caldwell is going to have to fire Gus, otherwise his job may end up being on the hot seat.

I don't think it happens until the bye week or then at the end of the year.

If they lose to the Bucs, the fans will be gone and it may force the Jags hand.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 02:52 AM   #467
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Brunell's 96 season was the best season of his career. It's still the franchise record in passing yards. By over 700 yards. McCardell and Smith both had 1000 yard seasons. The passing game by itself made that team more talented. They're still the only 2 Jaguars to ever pass that milestone, and they started it in 96. Do you really think Hurns or Lee could be 100 yd receivers on any team? Bortles throwing for 4300 yards in his second year would be mighty impressive too.

Team is still 1-3, and I think Bradley should get the rest of the season, within reason. If they go into the bye 1-6, then you make a move. But if they win 2 of the next 3 and are 3-4, what more can you expect.

Same goes for Caldwell. It's as much on him. I think they're fates are 100% tied together.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #468
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

to me, this is a must win game

I don't think Gus gets fired if he loses the game, but I do think it seals his fate. If the Jags lose big, he could be fired right away though, but most likely during the bye week.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:46 PM   #469
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
to me, this is a must win game

I don't think Gus gets fired if he loses the game, but I do think it seals his fate. If the Jags lose big, he could be fired right away though, but most likely during the bye week.
Totally agreed.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #470
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

I don't think there can be a must win game 5 weeks in. We're gonna lose this one, but if they win the next two, they go into the bye 3-4. If they go in 2-5, I could see him getting fired. If they go in 1-6, I'd be surprised if he wasn't. But 3-4 deserves to stick around, and that's not out the window yet.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #471
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't understand how the defense is so bad.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2015, 09:48 PM   #472
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Gus isn't drinking the Gus juice any more. I think he broke himself because of his terrible coaching. He sounded defeated after the game and like he has no clue how to fix it.

He actually sounded bad and the tweets that I saw, I get the feeling he may resign or know he is getting fired. Tweets were saying he said enough is enough and stopped the positive talk.

The team needs someone to get in their face and yell, make them keep practicing until they get it right, not someone who says you'll do better next time.

The defense is terrible and I don't care about injuries, it shouldn't be that bad. Gus is supposed to be a good defensive mind, but that side of the ball is terrible.

I expect someone gets fired and/or Gus takes over the defense this week. Unless Gus just wants to ride it out, he has to make changes now.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »