Home

Official Arizona Cardinals Thread

This is a discussion on Official Arizona Cardinals Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #9
Rookie

Dagio's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Official Arizona Cardinals Thread

Well I'm going to the Panthers game this Sunday. A little worried about Newton since nobody has any regular season film on him yet.

The thing I'm most excited about this year is that we actually have a quarterback with potential. Last year with Derek Anderson, all of his wins were flukes and I knew we couldn't win with him at QB. I actually have a reason to be excited this season.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #10
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Adrian Wilson's hurt actually.

Tore his tricep right after the Lockout ended but I think he said he was going to try and play thru it this season.
No, he's back.

They cut Matt Ware who was re-called and signed to cover for him incase AW went on IR.

His injury wasn't as serve as initial reports said and he's been rehabbing since it happened.
NCAA F: Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAA B: San Diego State Aztecs
Old 09-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagio
Well I'm going to the Panthers game this Sunday. A little worried about Newton since nobody has any regular season film on him yet.

The thing I'm most excited about this year is that we actually have a quarterback with potential. Last year with Derek Anderson, all of his wins were flukes and I knew we couldn't win with him at QB. I actually have a reason to be excited this season.
He's a rookie.

He's going to make a ton of mistakes. I predict at least 3 INTs and 2 sacks.

He's no where near NFL ready and I haven't got a clue why Carolina is starting him now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trooper 458
He's a rookie.

He's going to make a ton of mistakes. I predict at least 3 INTs and 2 sacks.

He's no where near NFL ready and I haven't got a clue why Carolina is starting him now.
Because they don't expect to win much this year so more reps for the rookie makes more sense than going with Claussen.

To Daigo, Kolb is a big unknown too. To be fair, the ill advised Derek Anderson hype came on a large sample size than the Kolb hype... hell, even Cassell had more to go by. I do like Kolb better than DA (and Cassell) but he's not really a lock just yet.

With that said, I have no idea how Anderson got so many chances but I doubt he gets another as a starter. If you can't get the ball to Larry Fitzgerald then something is very, very wrong with you.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #13
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Because they don't expect to win much this year so more reps for the rookie makes more sense than going with Claussen.

To Daigo, Kolb is a big unknown too. To be fair, the ill advised Derek Anderson hype came on a large sample size than the Kolb hype... hell, even Cassell had more to go by. I do like Kolb better than DA (and Cassell) but he's not really a lock just yet.

With that said, I have no idea how Anderson got so many chances but I doubt he gets another as a starter. If you can't get the ball to Larry Fitzgerald then something is very, very wrong with you.

They better keep him in then.

It won't do if they decide to bench him in Week 2 because he threw 2 INTs and fumbled the ball on a snap.

He's got to learn and he won't do that if he's being dropped after every mistake.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

They drafted him and are planning on going into the season with just him and Jimmy Claussen. There's no danger of them pulling him for anything but an injury.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #15
Rookie

Dagio's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

I know Kolb is a big unknown, but I can see that he's at least somewhat accurate and he knows how to put touch on the ball. Derek Anderson threw everything his hardest (even screen passes) and was possibly the most inaccurate passer I've ever seen under center for the Cardinals, and I've been watching since Kent Graham was our quarterback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagio
I know Kolb is a big unknown, but I can see that he's at least somewhat accurate and he knows how to put touch on the ball. Derek Anderson threw everything his hardest (even screen passes) and was possibly the most inaccurate passer I've ever seen under center for the Cardinals, and I've been watching since Kent Graham was our quarterback.
Guess I'm just saying that comparing him to DA isn't saying much. I'd probably look good out there compared to DA. I'd compare him more to Lienart at this point. Hopefully he can be more consistent but right now it's still up in the air. At the very least I'd think he's got a better work ethic than Lienart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »