Home

Archie Manning Says that Peyton Will Not be Ready for the 2012 Season

This is a discussion on Archie Manning Says that Peyton Will Not be Ready for the 2012 Season within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
Just started!

bigtxambition's Arena

OVR: 21
Post Archie Manning Says that Peyton Will Not be Ready for the 2012 Season

Huge Breaking News for the Colts...

Sorry Colts fans. According to NFL.com, Archie Manning has reportedly said that Peyton will not be ready for Colts for the 2012 season. IF that's not a sign that he's done in Indy then I clearly don't know is. $26 Million he'll count against the cap to continue to ride the bench for another full season. Sorry Peyton, I think you're gonna get run out of town. Andrew Luck is the future for the Colts. Peyton is the obvious past. Its sad really; because I've actually grown to like Peyton. I suppose another team will be happy to sign him off the street when he's ready for a possible return in 2013. Releasing Manning would burn the Colts big time. They'd eat the signing bonus and a huge cap penalty. Either way, he career in Indy is OVER. Plain and simple. Again, sorry Colts fans. IT would be much easier on the Colts salary cap if Peyton would so kindly go ahead and retire; because it won't take a HUGE CHUNK out of the salary cap for them.

source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

I meant to put this HUGE STORY in the PRO FOOTBALL SECTION. Oh well, I guess the moderator can move it to the proper place later on this morning. Its a huge development in the now imminent retirement talks for Peyton Manning. I'm really disappointed that Manning will now likely retire at age 35.

Last edited by bigtxambition; 01-10-2012 at 04:47 AM. Reason: wrong title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Archie Manning Says that Peyton Will Not be Ready for the 2012 Season

Wrong forum and doesn't need it's own thread anyway. This could be discussed in a number of threads in the main forum.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »