Home

The official Tampa Bay Buccaneers thread; Jameis Winston/Dirk Koetter era

This is a discussion on The official Tampa Bay Buccaneers thread; Jameis Winston/Dirk Koetter era within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #57
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The official Tampa Bay Buccaneers thread; the Greg Schiano era (2012-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Wish I could like this deal for the Bucs....but I can't. I believe Revis' best years are behind him and they gave up a lot IMO. By the time the Bucs are actually a contender is he even contributing to this team? Not close, IMO, and a draft pick would have been a much better option.

Spoiler
While I agree the bucs currently aren't a contender, I'd have to disagree that they gave up a lot. The first round pick this year would've most likely been a corner who at best, would be 3/4 of what revis is in his prime. A conditional 4th rounder next year who can turn into a 3rd doesn't really have me concerned either. This years draft is 2 to 3 rounds deep in corners, so we could easily get a starter quality corner with our remaining picks.

Back to the contender point, the bucs were in many of the loses until the final drive, so we could easily have been 9-7, or 10-6 and sneaked into the playoffs. By fixing up our secondary, (which i remind you was one of the worst ever) can't hurt, and may even catapult us into a wildcard. So I give this deal a solid A, maybe even an A+. And I trust Dom's decision making enough to make sure Revis was in good condition before making this trade.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #58
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
While I agree the bucs currently aren't a contender, I'd have to disagree that they gave up a lot. The first round pick this year would've most likely been a corner who at best, would be 3/4 of what revis is in his prime. A conditional 4th rounder next year who can turn into a 3rd doesn't really have me concerned either. This years draft is 2 to 3 rounds deep in corners, so we could easily get a starter quality corner with our remaining picks.

Back to the contender point, the bucs were in many of the loses until the final drive, so we could easily have been 9-7, or 10-6 and sneaked into the playoffs. By fixing up our secondary, (which i remind you was one of the worst ever) can't hurt, and may even catapult us into a wildcard. So I give this deal a solid A, maybe even an A+. And I trust Dom's decision making enough to make sure Revis was in good condition before making this trade.
Wait...I thought it was a first if he makes the pro bowl and a 2nd if he's 2nd team pro bowl? I mean, if he's healthy and plays you can count on him being in the pro bowl (at least you hope he performs at that level) so I see this as sending two first rounders to the Jets for him. Did you see otherwise?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #59
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Wait...I thought it was a first if he makes the pro bowl and a 2nd if he's 2nd team pro bowl? I mean, if he's healthy and plays you can count on him being in the pro bowl (at least you hope he performs at that level) so I see this as sending two first rounders to the Jets for him. Did you see otherwise?
From ESPN: "The conditional pick headed to the Jets is a fourth-round selection in 2014, but could become a third-rounder if Revis is on Tampa Bay's roster on the third day of the 2014 league year, sources said."

If he is healthy, then its a third we send to the jets. If he tears another ACL, we cut him with no guaranteed money going his way for 2014, and we send the jets a 4th. Not to shabby IMO
Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
From ESPN: "The conditional pick headed to the Jets is a fourth-round selection in 2014, but could become a third-rounder if Revis is on Tampa Bay's roster on the third day of the 2014 league year, sources said."

If he is healthy, then its a third we send to the jets. If he tears another ACL, we cut him with no guaranteed money going his way for 2014, and we send the jets a 4th. Not to shabby IMO
This was made even better by the fact that Revis does not get a dime of guaranteed money in his monster contract. I have no idea how Dom was able to convince Revis, of all players, to do this but this is amazing. I have no issue with the Bucs paying the best defensive player in the game that kind of moolah as long as he is as advertised. If not, he can be cut with no financial repercussions to the organization. Just awesome!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #61
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Round 2, Pick 11 (43): Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
Round 3, Pick 11 (73): Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State
Round 4, Pick 3 (100) (from Raiders): Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois
Round 4, Pick 29 (126) (from Patriots): William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
Round 5, Pick 14 (147): Steven Means, DE, Buffalo
Round 6, Pick 21 (189) (from Vikings): Mike James, RB, Miami
What do you guys think of the draft?

I like every pick, at least the guys I know. IDK too much about Spence or Means but welcome anyone to our front seven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #62
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I think that bringing in a QB is a good thing because I am still not sold on Freeman. If he doesn't show better consistency this year, I think he is done in Tampa.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #63
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJCOreo
This was made even better by the fact that Revis does not get a dime of guaranteed money in his monster contract. I have no idea how Dom was able to convince Revis, of all players, to do this but this is amazing. I have no issue with the Bucs paying the best defensive player in the game that kind of moolah as long as he is as advertised. If not, he can be cut with no financial repercussions to the organization. Just awesome!
It is a win-win for the Bucs. The worst pass defense in the league cost them at least 4 wins last year when the Bucs were leading in the 4th quarter. If Revis is back on his game, it is actually a steal for what we gave up. If not, I think it was worth the chance.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #64
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I think that bringing in a QB is a good thing because I am still not sold on Freeman. If he doesn't show better consistency this year, I think he is done in Tampa.
Right w/ you. He reminds me of a poor man's Romo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »