Home

Lions' War Room (Established 2004)

This is a discussion on Lions' War Room (Established 2004) within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2004, 09:02 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Lions\' War Room

I don't totally disagree with Perry in the 2nd round though.... Some WR's that could be there later that I like are Wilford, Colbert, and Samie Parker. If they were to take a WR in the 2nd I would go with Jenkins, Evans, or Woods if they slip....
Old 01-29-2004, 09:55 PM   #18
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39

You know... as crazy as this sounds, considering how the past season went and all, I think the Lions should hold off on drafting a RB. Lack of quality run blocking out of both guard positions is what appears to be the root of the problem, so I don't think there will be a repeat of what happened with our running attack this past season once we get OGs in. Plus we have go get an accurate assessment of a healthy Artose Pinner-Shawn Bryson RB combo as both guys were banged up all season long. They may very well prove to be an effective enough duo to do the job.

Now a potentially complicated issue is who will be our #2 CB. Will the Lions rely on Chris Cash, Andre Goodman or Rod Babers to man that spot? Or will the team go out and get a veteran CB through free agency? There is a decent crop of FA CBs to choose from, with Fernando Bryant, Antoine Winfield, Ahmed Plummer, Charles Woodson and Shawn Springs all being available. Plummer may be the odds-on favorite to come here because of the obvious ties with Steve Mariucci, but my personal choice would be Bryant. Having Dre Bly and Fernando Bryant starting with Cash and Goodman/Babers at the nickel and dime spots would make a really nice and deep CB corps. After Bryant, I would rank Plummer and Winfield in a virtual tie. Then to a lesser extent I would rank Woodson and Springs. The jury's out on both of them with the respective injuries they have been suffering through over the last few seasons, and it's a good possibility that both of them will never be the same type of elite calibur CB they were before the injuries.

Kruza
Old 01-30-2004, 08:04 AM   #19
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Another very real factor to consider is that, most expect the Lions to be involved in the Duce Staley sweepstakes.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:22 AM   #20
T*g*r's Sw*ng - M*ck*ls*n's M*n B**bs

injunwal's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Another very real factor to consider is that, most expect the Lions to be involved in the Duce Staley sweepstakes.

I really hope that they do not get Duece. I know he would be an improvement but for how long?? I think a healthy James Stweart would do just as well. If they are going to go after a FA RB atleast try and find someone (not sure who is all available) who is not on the tail end of his career
Old 01-30-2004, 09:28 AM   #21
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Draft D and let "The Toose get Loose!!!!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #22
T*g*r's Sw*ng - M*ck*ls*n's M*n B**bs

injunwal's Arena

That is my feeling before going after Staley. They are almost the same kind of back. If they are going to get a RB if FA I would like them to go after someone with more speed for a change of pace. Pinner ran very hard at the end of the year, I really wish we could have saw him for a full 16 games.

You have to remember he was the SEC offensive player of the year his senior season. He never would have slipped to the 4th round without that injury
Old 01-30-2004, 10:29 AM   #23
All Star

jt45's Arena

I'm not really a Lions fan (nor a fan of a particular NFL team), but do you guys really think Winslow or Taylor will be available at #6? I see Washington snatching up K2 at 5 and someone trading up to get Taylor before 6. I could even see San Diego and Arizona flip-flopping and San Diego taking him at 3 in Arizona's place. I don't know. I just don't think Taylor will last that long.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:51 AM   #24
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:

jt45 said:
I'm not really a Lions fan (nor a fan of a particular NFL team), but do you guys really think Winslow or Taylor will be available at #6? I see Washington snatching up K2 at 5 and someone trading up to get Taylor before 6. I could even see San Diego and Arizona flip-flopping and San Diego taking him at 3 in Arizona's place. I don't know. I just don't think Taylor will last that long.

Hey...if they are gone, someone has to slip.

Lions would take Robert Gallery and convert Jeff Backus to guard.

If Roethlisberger is around, the Lions would be happy to trade out.

There is always Kevin Jones or Stephen Jackson.

Even a WR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »