Home

Lions' War Room (Established 2004)

This is a discussion on Lions' War Room (Established 2004) within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2020, 11:26 PM   #2489
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Lions' War Room (Established 2004)

I'm hoping the Lions move down in the draft. I'm sure there will be at least one team that wants to hop Miami for Tua. Chargers at 6 and Panthers at 7 make sense, as do Oakland at 12 and Indianapolis at 13 due to their extra draft capital.

As far as next season, if the team isn't a playoff contender, I think they should fumigate the front office. I don't think Bob Quinn has done a bad job per say, but I don't think it's been good enough for him to survive another lousy season.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #2490
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Lions offseason has been... strange. My thoughts:

OL- Vaitai seems like a marginal upgrade over Decker. The problem is, we lost Glasgow, which more than negates and upgrade at RT.

LB- Jamie Collins is a nice add, significant improvement over Devon Kennard.

DL- A'shawn Robinson wasn't good last year. Shelton and Williams are both upgrades here. The big issue is that the Lions haven't addressed lack of pass rush.

CB/S- Jayron Kearse is a nice value add. Duron Harmon is fine too, it just feels like we traded Diggs away for him, which at best is a lateral move. Tony McRae is a depth guy. I thought Trufant would be a nice #2 CB next to Slay, but I think he might be out of his depth at #1 CB. Speaking of which, I know the Lions' leverage with Slay was low, but they could have kept him and let him leave and get a compensatory pick in the 3rd round. A 3rd and 5th is too light. If the Lions draft Okudah, then overall there is a marginal upgrade in the secondary. However, if Detroit likes Simmons more or if the Redskins go off the reservation and pass on Chase Young, then there is a big hole at CB.

Overall, this feels more like a shuffling of the deck more than strict improvements. The defense should be better and the lockeroom more in alignment with Patricia, but there are still holes and no clear path to filling them.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:40 PM   #2491
All Star

OVR: 13

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ns/3241568001/

So, in short, the team is still owned by the Ford family and will be for the foreseeable future (and beyond). Yet another bad news day for the ol' Lions....

“We’ve been approached about interest in buying the team, but there’s been no serious discussions and the Ford Family plans to own the team and there's (succession) plans in place," Wood said.

I love that they seem to think this is a good thing. Morons. The Lions will never win anything of consequence as long as anyone named Ford is associated with the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2020, 02:06 AM   #2492
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ns/3241568001/

So, in short, the team is still owned by the Ford family and will be for the foreseeable future (and beyond). Yet another bad news day for the ol' Lions....

“We’ve been approached about interest in buying the team, but there’s been no serious discussions and the Ford Family plans to own the team and there's (succession) plans in place," Wood said.

I love that they seem to think this is a good thing. Morons. The Lions will never win anything of consequence as long as anyone named Ford is associated with the team.
I've actually taken a new approach, rooting for the Lions to fail. It's been working out pretty well lately

(and by lately I mean forever)
Old 09-18-2020, 02:34 PM   #2493
Just started!

OVR: 0

Lions suck, but they beat GB this week!
Old 01-27-2021, 06:06 PM   #2494
All Star

No reason to pay attention to the Lions for the foreseeable future. New regime (who, I hope, are renting and not buying in metro Detroit) who will basically do what every prior regime did under the Fords, which is lose a whole lot of games. With Stafford now confirmed to be on his way out, we'll enter yet another rebuild, although we've been rebuilding for 50 straight years now.

Detroit sports are in such a bad way right now. It'll be 5-7 years before any of the teams is a legitimate contender in any of the major sports. On top of the last decade of total futility, this might be one of the worst eras ever for Detroit professional sports.

I guess at least Pizza Hut is selling Detroit-style pizzas now, so there's that (if you don't live in Southeastern Michigan and have access to the real deal...).
Old 01-27-2021, 08:23 PM   #2495
All Star

rdnk's Arena

I think the Wings and Tigers will be contenders in less than 5 years, much of the work is already done there. I have more faith in Yzerman than Avila, but the Tigers have a better farm system relative to their league.

Pistons and Lions, that sounds about right.

As far as Stafford and the Lions, although I'm disappointed, it's the right move for both parties. Patricia did irreparable damage to the roster dumping talent to bring in "his" guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2021, 11:01 PM   #2496
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
I think the Wings and Tigers will be contenders in less than 5 years, much of the work is already done there. I have more faith in Yzerman than Avila, but the Tigers have a better farm system relative to their league.

Pistons and Lions, that sounds about right.

As far as Stafford and the Lions, although I'm disappointed, it's the right move for both parties. Patricia did irreparable damage to the roster dumping talent to bring in "his" guys.
I hope you're right about the Wings and Tigers. I do trust Yzerman but it's a process...

Patricia acted like a kid trying to pretend he was Bill Belichick from day 1, and as it turns out, that's all he ever was. He copied all the surly mannerisms, coach-speakisms, slogans, and contempt for press conferences, but he was missing the essential ingredients, which were a deep and thorough understanding of football at every level and an unquenchable thirst to do anything and everything necessary to win football games.

Ditto for our moron GM Quinn who figured he could just bring in anyone off the street and win football games, like they did in New England. I will never forget Quinn's reasoning for firing Jim Caldwell: "This is not a 9-7 team". He was right: it was actually a 6-10 team, which he turned into a 3-12-1 team, and then a 5-11 team. Brilliant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »