Home

2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (PS3) (snowdrift)

This is a discussion on 2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (PS3) (snowdrift) within the NHL 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: 2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (PS3) (snowdrift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elever
You can't play a 31 team season with these right?
Nope. Impossible. THose of us that play these just cut out the team we like the least or in my case, I take the team least likely to have any major impact on the season.
Quote:
I'm curious what the earliest version of the improved 2k8 rosters were.
For this particular kind of roster you'd have to have access to what people were editing 10 years ago. Old 2K content is hard to find, basically it doesn't exist if it's not on our harddrives, those of us in this forum.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:39 AM   #138
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

OVR: 0

With my free time at an all-time low since summer started, I still have 9 teams to update for my 2019 rosters, and haven't made any transactions since July 1st. But I'll release whatever I have on opening night, and whatever is missing should definitely be fixed through updates in the first days/weeks of the season.

Quote:
I'm curious what the earliest version of the improved 2k8 rosters were. For example, is there an end-of-2008-09 season roster which has all the original 2k8 players in it without needing any custom faces or anything?
Well, there are some old 2K8 rosters up to at least 2011 in the Roster Vault thread.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:49 AM   #139
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Am I the only one who thinks that one of the few effective methods of scoring in this game is on rebounds? feels like my wristshots always get stopped and my slapshots always go wide...
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers (since 2004)
MLB - New York Yankees (since 2004)
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans (since 2004)
XFL - Seattle Dragons (since 2019)
Old 09-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #140
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
Am I the only one who thinks that one of the few effective methods of scoring in this game is on rebounds?
Yeah, it can be frustrating. Some ideas: dial down the goalie sliders, increase the Shot Accuracy slider on the Human side. Set Shot Aiming to Manual. Make sure you're setting up your snipers when possible.

Also, are you playing to each player's strengths? (I mean, Anders Lee should be in front of the net and Eberle should be taking the shots from farther out. Giroux or Patrick should be skating the puck up the ice, not Jori Lehtera!)

I do remember getting out of a major scoring drought one season by committing to not shoot mindlessly and actually think and make plays. Watching what the goalie is doing and looking for holes in defensive coverage can help a lot. But of course, the game has flaws, and unfortunately a few of them are glaring.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:45 AM   #141
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift
Yeah, it can be frustrating. Some ideas: dial down the goalie sliders, increase the Shot Accuracy slider on the Human side. Set Shot Aiming to Manual. Make sure you're setting up your snipers when possible.

Also, are you playing to each player's strengths? (I mean, Anders Lee should be in front of the net and Eberle should be taking the shots from farther out. Giroux or Patrick should be skating the puck up the ice, not Jori Lehtera!)

I do remember getting out of a major scoring drought one season by committing to not shoot mindlessly and actually think and make plays. Watching what the goalie is doing and looking for holes in defensive coverage can help a lot. But of course, the game has flaws, and unfortunately a few of them are glaring.
Manual aiming is a MUST in ANY 2K hockey game, not a fan of how 2K8 wants you to use the right stick when aiming though, left stick feels more natural.

I never really thought about playing to players' strengths when I play 2K, maybe I should.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers (since 2004)
MLB - New York Yankees (since 2004)
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans (since 2004)
XFL - Seattle Dragons (since 2019)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters »