Home

2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (PS3) (snowdrift)

This is a discussion on 2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (PS3) (snowdrift) within the NHL 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 07:23 PM   #25
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (PS3) (snowdrift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by molifox
more updates cooming with new players?
Yes, I have a list of players to add (Rutta, Heinen, etc.). Just have to find the time for it. I wouldn't mind knowing what teams you guys use so I could focus a bit more on the ones people are actually playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I feel like there was a daily schedule that listed the games in order?
2K10 has that; I don't think 2K8 does. I know it's weird. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 07:42 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift
2K10 has that; I don't think 2K8 does. I know it's weird. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I'll be getting my 2K8 in the mail in 2 days. Once I load it up I'll let you know. How complete is your first roster set?
Old 02-06-2018, 08:48 PM   #27
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
How complete is your first roster set?
This is not really my first set (if I'm understanding your question). I released rosters last year too. Anyway, the current roster is pretty much complete. The players missing are mostly rookies. Don't forget that you can check it for yourself in the editor while you wait for the game to arrive.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:11 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift
This is not really my first set (if I'm understanding your question).
Sorry, got spun around a bit with the different threads. Totally misread two threads and put them together in my head. Never mind. Obviously, the first post says clearly how far ahead your rosters are. But, yeah, didn't occur to me that I could load up your roster with your editor. I'll have a look. Sorry for the confusion. Brain fart.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:45 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'll be getting my 2K8 in the mail in 2 days. Once I load it up I'll let you know. How complete is your first roster set?
2K10 you can play all the games of the season sure. 2K8 only one game per day, if you find any solution say me. But i think itīs impossible in this game :-(
Old 02-07-2018, 09:57 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by molifox
2K10 you can play all the games of the season sure. 2K8 only one game per day, if you find any solution say me. But i think itīs impossible in this game :-(
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Do you mean that if you have control of all the teams and then you play one game, the game won't let you play another on the same day, it automatically jumps to the next day in the schedule?

I don't remember this being an issue but I also only ever played Season mode with one team even if I had 30-team control so I wouldn't have cared if it went to the next day. Well, I'll try it. Could there be a setting to "not advance" or something after each match?

Last edited by tinpanalley; 02-07-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes!! Exactly. This is the problem. I don't see any option at the final of the Game. If you find this option, say me please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #32
MVP

Well, I received the game early. I forgot I had ordered the PS3 version. I don't know why I picked that instead of 360. I guess, easier to move saves, easier to set custom music. Anyway...
I haven't had a chance to look at the season/franchise thing yet.
I played one game with just some default rosters (maybe I can get the sliders off my 360 from when I had the game) and I can't believe, honestly, how good this game is. I think, just initial impression, that I might like it more than 2K10. There's a flow that is nicer just on the regular simulation settings. For me 2K vs EA is like PES vs FIFA, it may not be as polished, but I feel like I'm playing an infinitely deeper experience when playing 2K (or PES). Just incredible gameplay. I'm so glad you did rosters for this snowdrift. Can't wait to try them.
So how is 2K8 particularly good for editing? Something make it more interesting than 2K10 or other versions? Or is it that it's the best combination of gameplay and classic teams that also lets you make new teams?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters »