Home

2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (PS3) (snowdrift)

This is a discussion on 2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (PS3) (snowdrift) within the NHL 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: 2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (PS3) (snowdrift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by molifox
I have looked all the rosters teams based at web Eliteprospects and this is the total players missing...
That's really not bad at all. That's amazing work to have missed so few players, snowdrift.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
That's really not bad at all. That's amazing work to have missed so few players, snowdrift.
Very true!!! Many teams are absolutely perfect on their rosters.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #91
MVP

I'll try this again, but I started a season, 30 team control, Detroit, Nashville, Dallas, Vegas, and Winnipeg all created and placed in the league, played the first game as Toronto against Ottawa and after the game was over, I got a crash on clicking Exit back to the main menu. Could have been a one off thing, but just mentioning it. It was a really long game so I'm not gonna try today but maybe tomorrow.

UPDATE: Played the game again tonight (suspense was killing me) and no problem. Could have been a one off thing but I didn't change anything. I hope it has nothing to do with going to shootouts which is what had happened when it froze.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 02-20-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #92
Rookie

Trade Deadline Day today!! Any updates soon on the Rosters?
Tomorrow i have a vacation day on work. I could make a quickly update on the rosters with all the last trades and moves.
What do you think? 😉
Old 02-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #93
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by molifox
Trade Deadline Day today!! Any updates soon on the Rosters?
Definitely. I've been keeping up with the trades, and created a few new players over the weekend. I've just been waiting for the deadline to pass to release the roster. I guess the next update will be tonight or tomorrow night.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:53 PM   #94
Rookie

You are a magician Snowdrift for your editor and your Rosters. Very illusioned with help you in this project for more updates in the future.This season and the next and many more i´ll expect. Other NHL games don´t interest for me at this point.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #95
MVP

I had a game today with some old TSOLEliot sliders that looked completely ridiculous but actually they played the best game of 2K8 I'd ever had with these rosters.
Consequently, I meant to ask you guys, what sliders do you guys use when playing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #96
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I meant to ask you guys, what sliders do you guys use when playing?
Periods about 8-minutes (usually realistic shot totals); All-Star if using semi-manual player lock, Pro if full lock. Hall-of-famer on and off.

Shift length: Recovery about 5-15, fatigue time 80-99, or else fourth lines are never played.

Shot blocking: at 85 or higher, I see shots getting blocked by a player’s “aura” when no part of his body is in front of the puck. I keep it to 80 or lower (depends how defensive you like your hockey).

Defense: To help with defensemen that look braindead / stuck in mud in the offensive zone, and to help limit odd-man rushes, I'm trying more Ice Friction (helps the D turn and get back faster) and lower Speed Burst (increase Game Speed to keep things fast).

Goalie Freeze Puck Time: 0-5. Any higher is unrealistic and goalies try forcing dangerous passes through.

PK: I always have a slider set for the PK where my goalie is weak and the CPU attack is very high. Makes killing penalties tougher.

I've tried simulating momentum by changing slider sets during a game to give the leading team an advantage. I had my most memorable playoffs doing this: took a mediocre Islanders team on an unlikely run, only to get embarrassed by Montreal in the semi-finals. They had traded for Shane Doan, and he had something like 7 goals against me in that one series.

Don't forget that you can also experiment with global attribute edits using the editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters »