Home

2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (360)

This is a discussion on 2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (360) within the NHL 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (360)

NHL 2K8 2017-2018 Snowdrift Roster (360)

This is a version of snowdrift's PS3 roster for NHL 2K8, dated February 18, 2018.

After a great deal of testing which even involved snowdrift creating a fantastic new editor for NHL 2K8, he helped me figure out what needed to be done to "transfer" one of his PS3 saves to 360 without the problem of equipment all changing to bright blue. There are lots of steps in between and I invite you to head to that thread if you want more info.

This then is the February 16 roster he released modified with his tool to work for 360. Additional notes and changes to the PS3 roster:
1. The teams I created are slightly different (Dallas, Detroit, Nashville, Vegas, and Winnipeg) and were chosen based on several shuffles I played with to end up with teams as close to today's NHL conference spread as possible for myself when starting a season. You can put the players back on the original 2K stock teams if you wish, but this was also done as an attempt to update the uniforms from 2007-08. Following snowdrift's directions below, you can move whatever team you want in and out of created teams as you see fit or make different created teams.

2. The teams and scoring lines are set as of mid-February and trade deadline moves are not represented.

3. As pertains to the created teams and their uniforms, I obtained the official uniform colours and used the RGB values to reproduce them in the game. Obviously none of the designs are exactly as in real life, but I did my best to pick from the 5 uniform designs available to mimic the real life uniforms.

4. Fredrik Andersen (TOR) has had his name changed so the play by play refers to him properly. To me the name being misspelled is a small price to pay to hear his name called but that's because I play an entire season with the Leafs. Feel freeto change it back to the correct spelling if it suits you better.
Instructions to move players to or from different teams
Transfer them using the editor, or manually, like this:
1. TRADE its players to any other team.
2. CUT them from there (to free agency).
3. SIGN them as free agents to the created team.

Thanks to Snowdrift not only for this thoroughly well made roster but also for the editor which has breathed new life into 2K8 and prolonged its ability to be a playable game for years to come. This tool is definitely in the class of editors we still have several years later for the PC NHL Series, NFL2K5 and other games.

Please do not share modifications of this roster without permission from snowdrift or me. This is not about protecting anyone's work and being selfish. It's simply that in my opinion, the fewer badly edited files out there that cause crashes the better. Other sports games rosters are scattered with badly made ones that crash from not being tested enough. Let's all help minimise this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2K8 360 02-2018.zip (243.9 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by tinpanalley; 04-09-2018 at 02:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 2017-2018 ROSTER - NHL 2K8 (360)

Trade Deadline 2018 (molifox update)

Update to include trade deadline deals and some missing players, courtesy of molifox. He updated the first 360 file that was posted earlier. My only contribution to this is to have gone through the process of testing and transferring to 360 from snowdrift's roster to make it available for 360 without equipment colour problems. I also added the created team uniforms and their colours.

Thanks to molifox for the work of updating the file.

Notes:
- Lines are only correct to the start of the playoffs for 2018 NHL Playoff teams. All other teams have lines filled by snowdrift's editor so they don't cause problems when playing a season but they are not accurate.

Please do not share modifications of this roster without permission from snowdrift or me. This is not about protecting anyone's work and being selfish. It's simply that the fewer badly edited files out there that cause crashes the better. Other sports games rosters are scattered with badly made ones that crash from not being tested enough. Let's all help minimise this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2K8 360 04-2018.zip (247.7 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by tinpanalley; 04-15-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
MVP

-- reserved for future use --
Old 05-01-2018, 08:49 AM   #4
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1

So If I'm understanding correctly, I need a pre-existing roster save to mount in Horizon?

Thanks for these rosters! Ten, almost eleven years on & this game still hasn't been topped. Scoring goals actually feels like an accomplishment
Old 05-02-2018, 07:44 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy11826
So If I'm understanding correctly, I need a pre-existing roster save to mount in Horizon?
Thanks for these rosters! Ten, almost eleven years on & this game still hasn't been topped. Scoring goals actually feels like an accomplishment
Yes, because it's easier to inject this (replace) into an existing save. I couldn't have offered this for 360 without snowdrift doing all the roster work and guiding me along the way to doing the conversions from PS3 using his editor, testing things for him on the 360 which he doesn't have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 09:43 AM   #6
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Yes, because it's easier to inject this (replace) into an existing save. I couldn't have offered this for 360 without snowdrift doing all the roster work and guiding me along the way to doing the conversions from PS3 using his editor, testing things for him on the 360 which he doesn't have.

Alright, I got them to work. Only problem is that I can't seem to find Travis Sanheim on the Flyers. He's not on the Flyers or Phantoms roster
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy11826
Alright, I got them to work. Only problem is that I can't seem to find Travis Sanheim on the Flyers. He's not on the Flyers or Phantoms roster
That's because I only took a February from snowdrift, then had it updated to reflect trade deadline deals by molifox. HOnestly your best bet is to get the editor, get snowdrift's newest roster and then create a new player in your roster copying in his characteristics. Otherwise, getting this newest most up to date roster from snowdrift from PS3 to 360 involves the whole process I went through and I don't plan on doing that again until next season, if snowdrift is around to do a start of season roster for 2018-19. It's more work than I think is worth it right now.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey fellas. I need a little help with 2K8 rosters (snowdrift's) using Horizon. I dl'ed Horizon, dl'ed latest roster. Formatted USB in 360, saved a profile and roster to hard drive then moved the profile to the usb. Then went into Horizon under Tools and Package Manager. Somehow got my profile pic in lower left hand corner (that was tricky), then I go to open and try to put new roster in but it says "invalid signature type detected for the loaded package. Please make sure the file is a valid xbox 360 xcontent package (Live PIRS CON)"

So, what did I do wrong or miss?

Thanks, guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters »