Home

Does anyone know what happened to the content from 2khockey.net?

This is a discussion on Does anyone know what happened to the content from 2khockey.net? within the NHL 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 02:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does anyone know what happened to the content from 2khockey.net?

2khockey.net has been down for around five years now, and we are all sad about still i'm sure. What I would like to know is, does anyone know what happened to all of the sweet content on the site? the music bumpers, tracks, roster updates and goal horns that were all there can't be found anywhere. The only thing I still have from that site is a full spreadsheet of the rosters from 2k7, which has been a godsend to have. Would anyone have any info on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Does anyone know what happened to the content from 2khockey.net?

That content is gone. The only hope you would have is someone having saved all the files at some point. I've asked around on every major NHL gaming site and the stuff is gone. The people who were around and made a lot of that content are unreachable or have moved on. There is a very very decent group of people here updating several NHL2K games. To be honest I don't miss any of the old content. The stadium music is all out of date now and recreatable anyway, the rosters are all from ten years ago, none of the tools could ever really mod the game anyway the way you could with the PC NHL series, there isn't that much that is missing if you're practical about it.

That community was great for the time and at its time but very little of what was there would serve much purpose today anyway. If it's rosters you're looking for, I'd seriously look at what the people here are doing with the 2K series. But feel free to post links here if you find anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters »