Home

NHL 2K10 PS2 UPDATED

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 PS2 UPDATED within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2023, 10:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NHL 2K10 PS2 UPDATED

I'm making an updated version of the game because it's so Easy to Edit The Roster And the Textures But I don't know how to edit the audio because I want to update it but tell me if you know how to do it and if you want to help

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 2K10 PS2 UPDATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlanrays2022
I'm making an updated version of the game
As far as anyone here will be able to tell you -- I am almost 100% certain -- modding the audio isn't going to happen unless you find a way to take apart the game yourself in some way that nobody else before has. Given that no 2K games from that era have ever had audio modded at all (to my knowledge) I would expect it simply isn't possible or hasn't been ever explored. I know a couple of people over the past 10 years here and in other communities who were technically capable of doing this kind of work and said it was complicated to the point of being impossible and not worth it. Also, most of us here are perfectly happy with just up to date rosters. If you've figured out how to edit textures then all the better.
The "worth it" factor is another thing to consider. Because I would say, honestly, that you will find very few people, I'm talking maybe a few handfuls of people at best who will bother playing 2K10 on PS2. You could get really large numbers of people intersted in a 2K5 mod. But not 2K10. But feel free to do what you like, of course. There's just certain games that get attention in this community and 2K10 for PS2 isn't one of them. Others here can chime in but I don't think their views would be much different than mine.
Old 11-03-2023, 12:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
As far as anyone here will be able to tell you -- I am almost 100% certain -- modding the audio isn't going to happen unless you find a way to take apart the game yourself in some way that nobody else before has. Given that no 2K games from that era have ever had audio modded at all (to my knowledge) I would expect it simply isn't possible or hasn't been ever explored. I know a couple of people over the past 10 years here and in other communities who were technically capable of doing this kind of work and said it was complicated to the point of being impossible and not worth it.
The "worth it" factor is another thing to consider. Because I would say, honestly, that you will find very few people, I'm talking maybe a few handfuls of people at best who will bother playing 2K10 on PS2. You could get really large numbers of people intersted in a 2K5 mod. But not 2K10. But feel free to do what you like, of course. There's just certain games that get attention in this community and 2K10 for PS2 isn't one of them. Others here can chime in but I don't think their views would be much different than mine.

I actually tried my hand at 2K10 on the PS2 in the past. One thing to note is that the Jets will need to be a custom team, as I tried hex-editing the save to change the team names and arena names, but I was told that there’s a checksum in place that checks to see if the save has been modified, and if it has, the save will never load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2023, 03:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Honestly I thinking about it but I'm not going to try to so I'm just going to leave it

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2024, 09:20 AM   #5
Rookie

Audio modding would be done via injecting files/scripts etc or decompiling and reverse engineering the game but tasks would take months or years depending on skills, experience and time. Some emulators can already replace textures maybe this will happen for audio one day.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »