Home

NHL 2K10 Video Preview (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Video Preview (Gamespot) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 03:29 AM   #41
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Gamespot Video Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
This is what I mean by too much info too soon. I don't want to see things like this 2 months in advance. It's just too long to wait. We're a month and a week from release and I think that's too far away for even this information, but they don't have to sell the game to me and you. It's the fence sitters that need to be attracted to this gem of a hockey game.
I was sitting on the fence. With this video 2k Sports took out their BB gun and knocked me right off the fence, in a good way. Looking forward to hopefully hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup with the Blackhawks in 2k10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 05:13 AM   #42
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 2K10 Video Preview (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaowns2k
have you seen EA NHL 10 its 50000000 times better than 2k it has the EASHL be a pro cool unlockables with new gear this year
Matter of opinion bro. Yeah, NHL10 is going to be a great game, but there is nothing wrong with those of us that feel the same way about 2K10. Many of us will probably end up with both on. It's obvious by your user name where you stand, so keep to the EA forums if you can't be objective and or constructive.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:57 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 12

This game looks pretty good. I love the arenas and the intro. Stumble shots sounds good as well. NHL10 is a must buy for me, but I'll also be keeping a keen eye on this game.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #44
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Gamespot Video Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
This is what I mean by too much info too soon. I don't want to see things like this 2 months in advance. It's just too long to wait. We're a month and a week from release and I think that's too far away for even this information, but they don't have to sell the game to me and you. It's the fence sitters that need to be attracted to this gem of a hockey game.
You are right Eddie!!! I am a fence sitter....Finally some info after I was in the other thread pissed off because I thought gamespot would have something today... Well they did turns out around 8pm EST...

I can't believe how nice those arenas look... I want to see some raw game footage though. But this is definately a good start. I just hope we get more info next week. I am curious about the announcers and how they will perform
Old 08-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Did anyone else notice something small (but awesome) in the franchise portion of the video?
When the user is scrolling through a number of available players, look at the top where the position is listed. In a few of them you see "RW/LW", "RW/LW", etc.

So does this mean that 2K10 will be the first hockey game to actually have multiple positions for certain players? Awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #46
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Did anyone else notice something small (but awesome) in the franchise portion of the video?
When the user is scrolling through a number of available players, look at the top where the position is listed. In a few of them you see "RW/LW", "RW/LW", etc.

So does this mean that 2K10 will be the first hockey game to actually have multiple positions for certain players? Awesome!
Didn't notice that but I went back and looked, that is awesome.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #47
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

That was just a very good video in all. This is the first time we've really had an overwhelmingly positive thread for this game... ever!

I really think this game could be something great this year. Despite all the marketing BS ("multiplayer party mode" type stuff), I think this game is going to be very solid at its core. Definitely pumped for the game after this video.

I really like that line change window showing the guy hitting the ice. I think that's a great little presentation thing. But I do have to agree, it's going to get in the way. Heck, the little line change menu has gotten in my way before, now it's going to be a huge box. It'd be great if it was a "smart box" and popped up as far away from where the puck is as possible. But it's great to know it will be optional. Thank you to Shadow for that nugget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 08-08-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #48
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Great video...AI looks improved from what was show in the video. While the pop-up screen is a nice touch, hopefully it can be toggled on on/off as it would be distracting for me.

2k10 looks to be coming along nicely...I hope more videos like this are coming!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »