Home

2K Sports Will Not Release NHL 2K12

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Will Not Release NHL 2K12 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #41
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
NHL2K has been a product that's been suffering for quite some time now, so best to put it to rest, especially if it's not making much in the sales department. Maybe now without programmers & such working on the NHL series they can get their stuff together and actually make another 2K football game. We've seen the amazing output 2K can do with the NBA series and even that of NFL2K series if they pull out all the stops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #42
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: 2K Sports Will Not Release NHL 2K12

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
NHL2K has been a product that's been suffering for quite some time now, so best to put it to rest, especially if it's not making much in the sales department. Maybe now without programmers & such working on the NHL series they can get their stuff together and actually make another 2K football game. We've seen the amazing output 2K can do with the NBA series and even that of NFL2K series if they pull out all the stops.
Thing is, they need the NFL license in order to make an NFL game. As long as EA keeps working out deals to extend the exclusive with the NFL, it isn't happening.

The hockey series showed signs of improving with 2K8, only to have its developers at the time (Kush Games) disband. They made a mistake by ever releasing 2K9, but 2K10 was definately on the right track. The problem was VC wasn't able to do enough in such a short time to possibly draw enough people from EA's well established game. Basically, Kush did too little too late before it quit development of the series in mid cycle. The game should have never been ported to the 360/PS3 to begin with. They should have taken the time as EA did to rebuild the game. VC was trying, but again, didn't have the time or resources to possibly overtake EA.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #43
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Sad. I haven't been able to stand EA's game the last 2 years so was hoping for an option. Console Ice Breaker maybe? 2K did have quite a bit of work to do. I never tried 10 with the patch. Guess I should.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 31
Saw this coming about 4 years ago. Hate to say I told you so but I told you so.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:35 AM   #45
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

How the heck does Realm get thanks for rubbin' it in? Most anyone associated with 2K Hockey knew the end was coming after 2K8, which got shafted for no good reason, but especially after 2K9. There was hope after 2K10, but not much. It was mainly everyone praying for a miracle. Hoping for a second chance like what happened after the series debut. So Realm you didn't tell us anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
How the heck does Realm get thanks for rubbin' it in? Most anyone associated with 2K Hockey knew the end was coming after 2K8, which got shafted for no good reason, but especially after 2K9. There was hope after 2K10, but not much. It was mainly everyone praying for a miracle. Hoping for a second chance like what happened after the series debut. So Realm you didn't tell us anything.
Heh All I'm gonna say, where are the venoms and pengmans now?
Old 05-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #47

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Let's just drop it. No need to gloat about knowing what most of us already did.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #48
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

whoever didnt see this coming honestly just wasn't paying attention. Company in terms of their hockey game has been garbage at best for quite a while now and dropped the ball a few years ago with it's fanbase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »