Home

NHL 2K10 BEST HOCKEY SIM EVER..

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 BEST HOCKEY SIM EVER.. within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2017, 10:56 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 2K10 BEST HOCKEY SIM EVER..

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
just rosters and good game play is all I need.
Tell me about it. But being able to play a season with 31 teams would be perfect. Shame it can't be done. What ever happened to the guy that was gonna update the Wii version? Did that ever happen?

Just watching 2K gameplay videos on Youtube reminded me of back when I used to frequent one of the sites, don't remember the name... 2KHockey.net or something and spent days one year trying to perfect the sliders through several tests. Finally got it down perfect and we had incredible rosters too. Amazing memories playing that game, I think it was 2K7.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 10-30-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2017, 04:44 AM   #26
Rookie

austrianredwing's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogo.on.the.go
Does anyone know where I can find Venom's hardcore v3 sliders?

Here you go:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...0-sliders.html

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-01-2017, 04:38 AM   #27
Rookie

Zobitembois's Arena

OVR: 2

I just want to play 2k10 but I can't get my head around why modio and horizon are considering this roster file to be an invalid package.

I just extracted one roster file coming from my 2k10 game and modio and horizon are telling me it's an invalid package too.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #28
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just played 2 games. The magic is back. The game is dirty sloppy and mean. Playing against Crosby and Malkin was a nightmare! Now this is good old hockey.

Gotta get a few more games in to tweak the sliders. I didn't feel cheated once. Some of the old issues are there with the skating and guys getting locked up and whatnot, but I can deal with that.

Thank for this roster update. Really great stuff! I see an online coop franchise upcoming!

Also, to note. That all teams are compliant to the 23/23 NHL Total roster. As long as that first number is even or lower you "shouldn't" crash if trying to play online. If you see any 24/23 is when you'll crash as it happens during the course of the season. As of now, this roster is online ready!

GET COOP'N BOYS!

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 11-01-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #29
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just played 2 games. The magic is back. The game is dirty sloppy and mean. Playing against Crosby and Malkin was a nightmare! Now this is good old hockey.

Gotta get a few more games in to tweak the sliders. I didn't feel cheated once. Some of the old issues are there with the skating and guys getting locked up and whatnot, but I can deal with that.

Thank for this roster update. Really great stuff! I see an online coop franchise upcoming!

Also, to note. That all teams are compliant to the 23/23 NHL Total roster. As long as that first number is even or lower you "shouldn't" crash if trying to play online. If you see any 24/23 is when you'll crash as it happens during the course of the season. As of now, this roster is online ready!

GET COOP'N BOYS!
Good review.... can't you summarize how to play online again please? I assume that starts with an XBox Live account.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #30
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Good review.... can't you summarize how to play online again please? I assume that starts with an XBox Live account.
Yes, Xbox Live account is needed. Other than that the way I used to do it for best results was to:
  1. Load the game
  2. Not let it go to demo mode, then you'll have the wrong controls
  3. Go directly to the franchise mode and load it up.
  4. Invite friend (friend should go to Main Menu, and leave the right stick overlay menu up so he doesn't go demo mode and wait for invite)
  5. Once invite is received, join game and start.
  6. Playing a second game, as long as the host doesn't leave franchise, and the other user doesn't go to demo, should be able to just invite and again join.

Also, be sure as noted above, that all teams are 23/23 or under. I control all teams to manage that during a season or if you choose not to control all teams you may have to sim by those games if you plan to play them online

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 11-01-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #31
Rookie

GreenLightning's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobitembois
I just want to play 2k10 but I can't get my head around why modio and horizon are considering this roster file to be an invalid package.

I just extracted one roster file coming from my 2k10 game and modio and horizon are telling me it's an invalid package too.
Won't work for me either. Unrar the roster dropped in onto the active desktop opened Horizon dragged the unzipped roster into Horizon invalid package..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #32
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLightning
Won't work for me either. Unrar the roster dropped in onto the active desktop opened Horizon dragged the unzipped roster into Horizon invalid package..
The original file is a .con I think even though it says .ros. What you have to do is open a save on Horizon. Then click on the contents and it will open to a new screen and show you the content file.

Right click on that and hit replace. Then navigate to the operation sports roster you downloaded, replace it. Then save it back to the flash drive.

That is how I did it. See if that helps

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »