Home

NHL 2K10 PS2 2018 Rosters Coming

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 PS2 2018 Rosters Coming within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2018, 09:52 PM   #65
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 2K10 PS2 2018 Rosters Coming

No promises because of planning but I haven't given up fully, if you check the first post you'll notice I finished the 1991 North Stars recently.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers (since 2004)
MLB - New York Yankees (since 2004)
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans (since 2004)
XFL - Seattle Dragons (since 2019)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #66
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

What I noticed as I went through an experimental roster trying to cut down on the excessive CPU shooting that the other versions suffer from, that a lot of the players have similar ratings. I'm not slighting it as I can't imagine trying to do individual attributes for all of these players. Clearly the game has needed an editor since its release as some global edits would probably do for certain categories like "clutch".

By the way, the experiment so far is okay to try to make the game looser. This version also experiences the faceoff circle excessive shooting whereby the CPU players look to fire away from those zones regardless of what's in front of them. That may be hard-coded.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #67
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Can somebody check this test of some global edits I did. You'll have to play as the Flyers vs. the Rangers. Both files are in .MAX formats. See what you think of the game play and the stats.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NHL 2K10 test.zip (329.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Can somebody check this test of some global edits I did. You'll have to play as the Flyers vs. the Rangers. Both files are in .MAX formats. See what you think of the game play and the stats.
I'm on days off today and tomorrow. Tonight I have to help some friends out that I helped with their move yesterday (always the only person who knows how to do any diy work and has a full range of tools). But I'll plug those into a PS2 memory card tonight and hopefully try them out tomorrow if I get a chance.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Can somebody check this test
I'm trying this today. Played a period of your first roster set then the one with global edits. Unfortunately I played the Flyers and the Penguins because I misread. But there was a definite difference between both roster files. I'd have to try it again though with the Rangers this time to be accurate. I'm surprised that on all-star it was not as hard as I expected it to be. Nothing played the way sports games usually play in highest modes which is that everyone becomes a ridiculously over talented machine.

Anyway, once I try again with the teams you actually asked for I'll write back.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 12-11-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:11 AM   #70
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

I went back to the core roster with the updated moves I put on their and have been tweaking the settings over time. I do tend to play a bit of a player lock game when on defense of sorts, only allowing myself to change players at certain times, i.e., I don't switch constantly to cover the puck.

There's no way I'm going to do edits for every team with uncertain outcomes. Hell, I'm not going to even keep the rosters up moving forward. Baseball will be in full swing soon enough and that will keep me busy enough.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:34 AM   #71
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been tinkering with this one again mainly because by a stroke of luck I actually would not need my PC to upload a roster file from it

Part of what takes so long to make players in 2K5 is how you have to press and hold a button to raise/lower attributes while in 2K6 and later you can use the shoulder buttons to raise any attribute by 10

Also helps I still have my base from 2017-18 to work with. Between the last release and now I finished all Historic teams so if I do fully update the rosters it will come with that in addition to my new philosophy from 2K5 (All original ratings based on stats, doing away with Simple Mathematics' old spreadsheet and starting attributes from scratch for every player) but due to the differences between the games players will be rated differently between them.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers (since 2004)
MLB - New York Yankees (since 2004)
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans (since 2004)
XFL - Seattle Dragons (since 2019)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #72
Rookie

rydubc's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
I have been tinkering with this one again mainly because by a stroke of luck I actually would not need my PC to upload a roster file from it

Part of what takes so long to make players in 2K5 is how you have to press and hold a button to raise/lower attributes while in 2K6 and later you can use the shoulder buttons to raise any attribute by 10

Also helps I still have my base from 2017-18 to work with. Between the last release and now I finished all Historic teams so if I do fully update the rosters it will come with that in addition to my new philosophy from 2K5 (All original ratings based on stats, doing away with Simple Mathematics' old spreadsheet and starting attributes from scratch for every player) but due to the differences between the games players will be rated differently between them.

If you do go forward with this, let us know. I for one am interested in playing with updated rosters.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NHL:
Philadelphia Flyers
NBA:
Cleveland Cavaliers

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »