Home

NHL 2K10 PS2 2018 Rosters Coming

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 PS2 2018 Rosters Coming within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 2K10 PS2 2018 Rosters Coming

A version of this has now been released, click here.

Attributes, ages, captaincies, equipment and jersey numbers will all be as close to reality as possible (within the game's limitations)

My hopes were to have the modern teams ready in time for the playoffs (Which I accomplished)

I always wanted to put out a roster for this game because it never got one and now it has one. Thank you all for the support.

Currently Finished (as of May 26th, 2018) (Historic Teams as of August 4th, 2019)
Bold Italics
- Not in released version of save yet.

Modern:

All

Historic:
All

National Historic:

All

Last edited by WWEDX2007; 08-04-2019 at 04:10 PM. Reason: NYR '94, SJ '94 Finished
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 06:37 AM   #2
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

Re: NHL 2K10 PS2 2018 Rosters Coming

You're going to make me wish I had this game. The PS2/original XBox games are awesome and have a much deeper offseason than the PS3/360 games, with the prospects game and everything. (And intuitive menus! 2K8's menu is weird on next-gen, and 2K10's required an engineering degree to figure out.)

Last edited by snowdrift; 03-13-2018 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Corrected misinformation.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
Rookie

austrianredwing's Arena

Oh yeah, keep 2K hockey alive on every platform. Awesome!!!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Operation Sports
Old 03-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift
The PS2/original XBox games are awesome and have a much deeper offseason than the PS3/360 games, with the prospects tournament and everything. (And intuitive menus! 2K8's menu is weird on next-gen, and 2K10's required an engineering degree to figure out.)
Really?? Wow, I had no idea! The last game from that gen other than PES6 and NFL 2K5 that I played was NHL2K6 on the XBOX. From there I went to the 360 and didn't really go back. What were some of the better NHL2Ks on PS2/XBOX?
Old 03-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #5
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

Sorry, I said prospects "tournament", it's just a single game. But yeah, hiring staff, scouting by region and watching the prospects before the draft... it's great. Pretty sure all the PS2/XBox games had those features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
What were some of the better NHL2Ks on PS2/XBOX?
I like 2K5 for its ESPN theme and commentary from Thorne/Clement. The trade-off is CPU-team management AI is atrocious. Maybe Finn's editor could get around that, though. Believe it or not, my 2K8 rosters started as an XBox 2K5 project. I switched to PS3 because I couldn't get save files off my XBox. Anyway, you could compare games on YouTube. 2K10 may be worth it just for this update here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift
I like 2K5 for its ESPN theme and commentary from Thorne/Clement. The trade-off is CPU-team management AI is atrocious. Maybe Finn's editor could get around that, though. Believe it or not, my 2K8 rosters started as an XBox 2K5 project. I switched to PS3 because I couldn't get save files off my XBox. Anyway, you could compare games on YouTube. 2K10 may be worth it just for this update here.
Honestly, in my search for Classic Rosters in the 2K world (part of a larger project by me to go back to older greater games than what we have now) I found ESPN 2K5 and absolutely loved it. Hadn't played it much back then. I would LOVE updated rosters for 2K5. I did use the editor though to completely update the Leafs and it was extremely cool hearing the commentary and seeing the players in a game from 2004.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:17 AM   #7
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Finished about half of the New Jersey Devils. one thing that kinda sucks is that I'm basing my stats off of a spreadsheet on here for NHL '18 from January. because I don't quite know the stats. (I want everyone to have a realistic overall)

My hope is that finishing the roster would possibly encourage more people to try 2K10 on the PS2 and do some testing with me. because right now it's just me; I don't know of anyone else who has the game. I originally got it in 2011.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:34 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
Finished about half of the New Jersey Devils. one thing that kinda sucks is that I'm basing my stats off of a spreadsheet on here for NHL '18 from January. because I don't quite know the stats. (I want everyone to have a realistic overall)

My hope is that finishing the roster would possibly encourage more people to try 2K10 on the PS2 and do some testing with me. because right now it's just me; I don't know of anyone else who has the game. I originally got it in 2011.
I've found it. I'll try your rosters tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »