Home

In 2018: What´re your favourite 2K hockey titles and why ??

This is a discussion on In 2018: What´re your favourite 2K hockey titles and why ?? within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 11:57 PM   #9
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In 2018: What´s your favourite 2K hockey titles and why ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elever
Which sliders if any are you guys using for 2k8?
The bare minimum is to cut down Goalie Freeze Puck Time and copy the Fatigue settings from the Sim slider set (otherwise your fourth line never plays, you also seem to need 6+ minute periods to see your fourth line). Venom's sliders seem to be highly regarded, but I think they were posted on the old nhlgaming forums. Someone copied one iteration of his sliders here so you can try those. But I don't know if that's his final/best set or not.

Also remember we can make global attribute edits on 2K8 now using the editor. It's something that hasn't been explored enough (even by me), and I suspect that for some things it could be more effective than sliders.

Last edited by snowdrift; 09-27-2018 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Spelling correction.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:01 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift
Also remember we can make global attribute edits on 2K8 now using the editor. It's something that hasn't been explored enough (even by me), and I suspect that for some things it could be more effective than sliders.
Definitely.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:51 PM   #11
Rookie

I do know that one global attribute change that was made for the NHL 2004 PC mods was to turn down all player agility, puck control, and acceleration to 50 for all players except for star/better players where it was a bit higher. This was to decrease the feeling of players being on a swivel and too easy to maneuver the ice with. The other change was to decrease the checking ratings for all players except for dmen or players who actually hit and check a lot so that your average guy couldn't lay out a huge hit as frequently.

Maybe that's a starting point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2018, 12:10 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elever
I do know that one global attribute change that was made for the NHL 2004 PC mods...
Yup, that's exactly what I do for NHL 2004 and what I recommend people to do.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:52 PM   #13
Rookie

Sorry to bump this, but I though i would add my 2 cents. Personally I think 2K8 is overrated because of its franchise mode. Its a great mode but gameplay and graphic wise, 2k8 has not aged well in 2019. Here are my top 3 2k games.

3.NHL 2K7
2.NHL 2K10
1.ESPN NHL 2K5
Old 08-30-2019, 01:47 AM   #14
MVP

Re: In 2018: What´re your favourite 2K hockey titles and why ??

My favourites.
1. NHL2KHS (2K11 mod) - What DJNEO has been doing to this game is awesome

2. ESPN NHL2K5 - I remember just hearing the music in the menu gave me chills...

3. NHL2K6 - Played it a lot back in the day. Also had Sundin on the cover, my all time favourite.

Note: Never owned 2K10 until this year 2019 so can't rate it fairly. It does not measure up to 2KHS though from what I've played.

For me I played 2K8 a lot. Used different sliders. However from what I remember the 360 degree skill stick and backwards skating combined broke the game. I got too good at it so the game turned into a solo race where I could basically just skate and deke everyone until I had scored. Thats what I remember and comparing that to what EA was offering at the time won me over.

Sadly.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html

Last edited by nikethebike; 08-30-2019 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

NHL2K3 (PS3).
What a game. The AI was amazing.
I think I've written this same summary on other sites, but I'll do so again here - but the shorter version.

What really stood out to me about 2K3 was how smart the AI was and the level of player separation.
I got pretty good at the game to the point I won more than lost (saying a lot considering I'm terrible at games).
I left on a 3-week work excursion and when I got home, I fired up a game between Detroit (me) and Colorado.
They annihilated me by a score of something like 9-1. I couldn't stop their top forwards like Sakic, Forsburg, Hejduk, Deadmarsh, Drury, etc, etc.
They just kept coming and coming. And not once did I feel cheated.
I blew that game because my defensive zone coverage stunk, I didn't utilize passing or team play in my break-outs and tried to one-man show every offensive chance.
A few days later, and I was back to my old self, but this game would punish you if you didn't play 'hockey'.
Especially if the CPU was controlling a good team.

And teams really did have different personalities. Some played defensive, some offensive, some a mix,...
Every team felt different.

NHL2K5 was the next fav and then 2K10.

I still dream of where this series would be if Treyarch was still producing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 10:44 AM   #16
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Great memories of the 2K series. I had the 2K2 version on Dreamcast!

Loved the ESPN them music in 2K4 and 2K5 (which I believe came with a $20 price tag).

I still play 2K10 on occasion....and I'll admit it, I think the Zamboni mini game between periods is awesome. I also like some of the little touches like the post game photo book and being able to see highlights for any player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »