Home

NHL 2K6 addicted [emoji6]

This is a discussion on NHL 2K6 addicted [emoji6] within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2022, 04:11 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 2K6 addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
And Sundin was on the cover 😊👍
It was actually quite fitting he was on the cover for the 2006 version considering that he captained the olympic winners that year, which probably also was his greatest achievement.

That final winning goal scored by Lidstrom on assists from Sundin, Forsberg and the game winning saves in the last minutes by Lundqvist was just epic. In what was his last game for the national team...

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 03-10-2022, 06:09 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
It was actually quite fitting he was on the cover for the 2006 version considering that he captained the olympic winners that year, which probably also was his greatest achievement.

That final winning goal scored by Lidstrom on assists from Sundin, Forsberg and the game winning saves in the last minutes by Lundqvist was just epic. In what was his last game for the national team...
He did so much more for Sweden than he ever did for the Leafs. And I'm a Leafs fan who watched every game he played. I love the guy, one of my favourite 5 players for sure, and I even lived in the same building with him in Toronto and we chatted all the time, became friends actually. But I think it was a career mistake to go to the Leafs. He would have done so much better elsewhere. Would've won a cup.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:05 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
He did so much more for Sweden than he ever did for the Leafs. And I'm a Leafs fan who watched every game he played. I love the guy, one of my favourite 5 players for sure, and I even lived in the same building with him in Toronto and we chatted all the time, became friends actually. But I think it was a career mistake to go to the Leafs. He would have done so much better elsewhere. Would've won a cup.

You’re such a lucky person! If only he stayed in Quebec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2022, 12:29 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlnhlfan

Can you imagine what him, Sakic, and Roy would have done together in Colorado??
Old 03-11-2022, 01:29 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Can you imagine what him, Sakic, and Roy would have done together in Colorado??

Oh, I sure can.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2022, 01:56 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlnhlfan
I was a Quebec fan, just because of Sundin. Imagine how hyped I was when Forsberg got traded there and the success and chemistry Sundin And Forsberg had showed in the national team during the world championships of 92.

And then they trade him for Wendel Clark...

They had a guy with potential to win a scoring title with the right surroundings, I would've easily put him at the same level of Jagr. Definitely a better player than Sakic (but not canadian ofcourse). The season that he scored 114 points he played with Nolan and Kamensky in Quebec. That spot was later handed to Forsberg when he came over. Quebec probably saw Sundin strictly as a centerman even though he played wing on the national team. It was such a missed opportunity in my opinion. The two greatest forwards ever produced in Sweden playing on the same team - could have even been the same line - in the NHL.

In my opinion Sundins own quality was his downfall. Due to his greatness Toronto never were bad enough to be able to draft early even though they mostly had teams of overpaid hasbeens (Jason Blake anyone?). He could carry a team and make others better like few others could. Look at a team like Pittsburgh. They tanked to get Crosby and Malkin. Even though Toronto never had anyone in their prime to play offensively with Sundin except for perhaps Mogilny during all of his seasons there, they were always a playoff contender. What happened when he left? They tanked and eventually got Rielly, Nylander, Marner and Matthews.

On the national team you could see his leadership. The fire in his eyes when matches got important. He was always at his best during the decisive moments. Except maybe in the 2002 olympics when a fantastic team at its peak just collapsed.

But in my opinion Sundin is easily up there as a contender to Swedens best ever player. On the national team he was the best one. Better than Forsberg. Better than Lidstrom. Nobody questioned him as THE captain.
If you look at the scoring numbers Forsberg had in the NHL (much better than Sundin) which are great considering all his injuries, and then analyze their national team stats Sundins were better on the national team. Higher average, more scoring titles, more points in tournaments where all the best participated and this from a guy that was also responsible defensively (as both of these guys were).

Yes in one way it feels like this guys career was a bit wasted - how insane that sounds considering what he achieved - but he should have been consistently in the top 5 league scoring if he had been with better line mates. Had they kept him in Quebec and paired him with Forsberg I bet both of them would have had multiple 100+ point seasons together. They would probably have been the leagues most feared duo in a couple of years. A wasted opportunity indeed.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 04-10-2022, 05:41 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 3

The problem is all I can find are CURRENT rosters for these classic games. I dont want the current rosters, I want the rosters made when the game actually came out.

Anyone have the community rosters from the 2006 season for this game?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 04-11-2022, 02:50 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
The problem is all I can find are CURRENT rosters for these classic games. I dont want the current rosters, I want the rosters made when the game actually came out.

Anyone have the community rosters from the 2006 season for this game?
You'll have to go through here by date, the search function doesn't really work anymore but it'll be easier by date, and go back to the autumn of 2005 and hope people hosted the files they would upload here. Otherwise, you're out of luck because the biggest file sharing site for 2K games back then closed years ago and as far as I know, nobody ever amassed all the files that were there for conservation purposes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »