Home

2023 game plans

This is a discussion on 2023 game plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2023, 07:57 AM   #73
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2023 game plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Did you play Inquisition before, Armor? Yes or no, how do you like it?

I am constantly mulling this game over when deciding what to play next but something always gets in the way, and I am just afraid the game would not age well the longer I wait.

Odoslané z moto x4 pomocou Tapatalku

Amazingly this is my first play through. I played DAO and DA2 on PS3 and looooooved DAO. DA2 was good but nothing like Origins.

DA3 is fantastic. The game is HUGE!! I will sink 150-175 hours into this. I am typically a completist when it comes to RPG’s.

It does not show age. I am playing it on my PS5 and it’s a great looking game. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-14-2023, 06:21 PM   #74
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Looks like something I'll love for a month and then pick up once every new season.

Fast paced, fun destruction, but is it something to actually pull me away from Call of Duty?

I tried out BF2042 today and it is still just not good. Which sucks. Played some CoD and had some PRs, lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
BF2042 steam charts are rising. What do you still not like about the game (curious)?
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:28 PM   #75
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
BF2042 steam charts are rising. What do you still not like about the game (curious)?
The game feels sluggish. The hit boxes don't feel right. Game looks dull.

Just wasn't a fan this go round with it.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2023, 03:55 PM   #76
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

With PC Game Pass and PS4 Plus it seems like there are endless great games to play but as I get older there seems to be less and less free time to play (Heck, it took me four months to post on this thread). Probably a good thing these services didn’t exist when I was younger because I never would have studied and made it out of university.

2023 Wishlist – It’s Big!

Starfield. A Day One purchase.
Hogwart’s Legacy. I’ve only seen one Harry Potter movie but based on the reviews here it sounds like you don’t need to know the lore to enjoy the game and people are raving about it.
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
Dying Light 2
Diablo 4
God of War Ragnarok
Disco Elysium. Feel like I need to complete some other 2D games like Tyranny and Divinity: Original Sin 2 before picking it up.Sniper Elite 5.
I didn’t buy any sports games in 2022 which is probably the first time that’s happened. I’ll buy some this year although The Show 2023 sounds disappointing.

2023 Games Completed

Immortals Fenyx Rising (PS4 – Hard – Platinum Trophy). It surprised me with its addicting game play in a colorful world of Greek Gods and a bit of a twist on Ubisoft’s usual open world games I’ve reached the age where combat mechanics rarely interest me but good puzzles always maintain my attention and have me coming back for more. Combat was fun, even though I was seriously overpowered by the end of the game even on the hard level, but the game really shone with its interesting and challenging puzzles. Some were the type you think about solving even after you turn off the game. It featured a huge world and I didn’t even open all the Vaults of Tartaros despite getting the platinum trophy. (9 out of 10).

2023 DLC Completed

Sam’s Story -- Metro Exodus (DLC – PS5 -- Hardcore). I rarely play DLC because they’re usually short and aren’t good value for the money but I bought the two Metro DLC after reading good reviews online. Sam’s Story is the better of the two DLC. It takes place in a new outdoor area, Vladivostok, fand eatures some new enemies, new weapons and has two possible endings depending on the choice you make at that end. You can’t compare it to the Witcher 3’s DLC but it felt meaty. (9 out of 10).

Two Colonels – Metro Exodus (DLC – PS5 -- Hardcore). This DLC centers around a very well written and emotional story based on one of the destroyed locations and a character found near the end of Metro Exodus. The location – underground – and the enemies weren’t that interesting to me and it felt shorter than Sam’s Story but it’s definitely worth playing (8 out of 10)

2023 Games Currently Playing

Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey: (PC -- Hard) – Level 39, 29 per cent completed
Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (PS5 Plus -- Hard) – Power 52
Cyperpunk 2077 (PC – Hard) -- Level 17
Dirt 5 (PS5 Plus) – Player Level 21
Eden Ring (PC) – Level 50. Got burned out on it after being completely addicted when it first arrived.
Fallout 4 (PC -- Hard) -- Level 51. One of these years I will finish this
Far Cry 6 (PS5 – Hard). Love the Far Cry series but I’m finding this a bore.
Horizon Forbidden West (PS5 Plus -- Hard) -- 2.46 per cemt complete, Level 3
Spiderman (PS4 Plus -- Amazing Level) – 10 per cent completion
Watch Dogs 2 (PS4 Plus) – 10.04 per cent completion
Yakuza Kiwami (PS4 -- Normal) – 15.10 per cent

Sports Backlog

FIFA 22 (PS5) – Manchester United (21-6-4, Currently First)
FIFA 20 (PS4) – Fulham (13-1-2, Currently Second in Championship)

MLB 21 (PS5) – Toronto (23-16), Buffalo (16-19), New Hampshire (7-4)
MLB 20 (PS4) – Montreal (29-12)
MLB 19 (PS4) – Milwaukee (33-28)
MLB 17 (PS4) – NY Mets (11-14)
MLB 16 (PS4) – Toronto (50-41)
MLB 15 (PS4) --Washington (43-47)
MLB 14 (PS3) -- Los Angeles (26-15)
(I Play on All-Star level, every pitch)
Old 03-31-2023, 12:15 PM   #77
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Finally finished Bloodborne today.

It took 3 months but I did it the same way as the previous soulslikes I finished, exploring every corner, quest, boss and chalice dungeon of that incredible world.

Ended up Lvl 155 but I have to admit the final couple of chalice dungeons (depths 4-5) kind of break the endgame, given how much blood echoes you can gain there just by exploring.

But I was also hell bent on getting to the very last dungeon boss, and given that you have to fight through - among others - three levels of a cursed dungeon where your health is cut in half (!) on your way there, I am incredibly proud I did.

The last 4 boss fights of the game -

Spoiler

- along the Lady Maria, were also easily the best and visually most impressive boss fights in the entire game, if not nearly as daunting as they could have been on lower levels.

I never quite understood before why this game is considered one of the best games ever made. I always thought it was ugly - ugly setting (Victorian style of anything is not exactly my cup of tea), ugly art, ugly weapons, ugly combat - and stupidly hard... until I finished my first soulslike (Code Vein), and then, Elden Ring. After ER I knew it was only a matter of time until I get my hands on BB, and man, now I can see why the game gets all those credits and accolades.

The game aged incredibly well, still looks great (amazing, even) on big screen TV, the atmosphere is second to none, combat is fast, fun and addictive, enemy variety is great and the weirdness of both enemies and the story itself is like nothing I can think of. Also, the level design of the more memorable areas (Central Yharnam, Nightmare of Mensis, Research Hall, Cainhurst, Fishing Hamlet etc.) is pure genius.

Every stream I have seen of Bloodborne's gameplay before, focused (especially in the early game) on playing with a combo of Saw Cleaver and Ludwig's Holy Blade, so I decided to forge my own way.

Went with the Hunter's Axe (primary weapon) and Kirkhammer (secondary, until late game where I replaced KH with Ludwig's Blade and later Whirlgig Saw). I could not have made a better choice. The Axe is a great weapon for one's first playthrough, and it's charged attack in a transformed state has the best moveset / weapon art this side of the Ice Spear and Lion's Claw (see: Elden Ring).

Replacing traditional rolling of "classic" Souls games with side-stepping while locked onto an enemy definitely requires some getting used to, but like many other tweaks to a traditional souls formula, proved to be a brilliant decision, only adding to the furiousness of the combat. The rally mechanic is a fantastic, under the radar (?) addition, as well.

An easy 9-9.5/10 overall and almost a must-play for every PS4 owner (it helps if you don't like yourself very much, of course).

Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

Last edited by Executor; 03-31-2023 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:31 PM   #78
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

While plowing through Bloodborne, I also managed to finish two side-kicks, aka visual novels, which I kind of learned to love as a change-of-pace, rest-your-mind type of games whenever playing some tough or time consuming "main" game:

fault: milestone one

It wasn't until the game finished seemingly mid-dialogue when I learned that it's actually first part of a longer game whose sequels however never made it to Playstation. It almost made me to jump out the window, but what the heck.

The story itself is interesting enough to make you come back for more, and especially a sub-story of Rune alone is disturbing, fascinating and horrifying enough to justify the purchase.

Still, whoever made the decision to not bring sequels to PS deserves severe, eh ... should be ashamed of himself / themselves.

Big Dipper

This one, on the other hand, is a short, light hearted and fun piece of a (love)story with cute, fitting backround music and even with a dark, scary twist in the end which sets up a perfect climax. This is one of those little flicks that in the end make you wonder if this world is truly as bad as it seems to be.

Next gaming plans:

Main games - decing between:

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Dragon Age: Inquisition

Will probably go with one of the shorter ones before jumping into a big open world adventure.

Visual novel sidekicks - currently playing:

Heart of the Woods (couple of minutes in so far but it already looks good)

Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 04-01-2023, 02:14 AM   #79
Banned

It's always nice to talk about upcoming games and the excitement that comes with them. I understand your situation regarding the PSVR 2 preorder and your job situation. It's important to prioritize your finances, and if it means cancelling the preorder for now, then that's a reasonable decision.

As for the list of games you're looking forward to, it's great to have a plan and know what you want to play. It seems like there are a lot of exciting games coming out next year, and it's good to have options.
Old 04-21-2023, 08:25 AM   #80
Rookie

My favorite game, of course, is Farming Simulator 2022. And in general, I love such simulators. By the way, if you still play this game and use mods, here is a good site where there are very interesting and unusual mods - https://fs22-mods.info/. From time to time I find interesting mods here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »