Home

Some Info about getting a Xbox 360

This is a discussion on Some Info about getting a Xbox 360 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Some Info about getting a Xbox 360

I called 35 gamestops and Eb games within a 100 miles from my house and I must say I am pretty much screwed.. Almost all the gamestops said sold out, but all the Eb games said 2nd shipment. Why would Eb games only say 2nd shipment and gamestop say no more preorders. I even called a Eb games 80 miles away from my house and it was in a place where not many people live (B.FE.) and they have been sold out for months. It also depends on sales, If a store sells more games then they get more Xbox 360's. One lady told me her store doesn't do alot of businees, so that store is only getting 19systems. There is 2 chances of getting a 360. I said to one of the guys at EB, what about the 300 dollar system, can I preoder that one and he said good question and the anwser was yes. There is no people preordering the 300 dollar system so I can do that if I really want it at launch and he said I could put money down towards the 300 dollar system and if I find it somehwere else i could get my money fully refunded.I also ask if the hardrive will be availble and he said yes, it wiill be in stores on the 4 or the 15th. The reason why there is 300 dollar systems still avaible is b/c the 400 dollar system is worth your money. You get all the other the accesories which value out more then the extra 100 dollars. 2nd option is somebody on the first preoder list doesn't pick up there system 24 hours after release, then it would go down a list of 2nd shipments to get it at launch.I guess the best thing to do is preorder a 360 if you can even if it is the 2nd shipment, then wait infront of Walmart, Best Buy etc... and hope you get can one, then get your preorder money back. I also ask about games including Madden and I was told games should not be a problem to get at launch.

What are you guys going to do about your purchase of the Xbox 360 and what should I do about it with the info i gave above?

Last edited by jetsfansiny79; 10-17-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2005, 01:30 AM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Some Info about getting a Xbox 360

i have the 400 dollar system pre-ordered at blockbuster, first shipment. im not pre-ordering any games cause im not sure what my cash situation will be. and i figure getting games wont be hard anyway
Old 10-17-2005, 01:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Got mine and a couple games (including Madden) pre-ordered at EB.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:37 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
i have the 400 dollar system pre-ordered at blockbuster, first shipment. im not pre-ordering any games cause im not sure what my cash situation will be. and i figure getting games wont be hard anyway
Blockbuster does preorders? I never knew this and where do you live?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:43 AM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
Blockbuster does preorders? I never knew this and where do you live?
I live in Akron Ohio. Yeah they do, my blockbuster has a gamerush, which is like an eb or a gamestop built right into it. I believe only blockbusters with the gamerush do the pre-orders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2005, 01:47 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I live in Akron Ohio. Yeah they do, my blockbuster has a gamerush, which is like an eb or a gamestop built right into it. I believe only blockbusters with the gamerush do the pre-orders.
No game rush here. Damn getting this system is gonna drive me crazy.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:57 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 32

Again, this belongs in the non-sports gaming forum as it doesn't specifically deal with Madden.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:15 AM   #8
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Get it on Ebay, there are a couple of powersellers selling them at Retail Price if you get it at the right time. Just the system only too. But there was one guy, who had an allocation of 108 sell out in a matter of hours.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »