Home

Deus EX 3 Discussion

This is a discussion on Deus EX 3 Discussion within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-27-2007, 02:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Deus EX 3 Announced

HELL YEAHHHHHH
Old 01-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Deus Ex 3 Details Emerge

Quote:
Thanks to a rough translation of the article on the Eidos Forums, we have plenty of new tidbits to chew over.

The story is about Adam Jensen, the chief of security for a cybernetic syndicate. After commandos breach his security layer with knowledge that could only come from an inside source, Jensen must search for answers. This new Deus Ex will actually serve as a prequel for the original game, which came out in June of 2000. The game will have several endings, but it will lead to the establishment of UNATCO, which is the organization that the protagonist in the original Deus Ex served in.

Hailed as a classic, the original Deus Ex is a blend of first-person action and role-playing in a near-future world full of conspiracies and technological revolution. Nanotechnology can create cybernetic humans that are smarter, faster, and more powerful than everyone else. Yet the theme of the game is the distrust of corporations and governments that wield such power.

Deus Ex 3 is being developed by Eidos Montreal. According to the Czech article, the game will feature smarter AI opponents, with squads centered around a squad leader. Cover will play an important role in the game, as well cybernetic abilities. Jensen will have X-ray vision, as well as the ability to do "multi-kills", which let him eliminate three to four enemies quickly. He also the ability to shoot wires out of his hand, which he can use to grapple to the sides of buildings.

The article further states that the game will rely less on RPG statistics and be more of an action game, but it will still feature RPG elements. There will also be an emphasis on conversations, particularly on reading facial expressions and body language. Meanwhile, the game will feature five cities spanning the world, three of which are known: Shanghai, Detroit, and Montreal.

Deus Ex 3 is being developed for the PC, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360. The game doesn't have a hard release date of yet.

More of an action game makes me a bit sad.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think they had to make it more action to appeal to a broader audience. I absolutely loved the first Deus Ex for the PC and never got to play the second one so I'm really looking forward to this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 17

I gave Dues Ex 2 several chances but just couldn't get into it. I know alot of people consider the fanchise to be "epic" or whatever but I just can't see it. From what i'm reading, maybe I picked the wrong game to judge the series by.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #13
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Dues Ex: Human Revolution is the name.

CG trailer:

GDC 10: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Blowout

Quote:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution uses the first Deus Ex game, which perfectly married the first-person shooter and roleplaying game, as its reference point, so you can expect an experience similar to it. The goal is to deliver the perfect mix of both genres, giving players the option of choosing to play the game depending on their preferred play style. The game is built around a multi-path, multi-solution approach so you often have more than one way to pass an obstacle, and within that you have tonnes of options for character and weapon customization.

If your preferred play style revolves around combat, there are plenty of augmentations and weapon customizations to transform you into a killing machine. If you're a strategist or a pacifist, there are several options as well to avoid confrontation through augmentations and other means. The choice is yours.
Quote:
Of course, Deus Ex 1 and 2 varied a bit in what those core aspects were -- ultimately, we decided to emulate the first game more; as mentioned, we no longer have unified ammunition and we are returning to an inventory system reminiscent of the first game. We also wanted to ensure that our levels are larger and more open than in Invisible War (i.e. Hong Kong in Deus Ex 1).

In terms of being a Deus Ex game, we keep the core gameplay essence alive: that being a hybrid of action-RPG in which the core gameplay mechanics revolve around combat, stealth, hacking, and social aspects.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:42 AM   #14
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Guess I need to holler at the first two on the PC before I buy this one so I can feel the epicness of what other have felt. Sounds a little like what I played in ME2 with the foundation they are trying to have. Should be interesting. I'm keeping an eye on this one.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #15
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Never played the first one, but Deus Ex 2 was one of my favorite games on the old xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I have to admit that my expectations for this game are probably way too unrealistic. ME2 is my favorite game from this generation of games, and I expect Deus Ex 3 to be as good or better.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »