Home

Mass Effect 2

This is a discussion on Mass Effect 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
WWE 2K23 Review: The Champ Is Here
The World Baseball Classic Comes to MLB The Show 23
MLB The Show 23 Franchise, MTO, Presentation and Commentary Feature Premiere Breakdown
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Chelsea, Assemble!
 
Altimus's Arena
 
OVR: 58
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Shed End
Posts: 27,294
Mass Effect 2

Even though not officially announced, I think we all know it is coming.

Quote:

Though the game has yet to be formally announced (much less as part of a trilogy), BioWare's Mass Effect 2 is set to feature in a 60-minute lecture at 2009's Game Developers Conference, due to be held at the end of March in San Francisco. BioWare project manager, Corey Andruko, and lead technical designer Dusty Everman will treat attendees to a discussion of the EA-owned developer's "new level-creation process, which is focused on maximizing iteration for quality while minimizing rework and cost."

The duo will also discuss the level design lessons learned from the planet-hopping RPG's development -- and how those have led to improvements in the sequel. We imagine at least some of the talk will be focused on the benefits of disabling the "ctrl" and "c" keys on office workstations.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/08/bi...ign-at-gdc-09/

I'm hoping GDC announcement, E3 screen/gameplay and fall release?
Altimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
ULTRAAAA!!!!
 
Cyros's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Metroplex
Posts: 12,631
Re: Mass Effect 2

Could be a big year for Bioware.

Dragon Age in Spring for PC
Mass Effect 2 in Fall (hopefully)
Dragon Age in Fall for consoles
__________________
Watch Me Twitch

My Video Game Streams
Cyros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Live Action, please?
 
jfsolo's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 12,973
Re: Mass Effect 2

If they've found a cost effective way to create lots of variation in the level design and maintaining a high level of quality, then that will be a great boon for them and us as gamers.

I think most of us can agree that the repetitive environments was by far the biggest weakness of ME 1.

My gut tells me that we won't see ME 2 during the 2009 calendar year.
__________________
Quote:
Jordan Mychal Lemos
@crypticjordan

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
jfsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
All Star
 
bkfount's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: greensboro, NC
Re: Mass Effect 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
If they've found a cost effective way to create lots of variation in the level design and maintaining a high level of quality, then that will be a great boon for them and us as gamers.

I think most of us can agree that the repetitive environments was by far the biggest weakness of ME 1.

My gut tells me that we won't see ME 2 during the 2009 calendar year.
I agree. While having all the various planets to travel to was a cool concept, it sucked in execution. All of the planets that had nothing to do with any side story were all the same. I'm sure the 360 and DVD takes some of the blame for that though.

It would be perfect if they could have this ready by the holidays, but I doubt it.

Last edited by bkfount; 01-08-2009 at 02:16 PM.
bkfount is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!
 
Altimus's Arena
 
OVR: 58
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Shed End
Posts: 27,294
Re: Mass Effect 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I agree. While having all the various planets to travel to was a cool concept, it sucked in execution. All of the planets that had nothing to do with any side story were all the same randomly generated terrain crap with minerals to mine or data to gather. It got boring, and you had to ride around in the POS Mako.

It would be perfect if they could have this ready by the holidays, but I doubt it.
Yeah, I would love to see fall 2009 but I think fall 2010 is a better target date because of the story and work it takes to make a game like this.

As far missions, I agree. The buildings and maps were really similar and got boring, sometimes was okay though. I thought worse part was as mentioned navigation. Mako + a mountain/rocky terrain = doom for all. Driving is one thing but I hated being bounced around and going up mountains. And sometimes a planet would just be one huge mountain.
Altimus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Be Massive
 
sportsdude's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,001
Re: Mass Effect 2

I would like to see more major decisions like the one included at the end of the first one involving the council.

I'd also like to see your status (paragon/renegade) play more of a role in how people talk to you and possibly even which missions are available to you.
__________________
Lux y Veritas
sportsdude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
Go Wings!
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 25,605
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Mass Effect 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Yeah, I would love to see fall 2009 but I think fall 2010 is a better target date because of the story and work it takes to make a game like this.

As far missions, I agree. The buildings and maps were really similar and got boring, sometimes was okay though. I thought worse part was as mentioned navigation. Mako + a mountain/rocky terrain = doom for all. Driving is one thing but I hated being bounced around and going up mountains. And sometimes a planet would just be one huge mountain.
I agree with you guys, also I'd like more variety in planet level designs...it got damn tiring going into the same type of bunker time and time again...Make some new skins, etc.
__________________
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7009-7102-8818
mgoblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
goh
Banned
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Re: Mass Effect 2

The end of the first doesn't save after your last descions so I wonder how that'll work.

Also wonder if it'll be on the PS3 now too.
goh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.
Top -