Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #801
Donny Baseball!
 
Skyboxer's Arena
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 20,211
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Yes everyone knows about that.. but did you know, they are going to put a cool down limit on it when the full game releases? You can only spot a person/vehicles per whatever time they decide to put it. Let's say they do it for every 30 seconds, you would only spot 1 sniper in the background when there would probably be 10-12 snipers with prone being added in. Sure, it'll be easy to defend crates and whatnot, but guess what? The game would last soooooooooooooooooooooo long. Have you ever played a game where there was just like 4v4? That's probably what it'll feel like.
Have absolutely no problem with that....seems more realistic than seeing someone you shouldn't be able to see.
Unless I'm not understanding what you are saying.

Unless someone (sniper or not) fires the gun or is in fact visible I don't think you should be able to see them at all.
__________________
Joshua:
"D.O.D. pension files indicate current mailing as: Dr. Robert Hume,
a.k.a. Stephen W. Falken, 5 Tall Cedar Road, Goose Island, Oregon"


Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612

Last edited by Skyboxer; 02-15-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Skyboxer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #802
All Star
 
mikenoob's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,474
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Have absolutely no problem with that....seems more realistic than seeing someone you shouldn't be able to see.
Unless I'm not understanding what you are saying.

Unless someone (sniper or not) fires the gun or is in fact visible I don't think you should be able to see them at all.

But you can in this game. You just have to spam select button in their direction. I think they should limit it just a bit.
mikenoob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #803
MVP
 
Klocker's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

my only problem wiht the game is way too many snipers playing hide and take a pot shot at innocent respawners and not helping with the objectives.. I usually see 1 maybe 2 good snipers that actually know how to help the team (spotting, setting C4 on tanks, setting charges, defusing, killing guys trying to disarm a set charge, moving forward and hiding for squad to respawn on) for every 6 that are suited up...

the rest are playing their own team deathmatch game picking off people randomly while they are going about their business trying to obtain objectives. they seem way more concerned about K/D ratios. Wait for the full game and there is 4v4v4v4 squad team deathmatch.
Klocker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #804
All Star
 
mikenoob's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,474
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

For those that preordered from gamestop for the squad rush, will you be able to invite friends and play it even if they did not preorder from there?
mikenoob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #805
Moderator
 
PVarck31's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The Land
Posts: 15,637
Blog Entries: 10
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
my only problem wiht the game is way too many snipers playing hide and take a pot shot at innocent respawners and not helping with the objectives.. I usually see 1 maybe 2 good snipers that actually know how to help the team (spotting, setting C4 on tanks, setting charges, defusing, killing guys trying to disarm a set charge, moving forward and hiding for squad to respawn on) for every 6 that are suited up...

the rest are playing their own team deathmatch game picking off people randomly while they are going about their business trying to obtain objectives. they seem way more concerned about K/D ratios. Wait for the full game and there is 4v4v4v4 squad team deathmatch.
I agree. I usually play as a sniper, but I am always setting up so that I am defending one of the M-Com's, or I am trying to take them out, or pick off guys trying to defuse them.
PVarck31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #806
Moderator
 
PVarck31's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The Land
Posts: 15,637
Blog Entries: 10
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
For those that preordered from gamestop for the squad rush, will you be able to invite friends and play it even if they did not preorder from there?
I believe the answer is yes.
PVarck31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 AM   #807
Hall Of Fame
 
LingeringRegime's Arena
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17,153
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Good games DTX and CoupleofFew. We were quite a three man squad out there.
LingeringRegime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:26 AM   #808
Moderator
 
PVarck31's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The Land
Posts: 15,637
Blog Entries: 10
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Good games DTX and CoupleofFew. We were quite a three man squad out there.
If you are looking for one more, let me know if you want to play.
PVarck31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Top -