Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #881
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
I did not like the demo at all and will definitely be passing on this one. Played just over two hours (seriously, 1 map? c'mon man!) and nothing felt right to me. If this is trying to be a peer to COD, they swung and missed IMO. The game fluidity is not there, graphics aren't as good, the snow effects look like something out of a N64 game, there is spawn camping like crazy and then let's get to meat of it.

I cannot stand the controls. Too slow, I maxed the sensitivity and still felt it should go much higher (why can Halo 2, a game that came out in 2004, get this right but games like Killzone 2 and BF BC 2 still can't come close to it? Seriously, this question needs answered). The combat knife thing takes way too long and is a very clunky-looking animation. It makes me only want to knife somebody when I'm coming from behind undetected and I know nobody else is around. Why does it take 15-20 bullets to kill somebody? So many times I would absolutely unload on a guy, only to see him still standing and either take cover or kill me while I was reloading. Isn't this supposed to be a modern-day, semi-realistic shooter? How can guys take full clips and still live? Going off of that, the hit detection is absolutely terrible. You can pump a full clip short distance into somebody's chest/head area yet when they kill you, you see they have like 45 health left. How?? Also, the splash damage for the rocket launcher is an absolutely joke. I snuck up on a sniper from behind and pulled out my rocket launcher to be funny. I aimed at the head from the high ground, and not only did I miss but the rocket did no splash damage, thus not alerting the sniper at all (and yes he was playing, I watched him sniper somebody just seconds after that happened).

I hate to be so negative on a demo like this but honestly, I fail to see how this could ever be considered an AAA title. For similarities, I though it felt similar to MAG, except that MAG was way better and a lot more fun to play, not to mention having a ton more players and multiplayer options.
On Jan. 29 this is what I, sportsdude, said about this game after my first experience with the demo on 360. I gave it a few more tries and though I didn't hate it as much as the post above I just wasn't feeling it. Whatever.

Now it is Feb. 25, basically a month later. Have I done a 180 with the game? Not quite, more like a 165. My roommate downloaded the demo on his PS3 and has been playing the **** out of it, and within the last couple weeks has really been dominating (last night he racked up 13,500 points in one turn on defense). Watching him play so much and dominate had me curious again even though I had pretty much sworn the game off already. I'm not sure if there's actually any difference between the 360 and PS3 versions, but to me the PS3 demo felt crisper than the 360 demo. I was able to grow more comfortable with the controls (though still am wondering why games put max levels on sensitivity, it can't be that big of a deal to program in and would really help games like this and KZ2, to me at least), play in some lag-free games and start to see why others in this thread spoke of the game in such a glowing light.

Just last night I discovered the true way to play as a recon class, marking the hell out of enemies, blowing up tanks and occasionally sniping people if I had a clear shot. I hate sniping in any shooter, but playing the recon class was a lot of fun because I felt I was helping my team in a ton of different ways. Also in my game last night, I ran somebody over with the UAV lol.

So yeah, I don't know if there's any difference between the 360 and PS3 versions but it felt like it to me and I'm glad my roommate will be getting this for his PS3 so I can play it.

Another reason I started to see the potential in this game is that my roommate, excited for the full release of this game, went out and bought the original Bad Company for PS3. We put some time in the multiplayer the last few days and holy hell, the second one is such a huge leap forward over the original in pretty much every area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #882
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Sportsdude, the same thing happened to me with the first BF:BC. Didn't really get the demo and gave up on it. Then I gave the full game a shot about a year later and ended up loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Day 1 maps are free.
A one time code to unlock the maps will be in new games. And for another free pack later in March.

Last edited by Pete1210; 02-25-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #883
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Well tonight's the night. Last demo night. Gotta play it!

Old 02-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #884
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Been playing a lot of BC1 this week. Hopefully you get a special reward in BC2 for playing BC1. In BC1 you got access to a gun no one else could for being a Battlefield Veteran.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #885
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Been playing a lot of BC1 this week. Hopefully you get a special reward in BC2 for playing BC1. In BC1 you got access to a gun no one else could for being a Battlefield Veteran.
You get an M1 Garand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #886
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Crap already offline....so sad.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #887
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56