Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #1073
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Bye bye MW2. Holy ****.

Game is incredible online. Love the maps and the fact that I can spawn and not have to worry about an idiot running around knifing, noob tubes, or having a chopper gunner taking me out.

Love the maps, they are stunning graphically. Played the 4 on 4 squad rush mode, love it for a nice quick game. Not even sure how my VIP or Gamestop codes worked, didn't download anything, it was very odd. LOL

Single player is equally good, the story is great, and the first mission from WW2 is one of the better looking single player levels I've ever seen in a console FPS.

Game is STUNNING.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #1074
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Gotta love that engine, I threw a grenade in a building that was in pieces...next thing I know building falls down and 4 kills for me!!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #1075
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Bye bye MW2. Holy ****.

Game is incredible online. Love the maps and the fact that I can spawn and not have to worry about an idiot running around knifing, noob tubes, or having a chopper gunner taking me out.

Love the maps, they are stunning graphically. Played the 4 on 4 squad rush mode, love it for a nice quick game. Not even sure how my VIP or Gamestop codes worked, didn't download anything, it was very odd. LOL

Game is STUNNING.
Completely agree.

The fact that there is no spawn camping, no knifing, the "noob tube" is actually used as a strategic weapon, the fact that they don't show you your K/D ratio (that I noticed when looking through things), etc...all make this incredibly fun. People seem to care more about winning than they do their actual stats and it's awesome.

After watching that video, I actually know what the **** I'm doing (kinda), and actually know what does what, etc.

Oh yeah, the graphics are ridiculous.

Only thing I don't get/will have to get used to is not being able to go prone. For a realistic shooter like this one, not having that in seems a little odd, but it's nothing that I won't get used to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #1076
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Are their lot's campers in this game?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #1077
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Completely agree.
Only thing I don't get/will have to get used to is not being able to go prone. For a realistic shooter like this one, not having that in seems a little odd, but it's nothing that I won't get used to.
Some guys earlier in the thread (that follow this a lot more than me), mentioned that this was intentional due to large maps. Logic being, if snipers could crouch, it could be extremely difficult trying to nail down one in such large maps. (even though a good spotter in a aerial vehicle could help)
Old 03-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #1078
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
Some guys earlier in the thread (that follow this a lot more than me), mentioned that this was intentional due to large maps. Logic being, if snipers could crouch, it could be extremely difficult trying to nail down one in such large maps. (even though a good spotter in a aerial vehicle could help)
That's what I figured. It'd be incredibly difficult to find where they were and, while that is incredibly realistic, it could get pretty damn annoying in-game.

And yes, there's "camping," but it's needed, authentic, realistic camping. People defending checkpoints, holding down a house, etc. I know one of the few games I played, I was up in the attic of a building. Sniped two people, spotted a few others, and then noticed there was a group of 3 running towards my building. I switched to my pistol and waited by the ladder...sure enough all three came up one by one and got shot in the head or stabbed.

Speaking of which: knifing/melee attacks in this game should set the standard for how to do it. They are not sudden, they do not teleport you magically to stab them, etc. They are awesome and I actually feel proud of myself for sneaking up behind someone and stabbing them in the back.

Last edited by Beantown; 03-02-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #1079
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Stop it! I need to get home and play this, now!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #1080
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

haven't picked it up yet, still thinking about it.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »