Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #1185
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
I got "The Dentist" achievement tonight. Funniest thing ever. Guy was a on one of those rocket turret things (sorry I don't know the name), snuck up behind him, pulled out my repair tool, aimed for the head, and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... headshot. I've gotten 3 of those kills tonight, easily the most satisfying kills I've ever gotten.
What did you kill him with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
more people need to use the "spot" feature. Seems like most don't do it. It really helps your team to spot guys.
YES! Spotting is key.

With my limited time playing last night (thanks to the servers) I came blown away. I didn't play the demo hardly at all and I never played a BF game before, so I came into this blind... I'm glad I picked it up. It was a very enjoyable experience and I doubt I touch MW2 for a while.

I need to work on the classes and figure out how to use each one. I was playing this too much like COD and trying to run and gun, plus I can't get the grenade throwing down. Either I throw to far or way too short.

I can't wait to play tonight. I hope to see everyone on so we can get some games in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #1186
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
I can't decide if I should buy this or save up for FIFA World Cup 2010. I'm not too hot on the demo, but I loved the first game and the old Battlefield games.
It is much better than the demo and I was not too hot on the demo either. The game has a much smoother feel then the demo and graphics are improved as well.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #1187
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

How do you get the UAV and how does it work?

Can you get ran over by vehicles and die? I don't know what happened last night, but a guy was on one of the fast vehicles, like the 4X4 and he was stuck trying to back up.. I ran up beside him and stabbed him, next thing I know I'm dead as well. I wasn't sure if he ran me over or not. I never saw anyone shoot at me during the kill cam, it just showed the area I was standing at. I dunno too much!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #1188
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

What is "spotting" and how do you do it?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #1189
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
What is "spotting" and how do you do it?
You aim toward the person, and hit the back button for the 360, select for the PS3.

It alerts everyone on your team where the enemy is, and if the person you spotted gets killed you get 20 points for it.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #1190
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
What did you kill him with?
He killed him with the repair tool. Thus "The Dentist". Drilled him... literally.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #1191
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Just ordered this from gamedealsdaily for $40. It's the Japanese version, but it's supposed to work on US xboxes and it's completely in English so we'll see what happens. I enjoyed the beta, so I'm looking forward to trying out the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #1192
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
How do you get the UAV and how does it work?

Can you get ran over by vehicles and die? I don't know what happened last night, but a guy was on one of the fast vehicles, like the 4X4 and he was stuck trying to back up.. I ran up beside him and stabbed him, next thing I know I'm dead as well. I wasn't sure if he ran me over or not. I never saw anyone shoot at me during the kill cam, it just showed the area I was standing at. I dunno too much!
UAV ~ Look for a booth by the deployment area, kinda looks like the thing the NFL refs use on replays. As long as somebody else isn't there or hasn't already had the UAV destroyed you can use it. If you see red bars across the monitor then it's unavailable.

YES you can get killed by vehicle, I got an achievement for killing a guy with the rotor of a UAV and yes you can kill a guy by hitting him at high speed w/a quad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »