Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #1225
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Can you sprint non stop? It seems like it to me.
Yep, always could in BF

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #1226
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
consensus of people vs the demo? especially 360, but ps3 comments welcome too since many of you mentioned the control lacked in the demo compared to the beta.

I'm trying to get a read on if people actually feel there is a positive difference from the demo to the retail. I felt that the controls (feel responsiveness) hadn't improved from bc1 while playing bc2's demo.

I'm really on the fence and in fact may have to rent first - it's tougher than normal choice since no one on my friend's list has it.

Anyway, I appreciate any comparisons with the demo, especially if they are somewhat detailed. The best responses would be from people like me who liked but not loved the first game and weren't sold from the demo.
To tell ya the truth I hated the first one at release, ended up getting rid of it about 2 weeks after release then rebought it at a later time. The second one is heads and shoulders above the first one.

If the controls are what worry you, they are alot more responsive then in the Demo. I played both the PS3 beta and the 360 Demo, the retail games controls is alot more like the beta feel rather then the demo. The environments are gorgeous, gameplay is great and its all around a great experience. I say get a 2 day rental, if you like the feel of it, buy it. If not you saved yourself $60.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #1227
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
To tell ya the truth I hated the first one at release, ended up getting rid of it about 2 weeks after release then rebought it at a later time. The second one is heads and shoulders above the first one.

If the controls are what worry you, they are alot more responsive then in the Demo. I played both the PS3 beta and the 360 Demo, the retail games controls is alot more like the beta feel rather then the demo. The environments are gorgeous, gameplay is great and its all around a great experience. I say get a 2 day rental, if you like the feel of it, buy it. If not you saved yourself $60.
Thanks for the response, that's good to hear. I just got 2k baseball and was thinking I might pick up metro 3300 or whatever it's called, splinter cell conviction plus later ufc2010 and backbreaker - hell even toy soldiers looks enticing!, but I've have kept an eye on this too. Obviously it's getting great reviews.

My concerns were mainly the controls though and the draw distance (which even the demo was fine imo...i was picking people off from extreme distances). And overall the 'sameness' to BC1.

It's funny reading some of this thread; there are people that want others to communicate more, but when I'm online I just want everybody to shut up lol UNLESS they're my friends and we're playing together. BECAUSE communication is more essential in this game than other shooters, if I end up buying this I'll have to try my best to convince my buddies to get this too.

So yeah, I guess I'll just take your advice. I was going to say it would be easier to buy if I was already sick of MW2, but maybe it could increase the longevity of both games having them at the same time and kind of swapping back and forth.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #1228
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
BTW just for fun lets post some stats from weapon and Vehicles:

Best Weapon:
M24 Sniper
32 Kills
50% Accuracy
Best Vehicle:
M1A2 Abrams Tank
10 Kills
Driven distance 965

Wish they had like time spotted, points captured, etc stats....
Best Weapon:
AKS-74U
113 kills
18.23% Accuracy (bit below my MW2 acc. of 19.22%)

Best Vehicle:
UAV1 (Mine says "1" by it)
Kills 18
Road Kills 1
Distance Driven 14,178

Engineer Score: 14,704 (not posting others because I haven't used them much)
K/D Ratio: 1.18
Combat Score: 21,566
Award Score: 15,800
Total Score: 37,366

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 03-03-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #1229
Pro

OVR: 11

This game is awesome so far, not sure if it will last a while like I hope it will though. But BFBC1 went down hill for me after a week..but we will see..and my VIP code isn't working..tried it without all caps and with all caps...no go. But never have I gotten mad because of a team being bad until this game, didn't really think I would see the day, I have been playing conquest, so no one catching flags was annoying the heck out of me. And the M1A1 with engineer class is my favorite class right now...I need to expand though because some maps call for ARs or SRs. I will probably go medic though. Don't like LMG's but I think that it helps a team so much when you have a good medic. Very similar to BF 2142 and so on and so forth. And also you rack up tons and tons of points, in the demo I think I had aorund 4k points and I didn't even get many kills. And how do you know if a gun can get an attachment or how does that work? With getting the RDS and such..

And this game is very well balanced, not once did I feel like I shouldn't have died when I have.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #1230
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
BTW just for fun lets post some stats from weapon and Vehicles:
Best Weapon:
M24 Sniper
127 kills
58.96% accuracy

Recon Score: 20,855
Old 03-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #1231
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Anyone here want to get in a squad and play some Sqaud Rush or Squad Deathmatch? I've played both these modes solo in a random squad and it's not fun when there's no communication and your guys are running wild.

I only have 2 friends on my list who have this game and I'd like more. If anyone wants to add me my gamertag is: Sinist3r Alex

I play as the engineer most of the time.
i'd play with you. i'm playing now with randoms...no communication, no team work, free for all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #1232
Pro

OVR: 11

Servers down again? (360)

And if you want I will FR you too but the mic part of my mic is broken..but I stick together and spot and such :P.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »