Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #1313
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp75
Thanks Deft. So, the recovery time is greatly reduced by a med kit when compared to recovery time without. Didn't notice that.
No, I don't think so. It takes longer for your health to regenerate manually. I have chased down people with very little health to give them a med pack, but I could see their health slowly increasing. It takes about ten seconds for the health bar to fill back up when they are close to death without med pack assistance.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #1314
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
No, I don't think so. It takes longer for your health to regenerate manually. I have chased down people with very little health to give them a med pack, but I could see their health slowly increasing. It takes about ten seconds for the health bar to fill back up when they are close to death without med pack assistance.
yes unlike BC1, you need to hang around the Med kit a bit for it to take full effect. just as an amo kit refills incrementally. you need to stand near it for a bit to hear all of the clicks of your load rearmed.

Also I noticed they added a small sound of inhaling which indicates that your health is refilled. it's very subtle but I play with headphones so I hear it clearly.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #1315
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I unlocked the UMP-45 last night and man, that has to be my new favorite gun. I was using the AK one which I have 3 gold stars for but man, this UMP is amazing. Now I'm done with the engineer unlocks so I can focus on better things like destroying more tanks, repairing vehicles, etc.

Anyway, I should know this but I thought I'd ask. How the heck does the tracer dart work?!?! I put it on helicopters and tanks or whatever vehicle is being used by the enemy. I use the second rocket lanucher that the engineers get. I aim the rocket at or near the tracer dart and shoot, the missle doesn't curve towards the dart, it just goes straight... I should know this because I've been using the engineer class since I first got the game -.- Could anyone clarify how this dart works cause I'm serious stumped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #1316
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

is there any way to see your own health bar?
Old 03-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #1317
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
is there any way to see your own health bar?

no... you only know you are lacking when the blood splatter is around the edges of your screen or when the colors dim... even when clear though you could have only half health so find a medkit or stay under cover as it takes a while for it to refill... also as I noted above, listen for the little sound of an inhale of breath. that means you are back to full health
Old 03-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #1318
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Also I noticed they added a small sound of inhaling which indicates that your health is refilled. it's very subtle but I play with headphones so I hear it clearly.
Good observation. I heard that too, but didn't know what it signified. That makes sense.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #1319
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
no... you only know you are lacking when the blood splatter is around the edges of your screen or when the colors dim... even when clear though you could have only half health so find a medkit or stay under cover as it takes a while for it to refill... also as I noted above, listen for the little sound of an inhale of breath. that means you are back to full health
ok thanks. and what about individual guns and their skill levels? on the AEK-971 i have a bronze star and it says kills to next: 21. does that mean in 21 kills i'll go up another and get bonus points?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #1320
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
ok thanks. and what about individual guns and their skill levels? on the AEK-971 i have a bronze star and it says kills to next: 21. does that mean in 21 kills i'll go up another and get bonus points?
I think it's a combination of kills with the gun and kind of a challenge for the gun like in CoD. With each star you get certain points. It's like 500 for bronze, 1000 silver (confirmation on this?) and 5000 for gold. I have 3 gold stars for the engineer AK sub machine gun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »