Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #1489
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yeah I can't stand the campers and spammers. I'm guessing no annoying grenade launchers either? I have been getting a lot of fun out of MW2 but one of the things really pissing me off is people firing off grenade launchers right at the beginning of the match. Some of the connection issues have been getting annoying as well.

The destruction in this game alone pretty much has me sold. I think I'm gonna try renting this out. Only thing is I have a feeling all the copies of the game will be rented, lol.
Grenade launchers aren't annoying. I use them a lot but only to blow up a wall or an entire building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
It's so weird, but I don't even get pissed when I die multiple times in a row on this game.
Yeah, I don't mind dying in this game. I'd throw a tantrum every time I get killed in the other game. I do however, get a little pissed at the respawning time.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #1490
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I also read somewhere that you see way more times where you die while killing the guy who shot you...Something about the dedicated servers and lack of that little bit of lag, in MW2 whoever's got the better connection will usually survive that battle. In BFBC2 I see pretty often where I run into someone, we both shoot at the same time, and we both die.

Just feels more legit, I dunno.

Like Dookie said, I don't really get pissed at dying. Usually I deserve it, or if I'm mad it's because my death lets them disarm the bomb (or arm it). I don't think there are any "cheap" deaths that really annoy me.

If a sniper keeps getting me, I take the long way behind him and calmly discuss my displeasure concerning his actions. Discuss with my knife, that is.
Absolutely agree with you guys on all accounts. I have a freakin' blast playing this game, whether I'm dying, killing, winning or losing. It's absolutely awesome.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #1491
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I also read somewhere that you see way more times where you die while killing the guy who shot you...Something about the dedicated servers and lack of that little bit of lag, in MW2 whoever's got the better connection will usually survive that battle. In BFBC2 I see pretty often where I run into someone, we both shoot at the same time, and we both die.

Just feels more legit, I dunno.

Like Dookie said, I don't really get pissed at dying. Usually I deserve it, or if I'm mad it's because my death lets them disarm the bomb (or arm it). I don't think there are any "cheap" deaths that really annoy me.

If a sniper keeps getting me, I take the long way behind him and calmly discuss my displeasure concerning his actions. Discuss with my knife, that is.
I love this part of the game, it's awesome when you see yourself fall to your death and at the sametime you see your opponent fall to their death.

Arica Harbour is one of those maps where there's always 2-3 guys up on the hills at the beginning of each game sniping, so I do what you do. Run to the right side, and then knife each one of them in the back. I usually tea bag one of them too since they can see me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #1492
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Ok this game just started catching my attention the last couple days. Haven't played it or watched too many videos but I scratched the surface with the first Bad Company game (before I had Live) and that was pretty fun.

Right now I'm in full MW2 mode and that game has got me into an addiction of online shooters and seeing all the destruction in this game has me really curious. So my question is....better than MW2?
It's mainly preference. Asking people in the BC2 thread if it's better than MW2 won't really get you anywhere. lol. Just read up on some reviews and watch more videos or even rent the game. I think IGN scored BC2 an 8.9(MW2 got a 9.5). Personally I think there's just as many campers if not more in BC2 than MW2(albeit it's more tactical camping but still). And there's still connection/server issues with this game. Just small little complaints here and there with BC2 and that's about it. I usually don't like BF games, but this one is definitely pretty good and something to look at. I too am still in full MW2 mode which is why I haven't bought BC2 yet. I only play it at friends. Once I start getting bored with MW2, I may buy this game(not sure when that's gonna be though as new maps are coming out for MW2 soon. ).

So as I said, mainly preference. BC2 is a much more slow paced team oriented game than MW2. If that sounds like something for you then you won't be disappointed. Just know that it'll probably take a bit for you to get used to BC2 because the gameplay and style of it is so different than MW2.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 03-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #1493
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

There is nothing, NOTHING better than sneaking up behind a sniper and killing them with a defibrillator.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #1494
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Its Atomic L3gend correct?

In my opinion, MW2 has a kickass progression system with great gameplay. but is more like everyman for himself in a arena.

This game is straight up War, with destructible environments great squad implementation and a good progression system as well. Lets not forget the Vehicles either!
Yeah I do love leveling up and all the challenges in MW2. It makes it addicting but so much of the other nonsense just ruins it. Plus I'm getting a little tired of most of the maps. Everyone pretty much always goes to the same spots every time and it just gets old. At least with this game the destruction will change things up and keep it fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Because deaths are legit now Same here, I remember dying from Commando+tac knife stuff in MW2, pissed the heck out of me. I die in this game, no biggie, just respawn and carry on where I left off.
Commando is easily one of the gayest perks in MW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Grenade launchers aren't annoying. I use them a lot but only to blow up a wall or an entire building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
This game is straight up War, with destructible environments great squad implementation and a good progression system as well. Lets not forget the Vehicles either!
Jesus this game sounds awesome. There's vehicles?

Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #1495
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Jesus this game sounds awesome. There's vehicles?
Tanks, ATVs, helis and a UAV plane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #1496
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

For anyone on the fence (get off that fence now!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »