Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #1505
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Well unluckily just like the MW2 thread my tips will probably just be left in the dust from all the massivbe piles of pages that will all become a conglomerate...but...

Tips:

- K/D does not matter, it is all about winning the game.
- Although it is all about winning the game, you have to be tactical about it..just don't go out there on attack and plant the bomb when you are the only one around to defend the station.
- The easiest start up kit I would say is either recon or medic, as you rack up tons of points on medic, but LMGs aren't exactly easy to use IMO...gotta burst fire..while on recon you get to see how to play and such as you watch other people doing their thing with another kit but only use on defense
- You are no help to your team if you are recon on offense.
- You are no help to your team if you are going to run out there being a hero on attack when you have 5 tickets(deaths) before your team loses trying to kill a ton of people etc.
- You are no help to your team if you leave your team behind to get somewhere quick before anyone else can get in the vehicle you are about to use.
- Try to get used to the vehicles by either getting in a private match with another newbie or in campaign, you don't want to get your team pissed when you get into your helicopter and end up just crashing it causing everyone to die...
- Be a team player, you do not have to be right next to everyone(frag soup if so), but be near them, so if one of them goes down as a medic, just pick them right up, or if they need health etc.
- To get some more points, maybe put an ammo box down if you are the assault class while moving towards the next base on a main path
- Use all that you can use...for example..snipers seem to never use their motion sensors...
- If you are assault, and on attack, use a smoke glauncher and set one right on the bomb, and plant.
- Try to avoid direct confrontation, a lot of the environment, you can not hide behind, whether because of it being able to be destroyed or because a lot of the time your head sticks out while crouching.

I will edit with more tips in a sec

Last edited by AnArtofWar; 03-08-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #1506
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I also read somewhere that you see way more times where you die while killing the guy who shot you...Something about the dedicated servers and lack of that little bit of lag, in MW2 whoever's got the better connection will usually survive that battle. In BFBC2 I see pretty often where I run into someone, we both shoot at the same time, and we both die.

Just feels more legit, I dunno.

Like Dookie said, I don't really get pissed at dying. Usually I deserve it, or if I'm mad it's because my death lets them disarm the bomb (or arm it). I don't think there are any "cheap" deaths that really annoy me.

If a sniper keeps getting me, I take the long way behind him and calmly discuss my displeasure concerning his actions. Discuss with my knife, that is.
yeah people HATE snipers. I snipe probably 95% of the time and noticed that in this game, even if I only killed someone once, they will go way out of their way even risking death several times just to get in my face and blow me away. I can tell they really wanted it bad when they empty an entire clip into my dead corpse even after they killed me via knife.

...The one thing that I wish was a bit better was the sound of people behind you or something similar to cue me a bit, just a tiny tiny bit. I wish I had a claymore, but the mortar strike is perfect after your team arms a bomb even just as a deterrent. but yeah going the long way around is satisfying, I'll do that too against other snipers if I can't counter them for any number of reasons.

I asked earlier but no one responded...has anyone even tried hardcore yet?
Old 03-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #1507
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Is there an easy way to play with more than 3 other people in multiple squads? In the Play with Friends mode, 4 is pretty easy. But I want to play with more than 4 people sometimes. Do you just have to go into a quick game and keep inviting people and hope there's room? The matchmaking in this game is pretty crappy.

Last edited by BroMontana82; 03-08-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #1508
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnArtofWar
Well unluckily just like the MW2 thread my tips will probably just be left in the dust from all the massivbe piles of pages that will all become a conglomerate...but...

Tips:

- K/D does not matter, it is all about winning the game.
- Although it is all about winning the game, you have to be tactical about it..just don't go out there on attack and plant the bomb when you are the only one around to defend the station.
- The easiest start up kit I would say is either recon or medic, as you rack up tons of points on medic, but LMGs aren't exactly easy to use IMO...gotta burst fire..while on recon you get to see how to play and such as you watch other people doing their thing with another kit but only use on defense
- You are no help to your team if you are recon on offense.
- You are no help to your team if you are going to run out there being a hero on attack when you have 5 tickets(deaths) before your team loses trying to kill a ton of people etc.
- You are no help to your team if you leave your team behind to get somewhere quick before anyone else can get in the vehicle you are about to use.
- Try to get used to the vehicles by either getting in a private match with another newbie or in campaign, you don't want to get your team pissed when you get into your helicopter and end up just crashing it causing everyone to die...
- Be a team player, you do not have to be right next to everyone(frag soup if so), but be near them, so if one of them goes down as a medic, just pick them right up, or if they need health etc.
- To get some more points, maybe put an ammo box down if you are the assault class while moving towards the next base on a main path
- Use all that you can use...for example..snipers seem to never use their motion sensors...
- If you are assault, and on attack, use a smoke glauncher and set one right on the bomb, and plant.
- Try to avoid direct confrontation, a lot of the environment, you can not hide behind, whether because of it being able to be destroyed or because a lot of the time your head sticks out while crouching.

I will edit with more tips in a sec
sorry dude, but that's bullroar. I pick people off defending the stations and light up the map with little red triangles so that it looks like a christmas tree. then when a station is armed I rain down mortar strikes directly on it making it impossible to disarm for that time. So how am I not helping my team? I'm also not dying very often when this is going on. I think it's working quite well actually.

I'd say almost the opposite...while on defence in certain maps or at least certain site locations it's best not to recon. Some of my most useless games as recon are actually conquest especially on some maps (even very big one i don't know the names of any of them lol)
Old 03-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #1509
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
sorry dude, but that's bullroar. I pick people off defending the stations and light up the map with little red triangles so that it looks like a christmas tree. then when a station is armed I rain down mortar strikes directly on it making it impossible to disarm for that time. So how am I not helping my team? I'm also not dying very often when this is going on. I think it's working quite well actually.

I'd say almost the opposite...while on defence in certain maps or at least certain site locations it's best not to recon. Some of my most useless games as recon are actually conquest especially on some maps (even very big one i don't know the names of any of them lol)
Yeah, I have an felling that he's talking about the other 98% of people that use the Sniper Class instead of the Recon Class.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #1510
Pro

OVR: 11

Hmm totally forgot about that, when someone else posted that I was actually thinking of that...but I think a newbie sniper wouldn't do that, or be good enough to. I would say 95% of the population on BFBC2 who snipe on attack probably are terrible at being recon. Mostly because they play as a sniper, and not recon. How you play it out makes you more of a recon player, when I notice most snipers just use mortar as an attack, don't help watch the bomb and so on.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:21 AM   #1511
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

What are tickets?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 AM   #1512
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30