Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #1521
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

I was in a chopper with someone who could fly very good. The 2 of us won the game single handed it seemed. All kinds of ribbons / awards kept popping up.

I was on a squad yesterday where it was me (Engineer) and 3 snipers The other team would plant a charge and all 3 of them would just sit there sniping. Even better was they were all in the same spot !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #1522
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
I must say, I hate playing against a team that knows how to use the helicopter. Go pick people up, keep two gunners and just drop people behind enemy lines to make people go ape ****? Yeah, It's a nightmare when you play another team that is organized.

Example: I just played a team that had almost perfect organization. I don't know if they all knew each other or what, but they had their tactics down. My team just wanted to sit back and snipe, not caring about the MCOM's or even helping others. I'm basically running through the battlefield reviving snipers and trying to take the MCOM's back myself. With Helicopters dropping people almost right on the damn things and tanks blowing all the cover for it, it's impossible to win.
Lol...I know what you mean, that's about the only way to get to the stations on the Laguna level, if you can't get in on a early rush, because the defenders have setup shop and just pick you off no matter what direction you come in.

@Heelsfan
Don't you hate that mess, everytime you spawn you have to start from the deployment area because they don't want to move up!!! I usually just leave the squad and try to join one later hoping I get a squad that actually moves up from the deployment area.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #1523
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
This one...

DAMN! That was hot, man. I suck at this game so bad, I can't wait until I pull out some illness like that.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #1524
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

You'll almost never see everyone rush like that at the same time though. Even though they should. They just trickle vehicles up here and there. Cuz then again, there's 5 guys sniping on the hill not even caring about obj.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #1525
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
You'll almost never see everyone rush like that at the same time though. Even though they should. They just trickle vehicles up here and there. Cuz then again, there's 5 guys sniping on the hill not even caring about obj.

One reason i enjoy this game so much is the endless ways to counter the opposition.

There are ways to take care of them snipers. I usually spot them then have a recon friend bring in a mortar strike. Done deal, everyone rushes in.

Or run their asses over with the hummers.

or grab the UAV and slam it into them

or distract them with few squadmates while a few others pick them off.

I am sure they have ways to counter my counters; that's the best part of the game.

heheh

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #1526
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi151
One reason i enjoy this game so much is the endless ways to counter the opposition.

There are ways to take care of them snipers. I usually spot them then have a recon friend bring in a mortar strike. Done deal, everyone rushes in.

Or run their asses over with the hummers.

or grab the UAV and slam it into them

or distract them with few squadmates while a few others pick them off.

I am sure they have ways to counter my counters; that's the best part of the game.

heheh
Probably the most legendary ending I've experienced is on Arica Harbor a few nights ago.

We were attacking on the second map. The one where OBJ A is that store front that is a total killzone. The street is wide open. W

We already had B and had about 4 tickets left. I jumped in a tank and I THINK Chase jumped in with me and I said we're just punching it. I floored the tank and watched our tickets dwindle. I'm like, "Don't anyone die!" So I got in front of the store front and shot once with the tank killing a dude in there, we booked out and placed the charge....and waitied.

I THINK Chase bought it and then Ohio appeared and we sat in there with 1 ticket left. I kept firing with my LMG as these guys ran in and dodged grenades and was down to 5 rounds but couldn't reload cuz it takes too long! One damned ticket left and the charge blows. We were like YES!!!!

So addicting....

Old 03-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #1527
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
epic battle

We had something similar happen ( port valdez rush i think?), except we armed the bomb, but began to lose it almost immediately. Some dude said "F this!" and came screaming out of nowhere with the abrams. He rammed the tank into the building just as the enemy got there and began defusing the bomb after killing a few of the people there.

the entire building went down after a tank blast, a ram then another blast ( it was in bad shape to begin with as that was the final objective). He then planted the tank as close to the bomb to use as a shield. I swear i wish i had an overhead view of the epic battle that broke out with the tank blowing up in our faces.

The building came crashing down on everyone. But the bomb went off, and we put on our sunglasses and road off into the sunset with another win!

Old 03-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #1528
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I love how when a building collapses around an M-COM station it's destroyed. You'll hear something like "Get the **** out of here, this things comin' down!"

This game is so intense. I can't say it enough!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »