Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #1681
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien

I suck, but I have fun and try to be a good teammate. I think a lot of my deaths come from worrying more about spotting and getting ammo to people and less about staying on the move or finding good cover.
I wish there was some way to track what you do for the team. K/D ratio is very deceiving of how good/bad a player is, as in every other game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #1682
Banned

OVR: 10

if anyone is on 360, add me. i usually run with at least 1-2 others. would be cool to fill up the squad or if im on alone be able to get into some OSers squads.

im a good medic and always going for the objectives, many times taking mcoms alone. yesterday in one of my matches, i immediately took the whole first set of mcoms in under 5mins...dont know the map names yet tho.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #1683
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I spend a lot my lives for objectives.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #1684
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien

I suck, but I have fun and try to be a good teammate. I think a lot of my deaths come from worrying more about spotting and getting ammo to people and less about staying on the move or finding good cover.

I feel your pain. I am like a walking human shield/med kit/reviver. I shoot only to get to someone i see needs help or to be revived or when the enemy is right on me. otherwise i follow teammates around and provide suppression fire as well as spot everything. I also run at an mcom to diffuse no questions asked, usually dying in the process, but buying enough time for others to get there.

I usually get shot up first in the group, even when hiding ( that's where the human shield piece comes in). Usually gives the others a chance to turn around and kill the enemy who fragged me.

Still though, there is no tangible way i can think of to measure the kind of player i am trying to be. That's why i am constantly thinking of just going back to basics in order to get better with k/d's. even though they mean nothing, people still look at that stat for whatever reason. Even i do, and subconsciously it makes me feel i am not doing enough to help the team.

Every time i die by mortar i have this pic in my head. Not sure why:

Last edited by Bacardi151; 03-12-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #1685
Banned

OVR: 29

I suppose SPM (score per minute) would be the best indicator for telling how good of a teammate you are.

A lower Kill/Death + high SPM would mean you are taking objectives, reviving, repairing, spotting, healing, and ammo filling. Or if you are on defense defending near the point, disarming or killing attackers.

Of course we would need to figure out what your average player is doing then we could make VoRSP (value over replacement squad player)

Also, I would imagine you would need to control whether it was a Squad action (which earns more points per action) than if you weren't in a squad.

Last edited by The C; 03-12-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #1686
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

My K/D was like .6 a few days ago, I had to make some adjustments to this game as I never played the first one and played BF2 on the PC.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #1687
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

PC

i find that the 360 version the bullet does a lot more damage...the pc takes almost a whole clip...
Old 03-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #1688
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
I suppose SPM (score per minute) would be the best indicator for telling how good of a teammate you are.

A lower Kill/Death + high SPM would mean you are taking objectives, reviving, repairing, spotting, healing, and ammo filling. Or if you are on defense defending near the point, disarming or killing attackers.

Of course we would need to figure out what your average player is doing then we could make VoRSP (value over replacement squad player)

Also, I would imagine you would need to control whether it was a Squad action (which earns more points per action) than if you weren't in a squad.
yea... I played some Squad deathmatch too and the slower pace of points (without the objectives or as many vehicles) brings SPM down a bit too. I was close to 200 SPM until I started playing SDM. But overall, you are correct that SPM is much greater indicator in Objective games as to your contribution to a WIN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »