Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #1713
Hall Of Fame
 
Jistic's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 16,404
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
So I just got it and have a couple questions for you guys, never played BF before. As a medic how do you heal someone? And I am color blind so I see blue guys and yellow guys. Which ones am I supposed to kill? I know sounds weird but those are the colors of peoples names, blue and yellow although it is probably not yellow. And what is the best to start as as a newb to bf? Medic, Assault etc??? Any tips? And last but not least, will you guys who don't mind a newb add me (cfiore99) PS3, I am a team player not a go running off. Thanks!!
Kill yellow
Green is your squad
Blue is your team but not your squad.

You heal by dropping med packs. You will have to unlock this. It's quickly though. At first, just kill people, take objectives and join a squad. You'll level up in no time.

Then you'll unlock your paddles and can revive. This is how medics rack up points quickly. If you do nothing but squad heal/revive, you'll rack up the points.
__________________
PSN: JISTIC_OS
XBOX LIVE: JISTIC

Jistic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #1714
Go Wings!
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 25,427
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Kill yellow
Green is your squad
Blue is your team but not your squad.

You heal by dropping med packs. You will have to unlock this. It's quickly though. At first, just kill people, take objectives and join a squad. You'll level up in no time.

Then you'll unlock your paddles and can revive. This is how medics rack up points quickly. If you do nothing but squad heal/revive, you'll rack up the points.
Yeah, I finally got my paddles yesterday, and makes being a medic a lot more fun! I used to be a medic back on RTCW, so it's cool being able to be one here as well...

Probably going to try the Engineer next though, get some rocket launchers so I have more options swapping kits (have red dot with assault, no clue if/how I can get red dot for medic or engineer).
__________________
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7009-7102-8818
mgoblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #1715
Hall Of Fame
 
Jistic's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 16,404
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Yeah, I finally got my paddles yesterday, and makes being a medic a lot more fun! I used to be a medic back on RTCW, so it's cool being able to be one here as well...

Probably going to try the Engineer next though, get some rocket launchers so I have more options swapping kits (have red dot with assault, no clue if/how I can get red dot for medic or engineer).
I've been done with the medic for awhile now, I still use him a lot. I am also gonna try to max out engineer next.

I don't like recon and don't really dig assault but I will max them out eventually.
__________________
PSN: JISTIC_OS
XBOX LIVE: JISTIC

Jistic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #1716
Be Massive
 
sportsdude's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,000
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

__________________
Lux y Veritas
sportsdude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #1717
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Dec 2003
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Kill yellow
Green is your squad
Blue is your team but not your squad.

You heal by dropping med packs. You will have to unlock this. It's quickly though. At first, just kill people, take objectives and join a squad. You'll level up in no time.

Then you'll unlock your paddles and can revive. This is how medics rack up points quickly. If you do nothing but squad heal/revive, you'll rack up the points.
Maybe that is my problem, with my colorblindness I don't see a yellow vs green, just blue and yellow/green. Can't differentiate the yellow and green. Crap. Why can't they make the colors just blue and say yellow or red. If you don't join a squad do you just have blue vs yellow?
cfiore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #1718
Hall Of Fame
 
Jistic's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 16,404
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
Maybe that is my problem, with my colorblindness I don't see a yellow vs green, just blue and yellow/green. Can't differentiate the yellow and green. Crap. Why can't they make the colors just blue and say yellow or red. If you don't join a squad do you just have blue vs yellow?
Here I'll make it easy for you. If you DON'T see a name on them at all...SHOOT!

You'll see names only when they'be been spotted. Also remember they'll have a different uniform than you.
__________________
PSN: JISTIC_OS
XBOX LIVE: JISTIC

Jistic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #1719
Hall Of Fame
 
Phobia's Arena
 
OVR: 63
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisiana, Lafayette
Posts: 11,633
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
Maybe that is my problem, with my colorblindness I don't see a yellow vs green, just blue and yellow/green. Can't differentiate the yellow and green. Crap. Why can't they make the colors just blue and say yellow or red. If you don't join a squad do you just have blue vs yellow?
Ok I think I know your problem

Enemies don't have a color above their character UNLESS you are right near them pointing your cross hair on them OR they been spoted it will be a little red triangle.

So with that said I think this is what you are seeing.

Blue - Teammates
Yellow I bet is really green - Which is SQUAD mates
No color above them - ENEMY light them up
Little triangle above their head - LIGHT IT UP, ENEMY
Phobia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #1720
Pro
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

__________________
Michigan Wolverines
NY JETS
NY Mets
NY Knicks :(

tj1182 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Top -