Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #1873
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Ditto on the frustration with assaults not dropping ammo.

The most frustrating was on Port Valdez. We were backed up defending the last 2 MCOMS and I had mines planted everywhere racking up kills. I'd spam any assault guy I could find begging for ammo and none to be found. All the while in running around disarming charges because I have no clue what half my team is doing not defending the immediate area.

I understand the game is still new but if you are going to deathmatch COD style, at least stick to Conquest as at least when your team gets owned the game still lasts. There's nothing mor frustrating than getting an MCOM blown up in the opening minutes if the match because all the "defenders" run away from the area looking for kills.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #1874
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
Ditto on the frustration with assaults not dropping ammo.

The most frustrating was on Port Valdez. We were backed up defending the last 2 MCOMS and I had mines planted everywhere racking up kills. I'd spam any assault guy I could find begging for ammo and none to be found. All the while in running around disarming charges because I have no clue what half my team is doing not defending the immediate area.

I understand the game is still new but if you are going to deathmatch COD style, at least stick to Conquest as at least when your team gets owned the game still lasts. There's nothing mor frustrating than getting an MCOM blown up in the opening minutes if the match because all the "defenders" run away from the area looking for kills.
Nothing is pissing me off more right now than bad snipers. Specifically people playing as snipers in Rush when on the attacking team. When it's late in the match and the MCOMS need to be destroyed or it's game over... a bunch of snipers sitting on the other side of the map are of ZERO use. They're so useless unless the player using them is very talented.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #1875
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Nothing is pissing me off more right now than bad snipers. Specifically people playing as snipers in Rush when on the attacking team. When it's late in the match and the MCOMS need to be destroyed or it's game over... a bunch of snipers sitting on the other side of the map are of ZERO use. They're so useless unless the player using them is very talented.
I agree with this. I focus 90% of my time on assault class and I was having a stellar game last night(for me lol). I went 38/6 on a hard core realism server. Well I was planting on the MCOM and would run back and setup to defend them from defusing. My squad mates were snipers all the way across the map. I kept telling them "If you going to snipe, you got to keep them off the MCOM. If you don't have the sniping skills, pick another class and help out some other way". NONE of them listened and I had to do all the work myself. Which I managed to win the game basically single handedly. Which in itself made me feel good, but iterated at how stupid some people are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #1876
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
Extra-ditto for Recon class people, quit being stingy w/your motion sensors and toss them around Mcons so we know where they enemy is hiding before we set the charge and so we know where to pick them off as they run in to defuse the charge. Plus you get points for the "motion-mine assist". If an Assault class guy is a team player he will drop an ammo pack by you and you can replenish!!
that's why i love assualt ammo guy's because if i'm sniping through a window, a smart guy will give me ammo and I now have at least 6 motion mines! normally you only get 2 and they really don't last a super long time. the ammo also helps the recon class because if you detect motion it's usually near you and you have extra grenades to throw too...

I find though that a lot of people ignore the map anyway...i've had times where I had 5 people lit up by the motion mine and no one cared. (in domination near one of our points)
Old 03-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #1877
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Which is why they need to make rush winner worth more than 100 points. There's no incentive for those snipers to rush.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #1878
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Which is why they need to make rush winner worth more than 100 points. There's no incentive for those snipers to rush.
my strategy is always to try and pick off people near the stations, but when someone triggers it, to immediately mortar right on it and then try to see enemies not just rushing the station, but looking to kill the guy(s) who set it off - when they live is when you usually bring down the station.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #1879
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Do the anti tank mines still work after you die?

Fish - Did you have a mic on last night? I've been having a ton of trouble with my mic lately. I never heard anyone, so I wasn't sure.

I had my best night last night (points wise) I was only getting about 4-8 kills (sometimes more deaths) but I was racking up 1500 points or more a game. I was mostly playing as medic and I had a blast running around droping health packs and reviving people.
I didn't have my mic in, I will try to remember in the future. YOu definitely revived me more than a few times!!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #1880
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
It's not just that. They spend 10-15 minutes sniping during a round and walk away with a few hundred points. How are they not bored? Meanwhile I'm at the front lines with the guys who are actually playing the game and we're racking up several times as many kills and points. Maybe one of those "EPIC FAIL" flags should come up if you play an entire round and don't score more than a thousand points. It's impossible to score less than that if you're playing the game properly and aren't up against significantly superior opponents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »