Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-22-2010, 01:28 AM   #2169
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnArtofWar
If you get someone who is really good with it, then you are screwed-alt ammo and such and they move around with it and such, and you can still move while using the rocket if they are really that good, it's really only a pain on Nelson Bay though...seeing as it barely has almost any HMGs...and tanks are annoying only because of bad teammates/engineers who are constantly repairing it so that one competent engineer/recon or you cannot take it out.

And...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=54021721

Looks like the M60(This thing you can snipe with..) is being tweaked...M1911...AA...donno why the AA is being "rebalanced" though. I hope they tweak the shotgun sniping though, I am guessing they just are keeping it on the DL...or bleh..

http://twitter.com/demize99
I got a good chuckle out of the first link. Seems like you join up with that team about half the time.

As for the balancing, I too hope they fix the shotgun sniping because that's something that could definitely be exploited. The thing is, I doubt too many people know about it. I can only think of one time where I was killed by it. Every other time I was killed by a shotgun the guy was in what I would consider shotgun range.

And a question about smoke grenades. I've started to try to use these more often but I was curious if it's possible to be spotted in the smoke? Like, say I smoke objective A on a rush map, arm the charge and sit in the smoke, could a recon spot me? Or would the only way to spot me be if an enemy came charging into the smoke and spotted me up close before I shot his face off?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #2170
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude

And a question about smoke grenades. I've started to try to use these more often but I was curious if it's possible to be spotted in the smoke? Like, say I smoke objective A on a rush map, arm the charge and sit in the smoke, could a recon spot me? Or would the only way to spot me be if an enemy came charging into the smoke and spotted me up close before I shot his face off?
No they cant spot you.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 AM   #2171
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
No they cant spot you.
well for sure smoke does remove spots if you were previously spotted as well as removes any tracer darts that were placed on you or your vehicle. I didn't think based on that fact that you could spot someone in smoke (if they are unseen). I have yet to be able to do it at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #2172
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Man tonight I did the best I have ever done on any map. Started out as an defender on Arica Harbor (Hate the map) and got into an tank, managed to take out 4-5 tanks with it and about 3-4 people. Finally got blown up so I retreated. I was an engineer and had AT Mines everywhere. While I was retreating I got another 2 tank kills from my AT mines. They took the Com Points and the team and I retreated down to the town, the whole time Im running down Im laying more AT mines. Finally make it down to the botton and wait in a building. Get 2 more tank kills along with an Humvee. We manage to hold the tation until late into thier reinforcements but they managed to finally take them. (I looked at my score and it was around 3,000 already) They broke through to the final stations and I was continuing my luck with the AT mines and kills. Hoped in the turret and wrecked in it until an UAV took me out. The game finally ended when one of thier tanks rolled in and we couldnt do anything about it being pinned down. They won. I looked at my score and it was 5895! Total score was around 28000! Had so many medals that it took a bit to show up. Then I remembered my Kills and deaths. By the time I remembered to it was to late and I hit A already..... Wish there was like an Halo site that tracked matches.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 03-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #2173
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
I got a good chuckle out of the first link. Seems like you join up with that team about half the time.

As for the balancing, I too hope they fix the shotgun sniping because that's something that could definitely be exploited. The thing is, I doubt too many people know about it. I can only think of one time where I was killed by it. Every other time I was killed by a shotgun the guy was in what I would consider shotgun range.
believe me, a lot of people know. i've been sniped by a shotgun across the map many a time by a guy in a ghillie suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
I was an engineer and had AT Mines everywhere. I looked at my score and it was 5895! Total score was around 28000!
it's all about the AT mines. i had a similar round once that lasted forever and it was great.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #2174
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Not very many people are talking - I find it kind of weird. There were plenty of people willing to talk on MW2, but I've only run into a handful of people talking. I think the problem is that you can only talk to your squad and not the whole team.
I think it's because of the spotting feature as well, as long as everybody is doing their part you will have most of the enemy identified on the map. Also (again assuming here), if people pay attention to the mini-map they will know who needs ammo/med kits and recon guys should be throwing their motion mines out. So I guess a lot of things can be communicated w/o having to talk. I usually just leave my mic on mute, until I figure out if my squad wants to talk or not.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #2175
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
believe me, a lot of people know. i've been sniped by a shotgun across the map many a time by a guy in a ghillie suit.
guess I've just been lucky so far. I'm a level 23, so I have played a lot which is why I'm little surprised I haven't seen it more often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #2176
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
guess I've just been lucky so far. I'm a level 23, so I have played a lot which is why I'm little surprised I haven't seen it more often.
I've only seen it once too, and I think I've only had 1 maybe 2 kills with it from long range. Once was totally by accident, the other was pure luck I felt.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »