Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #2305
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
Yeah some of the conversations they have are ridiculous! I played I think the third or fourth level where you start in the boat and have to stop where it's blocked by the wood scraps and there's an ammo crate on the right shore. In between I stopped and had to do something, I come back a couple minutes later and they're arguing about who would win between Hulk Hogan vs. Chuck Liddell LMAO. When I heard them arguing I was like WTH did I just miss, lol.
lol you should hear the 50 cent convo with Haggard and the Sergeant Redford...

"Serg why does the black man say fitty cent rather than fifty?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
allegedly the AA guns are getting a boost eventually.... I say, good.
good! i think the mounted guns on the Humvee and Vodnick should get a boost for taking down choppers to....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #2306
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Played and finished the SP story last night. I liked the guys and commentary but combat was a tad annoying with how the enemy AI interacted with our encounters. The AI seemed to only target me and not the other guys in the squad for whatever reason. My squad AI was a bit annoying as well with the lack of shooting they did for the majority of the story. There was a few times I would look at them and they would be facing a pillar or wall just talking.

Seemed like a very light story compared to the first installment, or its just been a long time since I played the first BC.
I agree with you.......it just seems like they really skimped on the SP experience this time around. It feels disjointed in many places and I do not understand why they did that since a lot of effort was placed in the first one. Granted they figure people will pick this up for the MP over the SP aspect, but it just kind of sucked with the route they took.

I had a blast playing MP last night, some good games against fellow OS guys.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #2307
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Had one of the most annoying matches tonight. The other team would steal our chopper and not lose it while having the one they started with also. Once the chopper was finally down they would still find a way to steal it again.
I had a smilar experience with base campers last time I played. On some maps if one side gets all the vehicles its tough.
Maybe they should make it so vehicles spawning at your base cannot be driven by the other team?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #2308
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Had one of the most annoying matches tonight. The other team would steal our chopper and not lose it while having the one they started with also. Once the chopper was finally down they would still find a way to steal it again. Incredibly annoying and what is even worse is the AA gun does ****. No accuracy, no damage and not even a consisten fire rate.
Were you playing conquest, the one with the boat and the AA guns in the middle?

Because it seems like a lot of people just want to steal Heli's rather than actually playing the game. Unfortunately, they camp there and kill anyone around the area.

Urban Meyer is a god.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #2309
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

That third map on Port Valdez is becoming an issue. If the Bradley and Chopper get up quick on defense at that choke point, it's game over for the offense.

The defense can press and you can't do anything with that chopper up there raping you. They need to balance that better.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #2310
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
That third map on Port Valdez is becoming an issue. If the Bradley and Chopper get up quick on defense at that choke point, it's game over for the offense.

The defense can press and you can't do anything with that chopper up there raping you. They need to balance that better.
Yeah it's portions like that, where the lack of communication w/the entire team hurts. When they get setup like that, you pretty much need an entire team rush at the same time, because coming 3-5 at a time doesn't work and you just get mowed down over and over again. If you could have the whole team go at once w/some smoke grenades to help it could work, yes some people would die, but as long as some make it through everybody else could spawn off of them.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #2311
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

ran into some annoying **** last night online. In rush, was playing as a defender on Valparaiso and the attackers never attacked. I wondered, where the heck are these guys? And yet our m-coms were getting destroyed, fairly quickly too. I then saw why it was happening. The attackers would strap something like 10-12 sticks of C4 on the UAV, then fly it to one of the m-coms and hover right above as the C4 was detonated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #2312
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Agreed, but that won't happen. The chopper is just over powered. Gotta make it easier to take it down.

Funny at first that would never happen, but people are now learning the maps and everyone defense rushes there.

I also see people up top to the right of the second map in Port Valdez. Right before OBJ B. I have no idea how they got up there, unless they jumped off the tree by the tall building near OBJ A on the first map. Must've. Thing is I couldn't mortar them there either.

They should not allow you to run up trees like that.

Any word on any patch at all for this game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »