Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 02:53 AM   #233
Go Wings!
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 25,427
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Coral Sea is the bomb (literally and figuratively )! It makes you learn the flight controls fast, and eventually I was getting better at killing and not crashing. Still have to learn how to lead them a bit better to get more kills, but when I first started flying I'd crash all the time.

It's a fun flight sim, definitely feeds my dogfight desire...
__________________
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7009-7102-8818
mgoblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:30 AM   #234
Hall Of Fame
 
LingeringRegime's Arena
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17,153
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
Wow. Somehow this one completely flew under my radar. I didn't have the slightest clue of what this game was or when it was coming out. Just read through most of this thread, and 1943 looks like a blast.. I was really into BC for a while, so I think I'd probably like it.

How's it running on the PS3 side? You guys seemed pretty pissed when this first came out, have things smoothed out since then?

I was just starting to get back into Killzone 2, but maybe I'll run with this instead. I don't think I have the room in my life for 2 FPSs and The Show.
As for the PS3 side, I have had no issues at all with this game. Since it's release I never had connection issues at all. This is quickly becoming the best bargain on the PSN with Wipeout HD being a very close second, and Warhawk right behind.
LingeringRegime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:31 AM   #235
Hall Of Fame
 
LingeringRegime's Arena
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17,153
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Coral Sea is the bomb (literally and figuratively )! It makes you learn the flight controls fast, and eventually I was getting better at killing and not crashing. Still have to learn how to lead them a bit better to get more kills, but when I first started flying I'd crash all the time.

It's a fun flight sim, definitely feeds my dogfight desire...
Sounds good. Definitely can't wait for it to be unlocked for us soon.
LingeringRegime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #236
Extra Life 11/3/18
 
ExtremeGamer's Arena
 
OVR: 70
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 35,331
Blog Entries: 32
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Coral Sea is the bomb (literally and figuratively )! It makes you learn the flight controls fast, and eventually I was getting better at killing and not crashing. Still have to learn how to lead them a bit better to get more kills, but when I first started flying I'd crash all the time.

It's a fun flight sim, definitely feeds my dogfight desire...
Agree, it's actually one of the better flight sims out there right now. If this had subs, it would have been a dream game (just couldn't get into Battlestations Pacific)
__________________

Mixer Stream



XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

ExtremeGamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #237
Go Wings!
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 25,427
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Agree, it's actually one of the better flight sims out there right now. If this had subs, it would have been a dream game (just couldn't get into Battlestations Pacific)
It's refreshing to just have bullets and not missiles...that kinda makes a flight sim sorta boring/frantic. It's fun to fly and try and get guys in your sights. Once you learn the left stick and right stick controls (as well as feathering the throttle) it's easy to control and turn. I need to learn bombing run aiming better, but for a downloaded game so cheap it's pretty deep.

I also like with the game that the map's so big and you're just going for control points, compared to the normal CoD type multiplayer...this is something I'm more likely to pick up and play, especially since I can't trade it in lol
__________________
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7009-7102-8818
mgoblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #238
LORDTHUNDERBIRD
 
Pappy Knuckles's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 15,814
Blog Entries: 33
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

I've already played this game waaaaaaaaaay more than any other arcade title that I've purchased. I went from struggling to get a kill the first couple of days to having a 22 kill round the other night. I'm always in a party with my friends when I play this, which is probably good because I find myself getting hyped up and talking a bunch of **** after taking someone out with a good kill lol.

I'm kind of disappointed in the new map. I would've rather them just give us another one for the capture the flag mode. I mean it's cool for what it is, but eh. I enjoy flying planes and having dog fights, but I doubt I'll play that mode much. This game is pretty popular so I'm hoping that eventually they give us like 3,4 more maps in DLC. I'd have no problem paying for it.
Pappy Knuckles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #239
Showtime
 
Jukeman's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 10,970
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
your welcome, Im probably 70%of the kills.
Yea me too LOL, well maybe the 30%
Jukeman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #240
MVP
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I've already played this game waaaaaaaaaay more than any other arcade title that I've purchased. I went from struggling to get a kill the first couple of days to having a 22 kill round the other night. I'm always in a party with my friends when I play this, which is probably good because I find myself getting hyped up and talking a bunch of **** after taking someone out with a good kill lol.

I'm kind of disappointed in the new map. I would've rather them just give us another one for the capture the flag mode. I mean it's cool for what it is, but eh. I enjoy flying planes and having dog fights, but I doubt I'll play that mode much. This game is pretty popular so I'm hoping that eventually they give us like 3,4 more maps in DLC. I'd have no problem paying for it.
I agree. I was really into BF 1942 on the PC and even then I hardly enjoyed Coral Sea very much. I'm really hoping that they add at least one more map because there are still some gems that they haven't included. Either way the four maps that are playable are very entertaining and when you have a good squad going then the game is truly fun. Hopefully this game will survive another month or two so that EA will feel the need to add more maps. Until then Wake is really all that I need to have a good time.
WeLLWeLL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 PM.

Top -