Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #2425
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

DICE: "We Don't Ever Want To Charge For Our Battlefield Maps"

Quote:
Presumably as a direct response to the 1200 Microsoft Point pricetag slapped on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's Stimulus Map Pack, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 developer DICE has pledged never to charge players for downloadable maps.
MW2's Stimulus Map Pack was released on March 30th, but ran into a few snags before it was actually available for players to use properly. Battlefield: Bad Company 2's free VIP 2 Map Pack went live on the same day, and EA appears to be happy with the arrangement. For now that is. It remains to be seen how long EA will allow this to be the case.
"We don't ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together," DICE senior producer Patrick Bach told Xbox World 360 magazine.
Bach then went on to tell the magazine that "generous" amounts of DLC is planned for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
I hope they stick to their word. I think this is a good Marketing strategy especially after the stunt Infinity ward pulled by over charging for their map pack without fixing that mess they call a game. I just hope it's not just rehashes of Conquest/Rush maps already in the game.
NY Knicks :(

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #2426
Pro

OVR: 11

It really is a great idea...and i totally doubt it'll be rehashes for most of the time for now on.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #2427
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
I think I played the new rush map about 10 times an the attacking team has only won once. They hardly even make it to the bridge.
Really? I've only seen the attackers lose ONCE. Just flank like crazy and spawn on squads and you got 12 guys behind the defenders.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #2428
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Well we have to remember that it's up to the publisher. DICE says they don't want to charge but it's up to EA. The same thing happened to Infinity Ward, the publisher (Activision) set that outrageous price.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #2429
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Really? I've only seen the attackers lose ONCE. Just flank like crazy and spawn on squads and you got 12 guys behind the defenders.
Yep thats exactly what they try to do. I put anti tank mines in the water near the shore in the back. When they try to flank BOOM, their goes the boat an everyone on it lol.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #2430
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

So.... according to the stats page, I have 6 kills with the quad, but only 2 roadkills. I know I didn't shoot anyone sitting in the passenger seat as I don't even bother. I would just hop out instead and shoot.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #2431
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
So.... according to the stats page, I have 6 kills with the quad, but only 2 roadkills. I know I didn't shoot anyone sitting in the passenger seat as I don't even bother. I would just hop out instead and shoot.
Does C4 count?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #2432
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Have to try this...

Quote:
DICE informed us at PAX East that it will continue to support its hit title Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with patching -- however, one thing it won't "fix" is players accidentally picking up kits from corpses when trying to activate M-COM stations in rush mode. With millions of copies sold so far, the kit kerfuffle is a problem we've consistently heard and experienced. Little did we know that there's been a remedy to the issue all along, as Bad Company 2 producer Gordon Van **** told us that players can press the M-COM activation button early. He expressed that BC2 players should spread the word.

It turns out that if players hold the M-COM activation button (example: the B button on Xbox 360) before the prompt displays, they'll be able to initiate (or deactivate) the station once in range. This avoids the frustration of picking up kits off the stacks of bodies that inevitably pile up next to the boxes. It's a rather simple solution to one of the most frustrating elements in the excellent multiplayer shooter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »