Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #2489
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase89
It has something to do with helping the engineer class guys, I think. It allows them to lock onto vehicles/choppers.. I could be wrong ?
It allows them to track down infantry too. It's great to shoot a tracer dart at someone before you knife them from behind. It's +30 for the tracer and +50 for the kill.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #2490
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
If they're literally not doing anything, but shooting.. I could understand.

If they're spotting, dropping mortars, motion mines, etc... I don't understand.

When I'm sniping, I move up when the M-com's are destroyed. When our team plants a charge, I'll rain down mortar strikes. I also use the spot scope perk, or whatever you call it. It helps out picking out enemies for your' team mates.

Sometimes, I'll rock the svu with a 4x scope so I can get closer to the action.. it just depends.
These guys were just sitting in the back, not moving up, not watching an mcom or anything, they were just racking up kills. I was literally the only person on the whole team who was even making an attempt to arm them. After I kept tagging one of the guys on my squad he finally switched to being a medic and joined me in trying to get **** done, but there was no way we were winning by then and the other guy still just kept sitting in the back trying to rack up kills.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #2491
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
It allows them to track down infantry too. It's great to shoot a tracer dart at someone before you knife them from behind. It's +30 for the tracer and +50 for the kill.
That's just wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #2492
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Yup, I have only done it a few times. I didn't know you can tag people until I was just running up the mountain on Port Valdez and was just shooting tracer darts at everyone. The +30 doesn't really help you rank fast, so I don't bother. I'm just killing them with either the pistol going for platinum or knife them.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #2493
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

the tracer dart is very useful if you can stick one on a chopper. it also helps out for a solid hit on any vehicle.

and yeah, if a sniper or a whole bunch are hanging back doing nothing but going for kills, especially when attacking, i think that idea is pretty good...hilarious actually. but if it's legit recon and helping the team, i wouldn't do it.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #2494
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
These guys were just sitting in the back, not moving up, not watching an mcom or anything, they were just racking up kills. I was literally the only person on the whole team who was even making an attempt to arm them. After I kept tagging one of the guys on my squad he finally switched to being a medic and joined me in trying to get **** done, but there was no way we were winning by then and the other guy still just kept sitting in the back trying to rack up kills.
I hate playing with randoms.

I was on a squad earlier, two snipers, an assault, and I was a medic. It was the second set of M-COM'S and this guy was in the opposite building from A and A had been planted. I spawned on him, and he was sniping from out the window and he literally sat there shooting aimlessly while me and the assault guy died and the M-com exploded. Any self respecting player would have said **** it and took off with a pistol

rather then watch the **** blow up.. I really don't understand people sometimes.

edit: we were on defense too.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #2495
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
I hate playing with randoms.

I was on a squad earlier, two snipers, an assault, and I was a medic. It was the second set of M-COM'S and this guy was in the opposite building from A and A had been planted. I spawned on him, and he was sniping from out the window and he literally sat there shooting aimlessly while me and the assault guy died and the M-com exploded. Any self respecting player would have said **** it and took off with a pistol

rather then watch the **** blow up.. I really don't understand people sometimes.

edit: we were on defense too.
this sort of thing is absolutely the worst. i wish there was a way to penalize people like this or avoid them easily. i would have tracer darted that guy in that case.

i really wish there were an easier way to play with more people you know instead of just 1 squad. this is one my biggest gripes about the game. i still play MW2 sometimes b/c a lot more people i know play and i have a huge regular group of 10 or so where we can all go in and play together when we want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #2496
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
this sort of thing is absolutely the worst. i wish there was a way to penalize people like this or avoid them easily. i would have tracer darted that guy in that case.

i really wish there were an easier way to play with more people you know instead of just 1 squad. this is one my biggest gripes about the game. i still play MW2 sometimes b/c a lot more people i know play and i have a huge regular group of 10 or so where we can all go in and play together when we want.
what if you invite a few friends make a squad, then all of you choose "leave squad" from the menu, then each of you invite other friends via the squad menu and then all of you leave again? You don't HAVE to be in a squad, it just sucks when you have to spawn because you start from the beginning, but everybody not in a squad can talk to one another.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »