Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #257
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Not so sure the game was killed because of that. Maybe it killed it for you, but I still play it and never have trouble finding games with full squads.
I was talking about myself and my clan but the issues I mentioned affected many people. If you personally choose to ignore them that's on you obviously. I was just posting my opinion on what made me and my clan dump the game about 3 weeks into it is all. I could have been more clear on that. The game definitely didn't die from these things but it definitely fell off because of them. I don't think it ever got anywhere near as popular as it could have been. The issues I mentioned had a hand in that wouldn't you say?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #258
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
OMG
My thoughts exactly. Time to put on a new pair of pants.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #259
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
I was talking about myself and my clan but the issues I mentioned affected many people. If you personally choose to ignore them that's on you obviously. I was just posting my opinion on what made me and my clan dump the game about 3 weeks into it is all. I could have been more clear on that. The game definitely didn't die from these things but it definitely fell off because of them. I don't think it ever got anywhere near as popular as it could have been. The issues I mentioned had a hand in that wouldn't you say?
No, I think you're right to an extent. Those issues just never bothered me personally and I had a lot of fun with this game. Can't wait for this game to be out...it looks fantastic.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #260
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Holy... ****. The sounds alone are amazing. That grenade launcher to the window made me shake my head
Old 10-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #261
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #262
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

DICE Reassures Fans That Battlefield Won't Go the Way of Call of Duty

Quote:
The outpouring of hardcore PC gamers crying foul over the move to a matchmaking system in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has caught the attention of developers other than Infinity Ward. DICE, the team behind the Battlefield series, has no doubt seen the outrage and has posted an FAQ outlining some of the policies they have in place for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC. Namely, DICE will be sticking with the traditional dedicated server, server browser-based online multiplayer setup that Battlefield fans have become accustomed to over the years.

After outlining why the peer-to-peer alternative to the dedicated server route that they're taking is the inferior choice, DICE took what you might consider to be a bit of a dig at Infinity Ward, saying, "So rest assured PC players, Battlefield will stay true to its roots offering dedicated servers to all its players and continue the tradition of the ultimate FPS gaming experience!"

Among the items addressed in the FAQ are the fact that, yes, you will be able to still rent a dedicated server; you can control admin options remotely; you can reserve spots on your server; you can make a server private; and all servers will be required to run anti-cheat software. Basically, every complaint that gamers were throwing at Infinity Ward over the new Modern Warfare 2 IWNet system -- whether it's actually something that IWNet provides or not -- is touched on to reassure gamers that the next Battlefield game will fall in line with the hardcore's expectations.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is set for release on March 2, 2010.
More PC Perks

Quote:
EAzerk16 also points out that some of the gameplay differences, like adding the prone position and the increased player count, are simply due to technical restrictions between the console and PC versions:

DICE feels that because the console versions of the game is at such a lower resolution (1280x720), compared to PC resolutions (as high as 2560x1600), that prone was breaking the fast paced action of the game and that it was too camper friendly. When DICE played with prone on consoles other players were nearly impossible to see while prone (until it was too late), and the matches often resulted in a camping festival between the defending team and the attacking team, complete with smores and campfire songs. The overall atmosphere felt slow, and the game wasn’t at its full fast-paced potential. When DICE played the matches with the prone turned off, it forced camping players to put more thought into their hiding spots, and it gave the attackers less of a disadvantage being able to see who was shooting at them and resulted in more fast paced gameplay.

Regarding player count on the pc…PC's for obvious reason have much more powerful tech, thus allowing much more flexibility with things such as increased player count, so it would be flat out stupid to not take advantage of this and make the game more worthy of being on the PC instead of a direct port from a console version. You may say that this isn't fair, but it really is and everything balances out (hey, we don't get a slick Xbox LIVE interface and if I wanted that then I should play the xbox version). If you wanted a more powerful game, you should have bought a more powerful platform, plain and simple.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #263
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition Announced

Quote:
Available while supplies last, the Limited Edition version of the game will be sold at the same price as the standard version of the game with participating retailers in North America on March 2, 2010 and in Europe on March 5, 2010.

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition delivers six special customizations early to give players a day one advantage in multiplayer matches. Four vehicle warfare unlocks will immediately enhance the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 best-in-class online vehicle warfare experience, delivering extra firepower, radar, and armor for the vehicles. Additionally, the tracer dart attaches to any enemy vehicle and allows RPG-toting teammates to track, lock on, and destroy their adversary. Seasoned veterans of Battlefield 1943™ will be able to immediately re-acquaint themselves with two classic and highly powerful weapons, the M1A1 submachine gun and the M1911 pistol.

New Screens

Old 11-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #264
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – PS3 Beta Begins November 19

Quote:
Today we’re excited to announce that our forthcoming multiplayer beta is coming exclusively to PS3, so you’ll have a chance to experience all the action, destruction and vehicular warfare ahead of our full release in March 2010.

Starting on November 19, the beta will feature the huge ‘Arica Harbour’ map where up to 24 players compete to secure valuable crates in the ‘Rush’ game mode as the action moves across a variety of different locations. From an initial vehicle assault on a military outpost the war winds through streets of a deserted town to an intense final fire-fight in an industrial harbour.

Getting access to the beta will differ from country to country, but here are a few specific ways of getting hold of a key:
  • We’ll be holding a special limited giveaway right here on the PlayStation Blog (details TBA)
  • Pre-ordering the game at participating retailer
  • Checking out selected gaming sites such as IGN or GameSpot in North America.

That’s it for now…although if you have any questions then let me know. Be sure to check back here tomorrow when we have a brand Battlefield: Bad Company 2 new trailer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »