Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2010, 04:39 AM   #2809
Pro

sharks's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This game really is too fun. So glad I traded Call of Duty for this.

This game is more realistic in many ways. I love the strategy and challenge. This is one of the top games I have ever played online.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #2810
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
Yeah that is a big mistake on DICE part. They are assuming their core fan base will continue to love this game that late in it's life. Especially if they aren't adding any new maps and I don't consider them releasing the same maps but for different game types as being new.
The trailer said Winter 2010, I mean most of winter 2010 has already passed so I am going to assume they meant Nov-DEc 2010 which is technically fall, and I mean, Business 101, get it out in time for xmas.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #2811
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

I didn't mean to say that releasing the expansion pack then will be a really bad mistake. I was more so trying top convey the need to release some new maps for the game before then.

I know they have onslaught mode which they plan to make available but a lot of the maps that we have now are getting stale and releasing the same maps but just for different game modes wont keep the disc in a lot of consoles until the Vietnam expansion comes out.

Some people by the time vietnam comes out may have moved on to other shooters and the vietnam may not be a high priority on their list if they wait to long to release it. i plan on buying Vietnam because i love BC2 but a lot of my friends have gotten bored with BC2 because the maps are getting stale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #2812
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Two nights in a row where the game ended in a crash for me. I don't understand how the game is less stable now then before. Lag is way worse, crashing and freezing. But yet I still play cuz I love the game.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #2813
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

hmm played on the 360 version and both were lagless games...except for that one map with the helicopters at both ends there were a few hicups at times but still playable...
Old 06-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #2814
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
hmm played on the 360 version and both were lagless games...except for that one map with the helicopters at both ends there were a few hicups at times but still playable...
There is out of my expectation from the good impression for the previous version.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #2815
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
I didn't mean to say that releasing the expansion pack then will be a really bad mistake. I was more so trying top convey the need to release some new maps for the game before then.

I know they have onslaught mode which they plan to make available but a lot of the maps that we have now are getting stale and releasing the same maps but just for different game modes wont keep the disc in a lot of consoles until the Vietnam expansion comes out.

Some people by the time vietnam comes out may have moved on to other shooters and the vietnam may not be a high priority on their list if they wait to long to release it. i plan on buying Vietnam because i love BC2 but a lot of my friends have gotten bored with BC2 because the maps are getting stale.
this.

I really enjoyed Battlefield BC 2 and still plan on putting in some quality time with the multiplayer. But by the time the Vietnam expansion comes out, that will be low on my totem pole behind games like Halo Reach, Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, FIFA 11, etc. The Vietnam expansion just won't be worth it at that point, especially considering early 2011 brings me Bulletstorm and Gears 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #2816
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
this.

I really enjoyed Battlefield BC 2 and still plan on putting in some quality time with the multiplayer. But by the time the Vietnam expansion comes out, that will be low on my totem pole behind games like Halo Reach, Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, FIFA 11, etc. The Vietnam expansion just won't be worth it at that point, especially considering early 2011 brings me Bulletstorm and Gears 3.
The main problem with the delay is many will have traded the game already towards some of those fall titles. On the plus side, hopefully this will weed out the community.
Depends on how much it costs too. As an expansion it should $20 or less.
Personally I am burnt out on COD and will likely pass on COD and MOH. I'd rather stick with Battlefield.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »