Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #2809
Pro
 
sharks's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This game really is too fun. So glad I traded Call of Duty for this.

This game is more realistic in many ways. I love the strategy and challenge. This is one of the top games I have ever played online.
sharks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #2810
Titans Era has begun.
 
HealyMonster's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 5,999
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
Yeah that is a big mistake on DICE part. They are assuming their core fan base will continue to love this game that late in it's life. Especially if they aren't adding any new maps and I don't consider them releasing the same maps but for different game types as being new.
The trailer said Winter 2010, I mean most of winter 2010 has already passed so I am going to assume they meant Nov-DEc 2010 which is technically fall, and I mean, Business 101, get it out in time for xmas.
HealyMonster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #2811
SD/LA Chargers?
 
TheBrothers24's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,935
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

I didn't mean to say that releasing the expansion pack then will be a really bad mistake. I was more so trying top convey the need to release some new maps for the game before then.

I know they have onslaught mode which they plan to make available but a lot of the maps that we have now are getting stale and releasing the same maps but just for different game modes wont keep the disc in a lot of consoles until the Vietnam expansion comes out.

Some people by the time vietnam comes out may have moved on to other shooters and the vietnam may not be a high priority on their list if they wait to long to release it. i plan on buying Vietnam because i love BC2 but a lot of my friends have gotten bored with BC2 because the maps are getting stale.
__________________
"This is for all of my peoples who understand and truly recognize. Some won't get it and for that i won't apologize"- Talib Kweli
TheBrothers24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #2812
Hall Of Fame
 
Jistic's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 16,404
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Two nights in a row where the game ended in a crash for me. I don't understand how the game is less stable now then before. Lag is way worse, crashing and freezing. But yet I still play cuz I love the game.
__________________
PSN: JISTIC_OS
XBOX LIVE: JISTIC

Jistic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #2813
OFFLINE USER deal with it
 
Goffs's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,076
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

hmm played on the 360 version and both were lagless games...except for that one map with the helicopters at both ends there were a few hicups at times but still playable...
Goffs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #2814
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: May 2010
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
hmm played on the 360 version and both were lagless games...except for that one map with the helicopters at both ends there were a few hicups at times but still playable...
There is out of my expectation from the good impression for the previous version.
bonbonan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #2815
Be Massive
 
sportsdude's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,000
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
I didn't mean to say that releasing the expansion pack then will be a really bad mistake. I was more so trying top convey the need to release some new maps for the game before then.

I know they have onslaught mode which they plan to make available but a lot of the maps that we have now are getting stale and releasing the same maps but just for different game modes wont keep the disc in a lot of consoles until the Vietnam expansion comes out.

Some people by the time vietnam comes out may have moved on to other shooters and the vietnam may not be a high priority on their list if they wait to long to release it. i plan on buying Vietnam because i love BC2 but a lot of my friends have gotten bored with BC2 because the maps are getting stale.
this.

I really enjoyed Battlefield BC 2 and still plan on putting in some quality time with the multiplayer. But by the time the Vietnam expansion comes out, that will be low on my totem pole behind games like Halo Reach, Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, FIFA 11, etc. The Vietnam expansion just won't be worth it at that point, especially considering early 2011 brings me Bulletstorm and Gears 3.
__________________
Lux y Veritas
sportsdude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #2816
MVP
 
Pete1210's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,275
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
this.

I really enjoyed Battlefield BC 2 and still plan on putting in some quality time with the multiplayer. But by the time the Vietnam expansion comes out, that will be low on my totem pole behind games like Halo Reach, Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, FIFA 11, etc. The Vietnam expansion just won't be worth it at that point, especially considering early 2011 brings me Bulletstorm and Gears 3.
The main problem with the delay is many will have traded the game already towards some of those fall titles. On the plus side, hopefully this will weed out the community.
Depends on how much it costs too. As an expansion it should $20 or less.
Personally I am burnt out on COD and will likely pass on COD and MOH. I'd rather stick with Battlefield.
Pete1210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Top -