Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #2857
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Do you guys think I should trade this game in to get Red Dead Redemption? I haven't touched this game in along time, and I was wondering your guy's thought on it.
People have asked this before and I always say no to trading in FPS's. You always want to play them again at some point since FPS' usually have longevity to them...at least for me.

RDR is a great game, but I'd trade in another Single Player game for it if you can.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:42 AM   #2858
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Do you guys think I should trade this game in to get Red Dead Redemption? I haven't touched this game in along time, and I was wondering your guy's thought on it.
I traded mine in already,although not for RDR,as I got that at the midnight release.I traded towards NCAA 11.

There were a few reasons why though for me it wasn't worth keeping.
1-lack of maps (seriously burnt on the maps)
2-lag,or better "rubber banding",also 1943 is BAAAAD for this,nothing like running through a doorway,only to be pulled out and shot.
3-Design choice. I dug the original BC way more than this one. This one just seemed like they wanted to lure in the C.O.D players. The "grit" from the original was gone.
4-The DLC...I know, I know...I don't have to buy the DLC,and I didn't. I think its ridiculous paying for what's essentially co-op.
5-But the biggest drawback for me?...lack of maps...oh,I already said that
I wanted to still get SOME value for a trade while I could,I also figure the 360 has no shortages of fps's...so if I want to get one down the line,I won't have any trouble.

To answer your question though. I would say it's really hard to answer. FOR ME....it would be worth it,as I absolutely LOVED RDR. I guess it all depends on the games you enjoy,or how much enjoyment you can get out of them.
Even though I've completed the main story in RDR,I enjoy riding around doing all the challenges and stuff. Some may say this sounds boring,but for me it's enjoyable...so that's why I say,it all depends on how much enjoyment you can get out of a game

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 07-02-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #2859
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I traded mine in already,although not for RDR,as I got that at the midnight release.I traded towards NCAA 11.

There were a few reasons why though for me it wasn't worth keeping.
1-lack of maps (seriously burnt on the maps)
2-lag,or better "rubber banding",also 1943 is BAAAAD for this,nothing like running through a doorway,only to be pulled out and shot.
3-Design choice. I dug the original BC way more than this one. This one just seemed like they wanted to lure in the C.O.D players. The "grit" from the original was gone.
4-The DLC...I know, I know...I don't have to buy the DLC,and I didn't. I think its ridiculous paying for what's essentially co-op.
5-But the biggest drawback for me?...lack of maps...oh,I already said that
I wanted to still get SOME value for a trade while I could,I also figure the 360 has no shortages of fps's...so if I want to get one down the line,I won't have any trouble.

To answer your question though. I would say it's really hard to answer. FOR ME....it would be worth it,as I absolutely LOVED RDR. I guess it all depends on the games you enjoy,or how much enjoyment you can get out of them.
Even though I've completed the main story in RDR,I enjoy riding around doing all the challenges and stuff. Some may say this sounds boring,but for me it's enjoyable...so that's why I say,it all depends on how much enjoyment you can get out of a game
The bolded sentence is the reason why I too, am burnt out on this game. After playing the game for 3 or so weeks with absolutely no new maps, the game gets stale fast. Plus people are usually always in the same spots on every map, giving no variety.

I've wanted RDR since it's release but since I'm don't have a job currently over the summer, money is short and it can't be used for video games. Hmmm I think I might just do trade it away, but then I'll regret it down the line.... Decisions decisions.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #2860
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
The bolded sentence is the reason why I too, am burnt out on this game. After playing the game for 3 or so weeks with absolutely no new maps, the game gets stale fast. Plus people are usually always in the same spots on every map, giving no variety.

I've wanted RDR since it's release but since I'm don't have a job currently over the summer, money is short and it can't be used for video games. Hmmm I think I might just do trade it away, but then I'll regret it down the line.... Decisions decisions.
To the part in bold.
I thought the same way you are,I debated for almost 2 weeks before deciding
So what I did was,played a few games with my friends,and to tell you the truth,I was ready to quit midway through the first match.

At that point I knew I was done with the game. I was bored to tears,not only with the same boring maps,but like you mentioned the "variety" wasn't there.
I've heard rumors about a BC 1 map pack...but to me that's pointless,because if I wanted to play those maps,I will just pop the original back in.

The Vietnam thing sounds cool,but I believe the release for that's not till winter sometime. Money is tight for me also,so instead of the game sitting on my shelf waiting for these add on's,I decided to get what I could out if it,and get a game I'm actually gonna play.

Good luck with your decision. Please don't take it as I'm trying to persuade you one way or the other....I'm just giving you the reasons why the game didn't satisfy me any more.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 07-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #2861
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

What I don't like about the maps in BFBC2 is that they are not as wide as in the first game they are more bottleneck especially on the rush mode. In the first game you could go way out to the left or right and make your way around. Maps Oasis, Harvest Day are examples of that. It just seems the first games maps were alot larger in scope at least to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #2862
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
To the part in bold.
I thought the same way you are,I debated for almost 2 weeks before deciding
So what I did was,played a few games with my friends,and to tell you the truth,I was ready to quit midway through the first match.

At that point I knew I was done with the game. I was bored to tears,not only with the same boring maps,but like you mentioned the "variety" wasn't there.
I've heard rumors about a BC 1 map pack...but to me that's pointless,because if I wanted to play those maps,I will just pop the original back in.

The Vietnam thing sounds cool,but I believe the release for that's not till winter sometime. Money is tight for me also,so instead of the game sitting on my shelf waiting for these add on's,I decided to get what I could out if it,and get a game I'm actually gonna play.

Good luck with your decision. Please don't take it as I'm trying to persuade you one way or the other....I'm just giving you the reasons why the game didn't satisfy me any more.
Thanks for your opinion!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #2863
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Just bought this for PS3.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #2864
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Anyone willing to gameshare the Onslaught co-op DLC with me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »