Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #3153
Come get some!
 
Candyman5's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Martinsburg WV
Posts: 14,381
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
The last few times I've seen you on Battlefield on 360, it shows you sitting in the main menu in an "Away" status. Ethreal next time I see you on this, I'll shoot you an invite or jump in.
Yeah today my baby bro was sick so I had to get some baby meds and take care of him.
__________________
PS4 Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/candyman5os

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Candyman5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #3154
OFFLINE USER deal with it
 
Goffs's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,076
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
What are people's favorite modes online?

I have played exclusively squad deathmatch online for the PC version of the game, but know there is hidden gems I am missing out on.

I loved Battlefield 2, patiently waiting for 3, but really want to get back into this game again. Since I quite enjoyed it.

So what are the "better" faves out there to play for modes?
Rush > conquest

i hate capture the flag i just find it so pointless.....now objective maps trying to defend those two consoles is a blast..never ever have i ever felt the danger of trying to protect/attacking something..

the maps are big enough to flank...theres just so much strategy to this and rush maps take awhile to accomplish which i LOVE...you get pushed back and the urgency with the team forces them to fight harder...

share them guys i play with friends on the 360 version good times when i sneak in and try to get their dogtags


pc version...solo here and i already have Vietnam preordered on Steam (cant wait to fly the Huey)

Last edited by Goffs; 12-06-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Goffs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #3155
OFFLINE USER deal with it
 
Goffs's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,076
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

you guys want to hear something funny....copters on the PC version is pretty non existent compared to the console version..

whenever i see a player run up to the copter im hoping to just jump in and be the gunner...instead he stops and as i get there we end up just staring at each other as neither of us can fly it lol

the pc version needs the 360 controller as an option for vehicles...
Goffs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #3156
Cold & Cocky
 
frostbyte06's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: TN
Posts: 1,220
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
you guys want to hear something funny....copters on the PC version is pretty non existent compared to the console version..

whenever i see a player run up to the copter im hoping to just jump in and be the gunner...instead he stops and as i get there we end up just staring at each other as neither of us can fly it lol

the pc version needs the 360 controller as an option for vehicles...
I don't know why they don't have some sort of tutorial for learning the fly the chopper. I can do ok with the transport, it's not too hard (lol), but the attack choppers are a nightmare anytime I try to get an attack run together I always end up crashing.
frostbyte06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #3157
ULTRAAAA!!!!
 
Cyros's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Metroplex
Posts: 12,646
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I never got an invite. Was I playing BF? I've been on the past few nights and nobody's been on so I've been playing with randoms.

How did I kill you if we were on the same team? There's no team kills in BF.
I think you were playing NCAA. This was Saturday around half time of Auburn/USCe. You killed me by repeatedly dropping buildings on me.
__________________
Watch Me Twitch

My Video Game Streams
Cyros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #3158
OFFLINE USER deal with it
 
Goffs's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,076
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
I don't know why they don't have some sort of tutorial for learning the fly the chopper. I can do ok with the transport, it's not too hard (lol), but the attack choppers are a nightmare anytime I try to get an attack run together I always end up crashing.
lol true...at least in the PC version you can enter any empty server and just practice flying. Thats what i did in BF2 but its still damn near impossible to fly with a keyboard and mouse..

man...just when you figure out how to strafe i usually end up nose diving into a building...gah..

the strange thing is though...BF2 there were plenty of chopper whores, i mean they would tk you just to get into one but in BC2 nobody seems to want to fly those things and i read that its actually easier to fly than the ones in BF2...

Last edited by Goffs; 12-06-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Goffs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #3159
#BringBackFaceuary
 
ChaseB's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,446
Blog Entries: 17
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Why don't you actually jump on some night and play instead of talking junk.
Ha I was on and off all weekend, why must you cover for you negligence?
__________________
Don't look at me, I'm hideous.
ChaseB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #3160
Animal Liberation
 
EnigmaNemesis's Arena
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 12,223
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I only play rush. Conquest is boring to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
I mainly play Rush, I'll hop in Squad modes every now an then. The only way I will play Conquest is if I'm playing with people I know. I refuse to play that mode with randoms....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Rush > conquest

i hate capture the flag i just find it so pointless.....now objective maps trying to defend those two consoles is a blast..never ever have i ever felt the danger of trying to protect/attacking something..

the maps are big enough to flank...theres just so much strategy to this and rush maps take awhile to accomplish which i LOVE...you get pushed back and the urgency with the team forces them to fight harder...

share them guys i play with friends on the 360 version good times when i sneak in and try to get their dogtags


pc version...solo here and i already have Vietnam preordered on Steam (cant wait to fly the Huey)
Thanks for the feedback guys. I assumed Rush was the general consensus mostly.

I am down to play with any of you on the PC version. Someone set up a night and time and I am all game!

So I assume Rush is Army A versus Army B with not "squads"?
__________________
Boston Red Sox | Miami Dolphins
EnigmaNemesis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Top -