Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #3321
Jack Stan

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Does it ever say your team loss when you won?

It said at the end our team loss, but the team we played in Rush only set out one M Com station the whole game.

I dunno too much!
Recently, whenever I play Conquest and win, the screen says my team lost. However, everything else appears just fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #3322
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

With Black Ops being a mess on the PS3 I'm considering picking this up. I've always been interested in it but have no idea why I never picked it up. Anyways I'm just worried I'll be so far behind everyone else and get slaughtered. Is the learning curve pretty easy in this game?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #3323
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
With Black Ops being a mess on the PS3 I'm considering picking this up. I've always been interested in it but have no idea why I never picked it up. Anyways I'm just worried I'll be so far behind everyone else and get slaughtered. Is the learning curve pretty easy in this game?
Yeah Buck, it's not too bad when you get what is going on. I remember the scale of the multiplayer when I first started playing it was kind of intimidating until I figured out what to do. It is a whole different animal from COD games. Much slower paced, and many more ways to contribute to victory than just running around killing people. I think it creates that "fog of war" effect pretty well.

Shoot me a friend request if you want...PSN = lilloreo
Old 12-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #3324
Jack Stan

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I was never that great at any COD games, but consistently contribute a great deal when playing BBC2.

Learning maps is actually the most time consuming aspect and just remember that gravity effects everything.

Also, the weapons you start with are not far behind those others will be using, so there isn't a big disadvantage in that department. Plus, what you lack in power from the start you can counter with smart play and strategy.

Also, leveling up isn't just based on kills, so if you help complete objectives in Rush and Conquest, you'll find yourself breezing through the first several levels in no time.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #3325
OFFLINE USER deal with it

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

who here ordered the PC version through steam? its going to be released on the 18th! THIS SATURDAY!

steam name BoFF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #3326
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Recently, whenever I play Conquest and win, the screen says my team lost. However, everything else appears just fine.
i noticed this too, but they give u the winning dialogue and everything....so it really doesnt matter.

Me and Capp34 = BEASTY on Squad Rush!
Old 12-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #3327
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

IGN: Vietnam Review - 9.5

Quote:
Bad Company 2 - Vietnam is set apart from Bad Company 2's original multiplayer mode in the menu - it even has its own separate title screen.
Quote:
Anyone who played much Bad Company 2 was likely made quite familiar with the sniper-like accuracy of medics with long-range scopes attached to their machine guns, and I'll admit to being aggressive from across the map as an engineer with the aid of a red dot sight. In the absence of these weapon tweaks, the combat dynamic has changed considerably from Bad Company 2. Fights are closer and more vicious more often, which is assisted by environments and level design that break up most long lines of sight and which provide a ton of hiding places.

Newcomers in particular should find Bad Company 2 - Vietnam inviting. With secondary abilities scaled back somewhat and scopes gone to even out the middle-range playing field, Vietnam makes Bad Company 2 approachable again. Everyone's back at zero, and the equipment has been scaled back enough that the gap doesn't seem like it'll grow so wide. However, hardcore players still have tiers of guns to unlock and the same secondary abilities as the main game.

Honestly, the most confusing thing about Bad Company 2 - Vietnam is why it isn't a separate game entirely. EA demonstrated their ability to successfully market and sell a standalone downloadable last summer with Battlefield 1943, and Bad Company 2 - Vietnam is even more distinctive. With a full complement of new characters for each class, new voiceovers for both sides, new vehicles, new environments, and a revamped presentation, Bad Company 2 - Vietnam feels even more like a complete, standalone title than 1943 did, particularly at just $15.00 USD.
Quote:
Whether you're new to Bad Company 2 or have been repairing, healing, and blowing up other players since March of this year, Bad Company 2 -Vietnam is among the best multiplayer experiences this year. The ability to contribute and succeed and unlock additional levels in ways that don't have to include shooting other players and the reliance on strategy over twitch gameplay clicks just as well in Bad Company 2 - Vietnam. Meanwhile, the re-balancing of character classes and level variety might actually trump Bad Company 2 proper. Battlefield fans will probably argue over whether to play Bad Company 2 or its expansion in the months to come. But when it comes to choosing between arguably the best multiplayer game of the year and its excellent expansion, that seems like a good problem to have.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #3328
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Hotness. So ready.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »