Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #3769
Jack Stan

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I mainly use my 40mm Grenade Launcher(just got my 9th star with it) but that shotgun is just awesome for defending a building. I used it last night on Nelson and just defended that last big building, I must have gotten 20 kills with it. My friend probably got 50 motion assists that game too, it was insane.
I just used it for a SDM and had ten kills with it. So fun to use. This game never ceases to create fun, even when I'm less than happy with other players.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #3770
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I am not too much of a Shotgunner but i will rock the VSS m14, or G3. Motion Sensors are simply awesome, me and my buddy will hold a point all by our lonesome.

FYI, I have just fell in love with the 40MM Shotgun, It is so ridiculous.
I always used the 870, but I had to bronze all the weapons so I fell in love with the Neostead 2000. It's a little slow but if you got good aim you'll never lose in close.

I don't play any other modes, I've played a little bit of conquest and yes I could see how snipers would just piss someone off since they really don't contribute.

In rush I'm fine with some guys sniping on defense if they're spotting and draining tickets. On Attack you need maybe 1 sniper, everyone else should be flooding the objective 1/3 of the map. I also am hating those tank douches with the optics that just sit a mile away and tank snipe on attack. You always see these guys ranked 45-50 as well.

I will literally circle around the entire map with sack of c4 just to kill these pole smokers out of principle.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #3771
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
I had a couple of games where 2 players would be on opposite teams working together. One would revive you in a place while the other would continuously kill you over and over again....Talk about being pissed off.

Whether they were working together or the medic was to idiotic to notice or didnt care, it ticks me off either way.
I played a lot of BF2 and actually just picked up Bad Company today. This was a problem in BF2 as well.

Anything I should know about the game off the bat from you vets? I played a match or two so far and like it. I wanted a modern game but I'm not a fan of COD, this looks to be what I'm looking for.

I played a game of conquest as it was the most familiar to me. However, I haven't played any of the squad based games or rush. How are these?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #3772
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Anything I should know about the game off the bat from you vets?
. Staying in cover is key to success.
. Holding certain points of a map can really help your team, especially when holding with other players.
. *In the voice of The Rock* Know your dam role! When playing as any class (Assault, Engineer, Medic, Sniper), always help your team. Give ammo, fix vehicles, heal/revive team mates, call in motor strikes. Some of this becomes easier once you've unlocked equipment.
. Have fun!

Quote:
In both games,our crackpot team did absolutely NOTHING to help capture ANY flags,it was unbelievable....to the point that we were getting spawned raped on both maps.

It did absolutely no good even when I was able to break through,as the rest of our team had no concept of what the hell to do....no ammo,no med packs,nothing....hell if these dim wits would've at least helped in capturing some flags,I could've easily overlooked the former....

I'm sorry,but I have to say this....if these yahoo's just wanna run around and kill,while ignoring the objective....please go visit another game.
Happened to me a few times as well. I'm fine when your on the defending team and people are just sitting around, because holding is key, but when your attacking.. ATTACK!

I was playing Harvest Day the other day with my friend and two strangers who were awesome, and our squad would last forever because everyone knew what to do. The rest of our team were holding the line with tanks having engineers constantly heal them and take out any other vehicles, and the snipers just held of any infantry.

Communication and team work were absolutely solid.

Last edited by RJTurneR; 01-25-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #3773
Jack Stan

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Is there anything better in this game than destroying a tank or chopper with with 2+ people in it? Sometimes I think there is not.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #3774
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Is there anything better in this game than destroying a tank or chopper with with 2+ people in it? Sometimes I think there is not.
Especially when it's mines you laid down 20 minutes earlier and forgot about.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #3775
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Bringing a building down on someone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #3776
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Taking down a chopper, that's carrying four people, with the guided RL is awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »